New in version 0.8 RC1
January 26th, 2013
- Improved IPv6 support
- Improved Debian packages, switching to nflog as default for logging.
- Fix connection viewer not showing accounting on newer systems.
- Amd64 packages for Debian and Ubuntu are now available through the apt server.
- Switch from "state" match to "conntrack" match for connection tracking.
- Services now support possible protocols.
- Add support for rpfilter match.
New in version 0.8 Beta 1 (April 24th, 2009)
- Work around a buggy Jaunty kernel that doesn't properly update /proc/net/ip_tables_targets and /proc/net/ip_tables_matches. Fixes #84.
- Add init info to the Debian init script. Copied from the official Debian init script for vuurmuur by Daniel Baumann. Should fix #85.
- Apply patches from ticket #89 by Matthijs Kooijman, in preparation of allowing optional more relaxed permission handling (See #88). Thanks Matthijs!
- Change the way iptrafvol.pl is executed. Should fix #68.
- Don't forget to set ip_forwarding when LOG target or limit match support hasn't been detected. Fixes #82.
- Handle text input of rule separator lines better. Fixes #73.
- Check in initial version of a bash/dialog bash quick setup wizard. A script that aimed at creating a working, but simple, Vuurmuur configuration quickly.
- Fix LOAD_MODULES loading from config file.
- Enable executing the wizard through vuurmuur_conf --wizard.
New in version 0.7 (April 4th, 2009)
New in version 0.7 RC3 (March 27th, 2009)
- Installation script no longer automatically updates the build system, it now only does so when told to
- Fixed a buffer overflow bug in textdir.
- Fixed a small layout error in the nfs service.
New in version 0.7 RC2 (March 22nd, 2009)
- The build system was fixed and updated.
New in version 0.7 RC1 (March 7th, 2009)
- A number of services were added.
- The German translation was updated.
- The installation script was fixed for some newer systems.
- A reload now preserves command-line switches.
- Listenport and reportport option parsing were fixed.
New in version 0.7 Beta 2 (October 5th, 2008)
- Detection for support for the NAT random option was added.
- Checks for the iptables, iptables-restore, and tc command line tools were fixed.
New in version 0.7 Beta 1 (September 30th, 2008)
- Installing of translations was fixed.
- GUI fixes were made.
- Better error checking for traffic shaping was implemented.
- The Dutch translation was updated.
New in version 0.6 (September 28th, 2008)
- Support for traffic shaping was added.
- Source port randomization for NAT was added.
- Many bugs were fixed.