New in version 5.2.4
August 29th, 2013
- Support user names with a space in the name in cmd.exe. Thanks to anonymous.
- Show an "A" when alternative navigation mode is on.
- Improved printing of surrogate pairs on border.
- New option -Td, --cjk-width. Support double width line drawing symbols and ambiguous characters when double-width CJK (Chinese, Japanese, and Korean) font is used. Analog to xterm -cjk_width.
- Added a test treedata file.
- Print system error when writing to disk fails.
- Makefile: * CC can be overridden by environment. * CFLAGS optimization flags can be overridden by environment. * Separate LIBS from LDFLAGS. Thanks to Justin Lecher
- Makefile: NCURSES_DEBUG=1 enables linking with the ncurses libraries with debug information. The ncurses *_g libraries.
- In verbose mode environment variables HOME, WCDHOME, WCDSCAN, and go-script are printed.
- Wcd prints debug information when compiled with DEBUG=1.
- Windows versions don't follow symbolic links while scanning disks (like Unix versions). Thanks to Eli Zaretskii.
- Fix: Option --just-go did not work. --no-ignore-diacritics did set just go mode.
- Fix: Compilation on OS X/FreeBSD. Thanks to Misty De Meo .
- New option -y, --assume-yes: Assume yes on all queries. Handy in combination with -rmtree.
- Preparing to use Ncurses instead of PDcurses for wcd on Windows. PDcurses has no new version since Sep 2008. Many thanks to Ncurses maintainer Thomas Dickey. * Reduced flicker in graphical tree interface by using werase() i.s.o. wclear(). Flicker was mainly noticeable in Windows port of ncurses. * Unset environment variable TERM on Windows when ncurses is used. A wrong value makes ncurses exit right away. * Ncurses MinGW port fixes by Thomas Dickey: Failing newterm() fixed (ncurses 5.9.20120922) Correct display of double width characters (ncurses 5.9.20121215). Freezes on input fixed (ncurses 5.9.20130302). * Pending issues: Ncurses does not work in Console2. Misalignment at highlighted directory in tree with true type CJK font, e.g. the Chinese Simsun font. (PDCurses has same problem.)
New in version 5.2.3 (October 30th, 2012)
- New compact tree mode. By default the 'graphical' tree is drawn the same way as the original NCD did it. On DOS a directory path could only be 66 characters in total. With the deep directory structures of today the tree can become very wide. To overcome this wcd can draw the tree in a compact way, similar to most GUI file managers, with only one folder per line. Use the new option -Tc or switch on-the-fly with the 'm' key.
- Alternative navigation in compact tree mode works the same as in GUI file explorers such as Windows Explorer and KDE Konqueror.
- Removed option -ga. Instead add the new option -Ta to your wcd alias, function or batch file if you prefer alternative navigation by default. Use shift-A in the tree to switch on-the-fly.
- Removed option -gc. Instead add the new option -TC to your wcd alias, function or batch file if you prefer centered view by default.
- Wcd compiles with Microsoft Visual C++.
- Makefile uses $(sysconfdir) i.s.o. hardcoded /etc.
- Added several GNU standard long command-line options. Thanks to Jari Aalto.
- RPM spec file complies to Fedora packaging standards. Moved spec file to folder misc.
- Fix: PowerShell version created files named "null".
- Fix: Stdio mode on Windows prints Unicode characters correctly.
- Fix: Match c with cedilla when ignoring diacritics (CP1252, CP28591, ISO-8859-1, and Unicode).
New in version 5.1.3 (August 30th, 2010)
- A German translation has been added.
- The match window supports terminal resizing.
- Ports to MSYS and 64-bit Windows have been made.
- Some minor problems have been fixed.
New in version 5.0.3 (July 7th, 2009)
- Fixed wcd_isdir() (UNIX/DOS/Cygwin/OS2 version). Possible false positive test on non-existing path. Win32 version is not affected.
New in version 5.0.2 (June 11th, 2009)
- Improved horizontal scrolling with Unicode combining and double width characters in match list and graphical tree.
- Update manual, section LOCALIZATION.
- Man page uses ASCII quotes (grave accent, apostrophe quote) for readability on old systems.
- src/Makefile supports DESTDIR variable.
- dos16/GNUmakefile: New gnu makefile for dos16 installation and zip package creation. Replaces misc/Makefile.dist.
New in version 5.0.1 (May 4th, 2009)
- Fix RPM spec file.
- Update manual w.r.t. MSYS.
- Check environment for UTF-8 character encoding.
- problems.txt: Document problem during `gmake install' on Windows.
New in version 5.0.0 (March 29th, 2009)
- UTF-8 Unicode support for Unix/Linux.
- Resolved a few signedness issues.
- Update manual page.
- Option -l takes alias directly: wcd -l < alias > (thanks to Jari Aalto)
- Swapped command line options -v and -V. (thanks to Jari Aalto) Option -v is now verbose and -V is verion info. This is more common practice in GNU programs.
- Added GNU standard long command line options --help, --version and --verbose.
- Changed option for quiet operation from -Q to -q (GNU common practice).
- In match list key 'z' does page down (like less) (thanks to Jari Aalto).
- Improvements manual page (thanks to Jari Aalto)
- The URLs are too long for nroff. Those are now fixed with correct formatting code
- The /path/names are best not to be hyphenated. Those are now fixed with correct formatting code
- The order of sections is changed to follow de facto section order http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/xcu_chap01.html#tag_01_11
- The quotes `` '' are escaped to make clean output.
- The top-level INSTALL sections are not made subsections for more clearer layout.
New in version 4.1.0 (November 5th, 2008)
- This version includes a wcd port for Windows PowerShell.
- Sorting of matches with locale support has been added.