New in version 0.7.8
February 3rd, 2015
- Added multiblock "selection" (in quotes because it's also block deselection and inversion of selection for completeness).
- Added progress bar for file operations. Available only if 'syscalls' option is set (please be careful with that, check basic operations on temp files before using this with important data).
- Added names for 256 colors, highlight group for inactive cursor, ":highlight clear" command.
- Some improvements for cancelling operations.
- Better implementation of emptying trash directories.
- New types of conflict resolution.
- Several extensions for filtering with user-defined commands.
- More customizable UI (borders, padding).
- Smarter path completion.
- Separated Vifm and Vim plugin documentation.
- A couple of extensions for Vim plugin (for mail and bulk file renaming).
New in version 0.7.6 (November 1st, 2013)
- Added interactive local filter.
- Added external editing of command-line content with 'vicmd'.
- Added integration with tmux.
- Added options to configure external commands for :apropos, :find, :grep and :locate commands.
- Added desktop entry file (*nix only) and updated application icon.
- Fixed build for some combinations of OS/environments (OS X, 32/64-bit cygwin, Windows).
New in version 0.7.5 (May 11th, 2013)
- This version added parsing of escape codes, improved existing features, and fixed bugs.
- There were also some changes to the build system, and new extra files were bundled.
New in version 0.7.4b (January 22nd, 2013)
- The version fixes more than 17 bugs.
- It does not contain any new features.
New in version 0.7.4a (October 23rd, 2012)
- This version fixed build problems that were caused by using different versions of autotools.
- Several bugs were fixed, some of which were related to new features.
New in version 0.7.4 (October 19th, 2012)
- There are two main directions in which improvements were made.
- One of them is TUI, which now has support for multiple columns and ls-like view as well as customizable file name decoration (prefix and suffix).
- The second one is connected with the command interpreter, which now supports built-in functions, conditional operators, and conditional execution of commands (using if-else-endif statements).
- Additionally, vifm's memory footprint was made smaller and running of programs associated with files made smarter (won't stop until an existing program is found).
New in version 0.7.3a (June 25th, 2012)
- This version fixes one serious bug and several small ones, adds some more information to the documentation, and adds very small enhancements.
New in version 0.7.2 (February 19th, 2012)
- This version implements basic communication between different instances of vifm.
- It improves configuration initialization on startup.
- It implements some features on Windows that were absent for this platform before.
- It makes vifm faster to figure out that directory content was changed.
- There are other less significant changes.
New in version 0.7.1 (November 28th, 2011)
- This version changes the meaning of the :split command (so replace it with :vsplit in your vifmrc), adds backgrounding of the :copy, :move, :delete, ga, and gA commands, adds horizontal splitting and keys to control the size of the panes, adds a less-like view mode, makes some changes to the Vim plugin, and makes the Windows version much more usable.