May 18th, 2013
· W3Perl uses now an Ajax menu, it allows uptodate menu when new report is available. Of course, it requires a web server running in order to work, so the old static menu is still there for w3perl-win.exe package. As a reminder, with the old way to generate menu, you have to wait the incremental run to display all available menu.
· Referer spammer detection have been improved, you can now use keywords to filter the referer field (using the referer-keyword.txt file). Referer spam is a good way to detect virus/malware on remote computers. Most hosts sending referer spam are infected. I've tried to contact a provider so they can send a warming to their clients about this problem. Sadly, the answer was to block referer spam on my side rather than cleaning the source.
· You can also crypt your w3perl's output, I use it to display demo mode.
May 10th, 2013
· Wrong display on Page Search
· Search is now available without CGI
· Countries pie chart link
· Duplicate local hosts shown on incremental run (precision 4)
· Hosts files are not anymore removed on incremental (precision 4) : faster
· Empty jqplot graphs produces errors
· Threshold was not set in histogram plots
· Fix W3C validation
· Preliminary support for hourly splitted logfiles
· Output can be crypted (to hide email in demo mode)
April 24th, 2013
· Fix some issues with web admin (display / loadbalancing option / schedule ...)
· Jqplot improvements (limit to 1000 pts for histogram, ...)
· Users report show number of accesses/host/traffic versus time for each user
· Jqplot updated to 1.0.8 and logresolvemerge to 1.45
March 27th, 2013
· You can now switch to jqplot plots as all scripts have been converted.
· Graphs have been improved (min, max, average, and sigma were added).
· A few minor bugs have been fixed.
March 27th, 2013
· Monthly calendar show links again
· Bug with leap year
· Check at last a week have been selected in date range selection
· Warning when files which cannot be removed
February 13th, 2013
· Fix an issue with country code with reverse_geo enabled (ipv detect)
· Check if ftpserver is empty before parsing page
· File was not displayed with cups format if pathserver was empty
· Fix an issue with ipv6 (trying to get country from ipv6 !)
· Wrong date intervalle with leap year
· Histogram display 95% of values to avoid large value
· Error/Refer and Agent now uses jqplot graphs
January 8th, 2013
· Session script can be run as standalone
· CSV export for session available
· Daily uncompressed files can be parsed if found in daily compressed mode - Weekly reports doesn't use anymore Fly
· Selected pages report have been improved (no more Fly graph and better memory usage).
· Robot detection in session report have been fixed.
· Minor fixes (german language file, yearly stats with email enabled, updated country code (cw, sx) ... )
November 29th, 2012
· Webstar logfile support including a default config file
· DHCP logfile support
· OS report display MacOS version
· No more deprecated function used
· Improved mail reports
· Many bug fixes thanks to user's feedback
· Improved ipv6 support
· Improved detection of split logfiles
July 9th, 2012
· Exim reports have been improved.
· Spamassassin entries can now be parse from the mail.log file.
· A filter can be applied to trace incoming and/or outgoing email messages.
March 26th, 2012
· Cups improvements
· Improved browser detection
· Display logfiles size on init
· Remove old perl4 library dependancy
· Skip filename length > 255 (Windows)
· PDF export improved
· Improved security within web admin
· Checking logfiles are readable
· Removing 'internal dummy connection' entries
· Minor improvements (suggest box, url graphs, cups graphs, search tool...)
February 19th, 2012
· Only small bugfixes have been applied: Checking logfiles are now readable in Apache rotation mode, localdomain can now accept the domain name instead of a string, some graphs were removed on init (removing "internal dummy connection" entries), and some minor HTML code fixes have been made.
December 23rd, 2011
· Support for load-balancing servers has been added, allowing log files from different directories to be read together.
October 20th, 2011
· Support for IPv6 has been added.
· Users can filter on IPv4 or IPv6 addresses.
October 7th, 2011
· More stats are now available on the method used.
· Forms now have autocompletion ability.
· Some memory leaks have been fixed.
· Hundred of issues have been solved.
April 13th, 2011
· CUPS reports have been improved.
· Domain referer pie charts have been added.
· Squid reports can now use threshold in order to get lighter pages.
· A large number of bugs have been fixed.
March 28th, 2011
· Many bug have been fixed : monthly calendar links, incremental loading for virtual host, robot incremental data, -d flag for hourly script, wrong links on homepage ...
February 15th, 2011
· Improved CUPS reports
January 24th, 2011
· Improved CUPS reports
January 10th, 2011
· Improved admin naviguation
· Better memory management with time scripts
· More accurate stats from download manager behavior
· Improved parsing of traffic splitted logfiles
· More options to scan your own logfiles
December 27th, 2010
· Weekly/Monthly and Yearly Traffic accesses was wrong
· Fix for windows shortcut : C:\Progra~2\. So windows config files store full pathname, second part of config files have been moved to libw3perl...
· Added Terabyte as unit
· Option -d with old logfiles was crashing
· More configuration checkings (excluderepert are rectify with a leading and trailing slash).
· Small cosmetic changes (show logfiles processed, some percentage were set to 0...)
March 2nd, 2010
· SpamAssassin logfile support
May 13th, 2009
· Squid reports faster and took less memory using the default
· New world map allowing better cities location
· Nicer page reports with poplayer to display pages stats without the need to open
· each directories
· Sitemap.xml available to help spider to scan your website
· Pie charts and cloud tags available.
· Can read apahe rotation logfiles with increasing number
· Improved IIS installer (choose webserver and build config file on the fly).
· Many bug fixes ...
April 30th, 2009
· Referer stats improved
· CSS Style selection
· Improved sort table
· Frames have been replaced with a CSS menu
· Stats available for any date selection
· Weekly/Monthly/Yearly display daily data.