New in version 13.0
November 11th, 2013
- Latest Debian Wheezy package versions of all components.
- PostgreSQL: Removed connections over local unix sockets trust (security).
New in version 11.1-lucid-x86 (January 25th, 2011)
- Set PostgreSQL password is on firstboot (convenience, security).
- Force PostgreSQL to use Unicode/UTF8.
- Added php-xcache PHP opcode cacher / optimizer (performance).
- Support CGI out of the box.
- Set postfix MTA myhostname to localhost (bugfix).
- Minor tweaks to TKL web control panel.
New in version 2009.10-hardy-x86 (October 25th, 2009)
- Added Turnkey web control panel (replaces welcome page). Also fixes displaying correct host when behind proxy (SERVER_ADDR -> HTTP_HOST).
- Added postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email from web applications (e.g., password recovery). Also added webmin-postfix module for convenience.
- di-live (installer) PostgreSQL component:
- Added support for complex passwords (LP#416515).
- Added CLI options (user/pass/query/chroot).
- Added postgresql-contrib (additional facilities for pgsql - convenience).
- Pinned phppgadmin to update directly from Debian (security).
- Bugfix: Added missing webmin-apache module.
- Added curl (generically useful in LAPP type appliances).
- Removed "AllowOverride None" directive from default site configuration.
- Regenerates all secrets during installation / firstboot (security).
New in version 2009.02-hardy-x86 (March 3rd, 2009)
- Includes phpPgAdmin, Perl, and Python support in addition to PHP.
- Rebuilt on top of TurnKey Core, the new common base for all software appliances, which is assembled from Ubuntu 8.04.2 LTS packages.
- A bugfix in the daily auto-updates mechanism.
- Significant usability and security enhancements: confconsole support for systems with multiple NICs, password-free login in demo mode, SSL support, database password setting during installation, no passwords in demo mode, many generically useful Webmin modules, and improved embedded documentation.
- There are many other changes.