New in version 4.12
December 12th, 2014
- On systems running Apache 2.4 and above, VirtualHost blocks are now created with an IP address instead of *.
- Moved all S3 and Rackspace Cloud Files settings from the Virtualmin Configuration page to the new Cloud Storage Providers page.
- In the Pro version, added support for backups to Google Cloud Storage, once an account is added on the new Cloud Storage Providers page.
- Numerous script installer updates in the Pro version.
New in version 4.05 (February 1st, 2014)
- Added the fix-domain-permissions API command, for resetting home directory ownership.
- Updated the phpMyAdmin script installer to version 4.1.5.
- Added SRV record support to the DNS Records page.
- Added the Transfer Virtual Server page and transfer-domain API command for copying or moving a domain to another system running Virtualmin.
New in version 4.03 (October 22nd, 2013)
- Updated the Roundcube script installer to version 0.9.4, and phpMyAdmin to 4.0.6.
- Mail client auto-configuration now supports Outlook as well as Thunderbird.
- Backups from other control panels can now be migrated from their un-compressed or extract directories.
- Multiple virtual servers can now share a single IPv6 address, just as can be done for IPv4. Each domain can either not use IPv6 at all, use one of several shared addresses, or have its own private address.
- When migrating a virtual server from cPanel, Plesk or some other control panel, you can now select if it will be assigned an IPv6 address by Virtualmin.
- The Dallas or Chicago datacenters can now be explictly selected when using Rackspace cloud files.
New in version 4.01 (June 25th, 2013)
- Updated the phpMyAdmin script installer to version 4.0.1, and Roundcube to 0.9.1.
- German translation updates, thanks to Raymond Vetter.
- Added the Amazon S3 Buckets page, for setting bucket ACLs, scheduled deletion and Glacier move rules.
- Added an option when restoring virtual servers to have them deleted and re-created before restoring files.
- For domains whose DNS is not hosted by the Virtualmin system, a sensible default set of records is shown on the Suggested DNS Records page.
- When changing the IP address of multiple domains, an option to update the master IP of slave DNS zones is now available.
New in version 3.95 (November 8th, 2012)
- When running a scheduled backup from within the Virtualmin UI, pre and post backup commands are now run, and old backups purged if configured.
- Added the fix-domain-quota API command, to bring Unix quotas into sync with what Virtualmin expects.
New in version 3.93 (July 21st, 2012)
- Updated the phpMyAdmin script installer to version 3.5.1, and WordPress to 3.4.1.
- Added new API commands list list-s3-buckets and upload-s3-file for manipulating files on Amazon's S3 service.
- Backups of more than 2GB to Amazon's S3 service now use the mulitpart protocol, which is needed to support large backups.
- The contact email address for a domain can now contain multiple addresses with real names.
- The DKIM feature in Virtualmin now supports OpenDKIM, as seen in Ubuntu 12.04.
- Backups to Amazon S3 can now be to a sub-directory under a bucket, rather than being at the top level.
- The disable-feature and enable-feature API commands now have flags to disassocaite and re-associate features with a domain, without actually updating the underlying configuration files or databases.
- Virtual server owners can now be granted permission to create domains on a single IP address.
- Added an option to the restore form and a flag to restore-domain to ignore virtual servers that have failed.
- The default shell for new virtual servers on Linux systems is now bash, if installed.
- When the SSL certificate for a domain is changed, any domains which shared the old cert but cannot use the new one will be switched to a copy of the old cert file.
New in version 3.91 (April 17th, 2012)
- System statistics graphs now include the number of email messages received, bounced and greylisted. Statistic are also categorized by type, and when multiple stats are plotted at once the same axis is used for stats of the same type.
- The S3 backup support has been ported from Virtualmin Pro, allowing GPL users to backup domains to Amazon's paid storage service. Also, added a Virtualmin Configuration option to use an alternate S3-compatible backup service instead of Amazon's.
- Updated the phpMyAdmin script installer to 184.108.40.206, and phpPgAdmin to 5.0.4.
- When cloning a virtual server with a private IP, a new address for the clone can be entered instead of relying on automatic IP allocation.
- When calling the remote API with the json, perl or xml format flags, multiline mode is automatically enabled so that the output from commands can be correctly parsed. API errors are also returned using the selected format.
New in version 3.90 (February 7th, 2012)
- Updated the phpMyAdmin script installer to version 3.4.9, WHMCS to 5.0.3, and RoundCube to 0.7.
- The script installer update process can now detect new installer releases that don't change the application version.
- Added the modify-proxy API command, to update an existing proxy balancer.
- The warning when multiple SSL sites share the same IP can now be disabled if your webserver supports SNI, via a new option on the Virtualmin Configuration page.
- Backups now create a .dom file in the same directory as the tar.gz file, which contains information about the domains included and is used to speed up the restore process.
- A new option on the Virtualmin Configuration page allows domain owners to restore backups made by root for their own domains. Because root backups are considered secure, the domain owner can restore all settings, including the Apache and DNS configuration.
- Scheduled backups now have a separate deletion policy for each destination, instead of the same policy being applied to all destinations. For example, you could delete local backups after 5 days and remote backups after 10.
New in version 3.89 (December 3rd, 2011)
- Updated the phpMyAdmin script installer to version 3.4.7, and phpPgAdmin to 5.0.3.
- When creating or restoring a virtual server with a database that already exists, you now have the option to simply associate that database with the server rather than causing the server creation to fail.
- The list of sub-servers under a top-level server has been moved from the Edit Virtual Server page to the List Sub-Servers link on the left menu.
- Added the --skip-warnings flag to the modify-domain API command, to ignore warnings related to new features from a plan change.
- MySQL connection limits for domain owners and mailboxes can now be set at the template level, and will be applied to new virtual servers and mail users with database access.
- When the email feature is disabled for a domain, all mail aliases are now removed and saved by Virtualmin. If email is later re-enabled, aliases will be restored.
- Expanded the Virtualmin plugin API to allow a plugin to replace the core Apache website feature, for example with Nginx.
- Backups now include the Dovecot control files of users when they are stored outside the home directory, so that message UIDs are preserved when the domain is restored on another system.
- The post-installation wizard now prompts for you to select a MySQL configuration size appropriate for the available memory on your system, and applies it to /etc/my.cnf.