October 30th, 2012
· New compact tree mode. By default the 'graphical' tree is drawn the same way as the original NCD did it. On DOS a directory path could only be 66 characters in total. With the deep directory structures of today the tree can become very wide. To overcome this wcd can draw the tree in a compact way, similar to most GUI file managers, with only one folder per line. Use the new option -Tc or switch on-the-fly with the 'm' key.
· Alternative navigation in compact tree mode works the same as in GUI file explorers such as Windows Explorer and KDE Konqueror.
· Removed option -ga. Instead add the new option -Ta to your wcd alias, function or batch file if you prefer alternative navigation by default. Use shift-A in the tree to switch on-the-fly.
· Removed option -gc. Instead add the new option -TC to your wcd alias, function or batch file if you prefer centered view by default.
· Wcd compiles with Microsoft Visual C++.
· Makefile uses $(sysconfdir) i.s.o. hardcoded /etc.
· Added several GNU standard long command-line options. Thanks to Jari Aalto.
· RPM spec file complies to Fedora packaging standards. Moved spec file to folder misc.
· Fix: PowerShell version created files named "null".
· Fix: Stdio mode on Windows prints Unicode characters correctly.
· Fix: Match c with cedilla when ignoring diacritics (CP1252, CP28591, ISO-8859-1, and Unicode).
August 30th, 2010
· A German translation has been added.
· The match window supports terminal resizing.
· Ports to MSYS and 64-bit Windows have been made.
· Some minor problems have been fixed.
July 7th, 2009
· Fixed wcd_isdir() (UNIX/DOS/Cygwin/OS2 version). Possible false positive test on non-existing path. Win32 version is not affected.
June 11th, 2009
· Improved horizontal scrolling with Unicode combining and double width characters in match list and graphical tree.
· Update manual, section LOCALIZATION.
· Man page uses ASCII quotes (grave accent, apostrophe quote) for readability on old systems.
· src/Makefile supports DESTDIR variable.
· dos16/GNUmakefile: New gnu makefile for dos16 installation and zip package creation. Replaces misc/Makefile.dist.
May 4th, 2009
· Fix RPM spec file.
· Update manual w.r.t. MSYS.
· Check environment for UTF-8 character encoding.
· problems.txt: Document problem during `gmake install' on Windows.
March 29th, 2009
· UTF-8 Unicode support for Unix/Linux.
· Resolved a few signedness issues.
· Update manual page.
· Option -l takes alias directly: wcd -l < alias > (thanks to Jari Aalto)
· Swapped command line options -v and -V. (thanks to Jari Aalto) Option -v is now verbose and -V is verion info. This is more common practice in GNU programs.
· Added GNU standard long command line options --help, --version and --verbose.
· Changed option for quiet operation from -Q to -q (GNU common practice).
· In match list key 'z' does page down (like less) (thanks to Jari Aalto).
· Improvements manual page (thanks to Jari Aalto)
· The URLs are too long for nroff. Those are now fixed with correct formatting code
· The /path/names are best not to be hyphenated. Those are now fixed with correct formatting code
· The order of sections is changed to follow de facto section order http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/xcu_chap01.html#tag_01_11
· The quotes `` '' are escaped to make clean output.
· The top-level INSTALL sections are not made subsections for more clearer layout.
November 5th, 2008
· This version includes a wcd port for Windows PowerShell.
· Sorting of matches with locale support has been added.