January 3rd, 2013
· Sorry for the delay, was planning on releasing Ultimate Edition 3.5 prior to Xmas. Seems some hacker decided to delete my acct on sourceforge. Problem resolved those guys are awesome. Just to bring you up to date, I have Ultimate Edition 3.6 in local testing based on Ubuntu 12.10 “Quantal Quetzal”. I am currently running Ultimate Edition 3.4 Lite based on Ubuntu 12.04 Percise Pangolin with a solo environment of Gnome 2 which is quick quite responsive.
June 6th, 2010What is Ultimate Edition 2.7? Ultimate Edition was built off Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04). Major difference being that is has been fully updated / upgraded and has the following environments, user selectable at the login screen:
· I am not going to do a huge write up on this O/S, I am sure it will be downloaded more then Ultimate Edition 2.6 was. I have said in the past, I am not a KDE man it looks too much like that "Other O/S" ;) I will return to Ultimate Edition 2.6. That does not mean our users are not interested in exploring / using these environments.
· I have included a Conky script I wrote that will generate as per each computer. The results of running the Conky script can be seen at the right. This script will be in your home folder when installed (your choice to run it or not). The script is commented if you wish to learn.
December 10th, 2009
· Ultimate Edition 2.5 was built off Ultimate Edition 2.4 (Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 based) all upgrades pre-installed as of current. It has KDE, XFCE, and Gnome user selectable at login, 3 new themes and tons of apps. This release is huge obviously bigger then UE 2.4 ;) I am not going to spend my time writing a webpage, but just a post. Even though it is a very worthy release and deserves a webpage. I have alot on my plate in programming and other activities & I do mean alot. It has been out about a week, forum users have been grabbing it left and right.
June 21st, 2009
· This release was built from Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope with all the goodies pre-added you have come to love in prior Ultimate Edition releases & all upgrades pre-installed for your convenience. This release has 2 kernels 2.6.28-13 & 2.6.28-11 selectable at boot time increasing your chances of success.
November 13th, 2008
· Ultimate Edition 2.0 is built based on Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex, it is loaded to the hilt with themes, wallpapers, icon sets, GDM login screens, and usplashes. If you have a 64-bit processor I highly recommend the 64-bit edition. This release has all the goodies you have come to love with previous editions pre-added and a few new ones. It has a newer kernel and all updated as of release date pre-installed for your convenience. Compiz Fusion works right off the live DVD without drivers.
September 27th, 2008
· Ultimate Edition 1.9 is built based off Ubuntu Hardy Heron (daily build), by hand. it is w/o a doubt gorgeous. I am releasing both a 32 bit & a 64 Bit edition. Ultimate Edition 1.9 unlike Ultimate Edition 1.8 is loaded to the hilt with themes, wallpapers, icon sets, gdm login screens, and Usplashes. If you have a 64 bit processor I highly recommend the 64 bit edition. I can not stress how important that it is to torrent this release. We do have mirrors in route to try and take the load off, please, please torrent after you get it.
· This release was built from scratch using Ubuntu Hardy Heron LTS with all the goodies pre-added, you have came to love with previous editions & a few new ones.
· This is a special release it includes KDE, XFCE, Enlightment, Gnome & the latest hardy based kernel (2.6.24-21). I included a few packages I have written; Ultamatix in case you want additional software and a Ultimate Edition Theme pack (roughly 500MB of themes, gdms, icons, wallpapers etc.). I highly suggest you take the time to register on our forum there is a wealth of information to be obtained there. I suppose I should also point out I have made an online F.A.Q. more elaborate then can be found through the websites. Updating pages takes way too much of my time writing in html / css after all I am 1 MAHN.