VariCAD Viewer 2014-1.04 - Changelog
What's new in VariCAD Viewer 2014-1.02:November 12th, 2013
- More information:
- Support of multi-level assemblies
- You can define a sub-assembly created from multiple objects. It is similar as a definition of single part. The sub-assembly can be further inserted into assemblies, where it behaves as a single object. A sub-assembly itself can contain also inserted parts or other sub-assemblies, so you can create a complex structure of mechanical design.
- Support of relative paths in assembly – sub-assembly – part links:
- Optionally, it is possible to use relative paths. This allows you to maintain situation, where various computers have access to server, and the access is mapped differently. Or, if some computers work under Windows and some computers work under Linux. All users can now access common data at server without problems. Another advantage may be in exchanging of files between different users - if these files are only copied as directory structures.
- Changes in BOM, allowing you to select various possibilities of data processing, if 3D contains multi-level assembly:
- If 3D contains sub-assemblies, a BOM can be created by various methods. You can select whether to create a BOM from highest level only (as it was previously), or if to process complete structure of all levels of inserted parts and sub-assemblies. If a BOM is created at one single level, you can select creation from highest level only or from all parts from all levels. Then, you can obtain complete list of all parts necessary for completion of the highest assembly.
- Changes in definition and maintenance of solid attributes, if 3D contains multi-level assembly:
- Changes in geometrical constraints in 3D, especially more legible listing of removed degrees of freedom (fixed movements or rotations along or around axes).
- Now, behavior of geometrical constraints is simpler. All constraints remove degrees of freedom (fix movement along or rotation around axes). This information is legible listed in tables, or in constraint panel. Before removing some constraint related to fixed axis, you are acknowledged. Also, you can see a complete list of possible collisions between new and existing constraints, if you create a colliding constraint. This prevents possibility of unexpected behavior later.
- Further improvements in STEP input
- Minor changes in DWG/DXF input
- Minor changes in 3D kernel
What's new in VariCAD Viewer 2013-1.03:February 6th, 2013
- Changes in 3D kernel, allowing you to read multiple shape representations from STEP:
- For instance, you can load open shells (shells with zero thickness), or solids with missing patches and work with them. This improvement significantly reduces number of solids, previously refused to load. Until now, VariCAD refused to load a solid, if an error was detected at a single patch. Now, the solid is loaded with missing patch only. Moreover, there are other improvements in opening of STEP files.
- Support of DWG/DXF format of Autocad 2013
- Tools for working with open solids (mostly loaded from STEP, see above):
- Now, VariCAD can work not only with closed surfaces, but also with objects with missing patches (originally, a closed surface where a patch was deleted due to error or, optionally in VariCAD). Other supported shape representations are set of patches and especially, open shells. The open shells may be often used in various libraries of mechanical parts.
- You can convert objects from one representation to another, with certain limitations. If necessary, you can also convert solids into open shells (for instance, if such type is demanded by other systems).
- Tools for working with such objects and for displaying information about them are accessible from pull-down menu or from optional toolbar. Also, you can right-click open solid and select tools from pop-up menu.
- New reparation tools:
- Reparation tools are accessible from pull-down menu, or from a new toolbar. Apart from already existing tools, there are possibilities to handle erroneous surfaces, if they were loaded from STEP.
- Completely rebuild working with construction lines in 2D:
- You can conveniently define directions, where new construction lines will be created, or optionally, drag construction lines by cursor at a defined step. These new features are especially useful, if you draw 2D objects in 3D space.
- Other minor improvements in 3D kernel:
- They affect filleting, shell creation, rounded corners or working with surfaces, created by lofting of one profile to another profile.
- A few changes in user interface:
- There is a new possibility to open pop-up menu within command (for instance, during solid transformation, selecting objects etc…) by simultaneous pressing left and right mouse button. Also, you can turn on/off some information messages. Run “cfg” command to configure these options.
What's new in VariCAD Viewer 2010 3.03:November 26th, 2010
- Minor improvements were made.
What's new in VariCAD Viewer 2010 2.08:June 23rd, 2010
- Minor feature improvements.
What's new in VariCAD Viewer 2010 2.06:March 25th, 2010
- geometric constraints among entire solids
- improvements in geometric constraints among solid elements
- advanced tools for working with Boolean trees
- significantly improved user interface
- improved DWG import
What's new in VariCAD Viewer 2009 2.05:March 15th, 2010
- The latest technical enhancements focus on further productivity gains. They include geometric constraints among entire solids, improvements in geometric constraints among solid elements, advanced tools for working with Boolean trees, improved DWG import, etc.
What's new in VariCAD Viewer 2009 1.03:April 6th, 2009
- support for parameters
- support for geometric constraints
- enhanced possibilities for insertion and transformation of solids
- new possibilities for editing shells
- improved work with true-type fonts in 2D
- improved STEP file compatibility
- improved DWG file compatibility and more
- and more
What's new in VariCAD Viewer 2008 3.01:September 3rd, 2008
- The new VariCAD 2008 3.0 uses Unicode, and supports fonts from another languages (e.g. Japanese, Chinese, Russian etc.) and special characters. This new version also brings improved DWG and DXF compatibility, more convenient system settings, improved BOM, and more. The updated 2008 3.01 version brings another minor improvements.