May 11th, 2013
· This version added parsing of escape codes, improved existing features, and fixed bugs.
· There were also some changes to the build system, and new extra files were bundled.
January 22nd, 2013
· The version fixes more than 17 bugs.
· It does not contain any new features.
October 23rd, 2012
· This version fixed build problems that were caused by using different versions of autotools.
· Several bugs were fixed, some of which were related to new features.
October 19th, 2012
· There are two main directions in which improvements were made.
· One of them is TUI, which now has support for multiple columns and ls-like view as well as customizable file name decoration (prefix and suffix).
· The second one is connected with the command interpreter, which now supports built-in functions, conditional operators, and conditional execution of commands (using if-else-endif statements).
· Additionally, vifm's memory footprint was made smaller and running of programs associated with files made smarter (won't stop until an existing program is found).
June 25th, 2012
· This version fixes one serious bug and several small ones, adds some more information to the documentation, and adds very small enhancements.
February 19th, 2012
· This version implements basic communication between different instances of vifm.
· It improves configuration initialization on startup.
· It implements some features on Windows that were absent for this platform before.
· It makes vifm faster to figure out that directory content was changed.
· There are other less significant changes.
November 28th, 2011
· This version changes the meaning of the :split command (so replace it with :vsplit in your vifmrc), adds backgrounding of the :copy, :move, :delete, ga, and gA commands, adds horizontal splitting and keys to control the size of the panes, adds a less-like view mode, makes some changes to the Vim plugin, and makes the Windows version much more usable.