New in version 1.10.0-2
December 25th, 2013
- This version adds a fix for Debian package dependencies.
New in version 1.10.0 (December 23rd, 2013)
- This is mostly a bugfix release, but there are a few shiny new features as well.
- It has a search bar and download basket fixed at the top. User-defined settings have been added to preferences.
- An option has been added to run downloads across multiple servers.
New in version 1.9.0 (September 12th, 2013)
- There is quite a substantial changelog this time including a couple of usability improvements, style updates, bugfixes, and a few new features.
- Browse pages add more data when scrolling to the end of the page.
- The way previews are shown in the user interface has been updated. par2 (correcting incomplete downloads) now also works when the archive files have been renamed. Usenet server passwords are stored encrypted in the database.
- The preferences and configuration pages have been AJAXified.
- Preferences will now be automatically saved after editing.
New in version 1.8.0 (June 29th, 2013)
- Initial Usenet configuration was added to the installer.
- Inline images were enabled for spots to be shown.
- Spot statistics are now available per spot subcategory.
- Text files and images are displayed in a popup.
- yydecode was replaced with a native implementation.
New in version 1.7.0 (March 4th, 2013)
- There are a couple of bugfixes this time, albeit mostly minor issues but not in the least some bright new features and improvements.
- The default stylesheet is now "Light".
- There is a new, smaller download basket, whitelists for spots, and a large set filter.
New in version 1.6.1 (October 27th, 2012)
- This version fixes an annoying bug.
New in version 1.6.0 (October 17th, 2012)
- There are quite a few bugfixes this time, albeit mostly for minor issues.
- The main changes are showing the number of comments in the spots overview, support for PostgreSQL version 9, and scaling of images.
New in version 1.5.0 (September 4th, 2012)
- A large improvement to all stylesheets, improved file view pages, an option in the installer to choose the database engine for MySQL, and lots of minor improvements and bugfixes.
New in version 1.2.0 (December 22nd, 2011)
- URD can now also retrieve comments.
- The scripts for updating the database have been completely reworked.
- Many small tweaks were made in the user interface.
- The search options have been extended, and HTTPS is now used by default.
- For those upgrading, note that updating large databases may take some time.
New in version 1.1.0 (September 13th, 2011)
- Specific searches in newsgroups, RSS feeds, or spots can be saved and quickly retrieved.
- The use of spots has further been streamlined.
- There is a new stylesheet available (Silver), as well as an overhaul of the Desert style and many minor improvements to the layout.
- The statistics have been updated to show daily information as well.
- There is improved spam control by blocking on poster names.
New in version 1.0.9 (July 13th, 2011)
- The last version allowed the user to view spots but downloading was not yet (automatically) possible. This feature has now been added!
- The spot-categories have also been updated and can now be used as search criteria, and we now include Smarty 3.0 in the URD package.
New in version 1.0.8 (June 13th, 2011)
- Support for spots was added.
- A new layout is used.
- Lots of bugfixes and minor enhancements were made.
New in version 1.0.7 (February 8th, 2011)
- The old skin is now upgraded and is called the 'Classic' stylesheet,
- there's a blue 'Blues' version
- and a sandy 'Desert' one as well (still needs some work though).
New in version 1.0.6 (November 22nd, 2010)
- While there are no thrilling new features, we did add some minor ones:
- Set information can now be shared through a newsgroup also (not just the urdland.com server)
- More security for logins: auto-lockout and captcha support
- SQLite is now supported, performance is obviously suboptimal :)
- Categorising of newsgroups and rss feeds supported
- Automatic clean up of par2 and rar log files
- Also the look and feel of URD have been improved a great deal, most importantly:
- The browse pages have been improved and its speed improved
- The browse page popup menu is changed from image based to text based
- Transfers, Preferences and configuration are now tabbed
- Whole new look for statistics
- New background image ;)
- And of course a truckload of bugs have been eradicated:
- Installer now sets correct paths for some of the 3rd party tools
- Logfile not writeable will not stop URDD from starting anymore
- Posting rights are now actually checked
- Handling authentication erros to usenet servers is working correctly now
- Setting file rights is view files is working
New in version 1.0.5 (June 23rd, 2010)
- Important bugfixes:
- Importing/exporting settings is now more error resistant
- Parse NFO bug fixed
- Expiring incomplete sets is now working as it should
- Multiple simultaneous get/send extsetinfo's now works
- SFV checking is now functional
- Important enhancements:
- Deprecation warnings for PHP solved
- Speed of generating sets is increased significantly
- Database size decreased with 30/40% due to DB optimalisation
- Important new features:
- Support for 'Subdownloader' which can automatically find & download subtitles
- Unwanted characters can now be substituted per user preference
- Added 'passworded' field in extsetinfo that is automatically used for extraction
- Added 'copyrighted' field in extsetinfo to identify illegal file sharing
- Added option to nice external programs like rar and par2
- Added support to detect encrypted rar archives while downloading (and abort)
- Added support for posting text/binary messages to a newsgroup
New in version 1.0.4 (April 20th, 2010)
- Support for XZVER compressed headers (e.g. Astraweb)
- Improved ETA / speed calculations (still not awesome though)
- Support for downloading 'just' text messages
- Autodownload feature is improved, now a per user permission
- Bug fixed that could crash URDD with small downloads
- Support for the '-' (exclusion) feature in search fields
New in version 1.0.3 (February 7th, 2010)
- Saving and restoring settings to/from file
- Bug fixed with big message-ID's that caused never ending updates
- Improved speed of generating sets by first removing incomplete ones
- URDD startup progress indicator added (yellow light)
- Changed log format to match that of syslog
- More intuitive messages on pages when URDD is offline
- An increased connection timeout value should reduce connection problems
- Option to manually initiate a par2 repair / unrar on completed downloads
- Language selection is now possible on the login page
New in version 1.0.1 (October 6th, 2009)
- Many bugfixes.
- Semi-automatic entry of extended set info is much easier now (e.g. previewed NFO files are parsed and entered as extsetinfo, you can guess extsetinfo without the validation step, you can guess extsetinfo for every item in the download basket, and you can quickly select ranges of sets by shift-clicking in the browse page.
- There is support for RSS feeds with basic authentication.
- The Web interface has more AJAX, e.g. 'upload NZB' and some admin pages.
New in version 0.6.2 (June 27th, 2009)
- You can now search in the 'view files' pages
- Downloaded images are displayed 'inside the URD template'
- It is now possible to delete all sets
- ETA in status window and download page are synced
- Auto-download feature implemented, based on keywords
- Added salt to password hashes, improved security
- Fixed some XSS bugs (which required valid logins though)
- You can now specify the name of a download beforehand
- And also: we made an update script to upgrade old URD versions!
New in version 0.6.1 (May 19th, 2009)
- Generating sets is now a separate thread, freeing up server connections
- Preview functionality had a bug that would crash URDD, fixed
- Preparing downloads is now handled by URDD which makes browse.php faster
- Blacklist keywords are now possible, matching sets are hidden automatically
- Ditched MD5 for SHA-256 for password hashes, requires a re-login to be applied
- You can start downloads from .nzb files in viewfiles with a single click
- Preferences has an entry for the user level, affects the configuration page detail
- eBooks are added as a binarytype for extended set info
- Set info can now be regenerated per newsgroup in the newsgroup page
- There's a spool directory for nzb files, put em there to auto download
- Basic statistics page is added
- Login, register, lost password pages are prettified
- Status window is prettified, and can be 'minimized' (temporarily)
- Debug info is tweaked, password hash is removed
New in version 0.6.0 (January 18th, 2009)
- Postgresql is supported.
- Multiple servers are supported.
- Install scripts were added.
- The browse page interface was improved.
- Speed while generating sets was improved.
- Performance in Internet Explorer was improved.
- All icons were remade at the size of 16x16.
- Multi-user support was improved with per-user folders.
- A lot of bugs were fixed.
New in version 0.5.5 (August 28th, 2008)
- Many bugs have been fixed. Extended set info has been added.
- The ability to share set info with other users has been added.