New in version 1.6.0
January 26th, 2012
- Grenades are now colour-coded according to team
- Adjusted upgrade costs to balance game.
- New in-game chat interface.
- Added a "Game Over" game phase when you can hunt rabbits without bots getting in the way.
- New and updated achievements.
- Respawn gauge now shows countdown to game start.
- Rogue shots now look more like ye olde Trosnothe shottes.
- Server now has an XMPP bot that can notify people of running games.
- Replaced "Play Special" menu with "Server Settings".
- Added ability to change user password on authentication server.
- Added ability to select tournament mode if server supports it.
- Fixed bug where stars and grenades did not always appear in the correct place on all clients.
- Game no longer crashes on computers with no audio devices
- Various bug fixes.
New in version 1.5.1 (January 20th, 2011)
- New upgrades: machine gun, shoxwave, ninja. These replace the turret and phase shift upgrades.
- You can now tell what upgrades a player has by looking at them (e.g. players with machine gunner and shoxwave have a visibly different gun, player with minimap disruption wears a radar hat).
- New zone capture indicator on minimap: zones on minimap have coloured circle showing whether the zone can be captured or is in danger of capture.
- Players can now mark zones on the minimap to draw the attention of team-mates.
- Added practise mode (with bots) to menu.
- Authentication server lobby now adds bots players to the game up to a certain minimum number of total players.
- Authentication server now also runs a web server which displays player achievements.
- Initial work on "Trosnoth core", a web-based menu system for Trosnoth that integrates with the authentication server web site.
- When playing Trosnoth from the Trosnoth core, you now have the ability to add authentication servers other than the defaults.
- Console output is quieter: only errors are logged unless a debug flag is given.
- Some refactoring, including some efficiency gains.
New in version 1.4.1 (October 18th, 2010)
- Included achievement graphics in release package.
- Fixed spelling mistake in change log.
New in version 1.4.0 (October 17th, 2010)
- Updated graphics.
- Zone tags are no longer permitted after the game is over.
- Grenade explosions now kill everything in their blast, rather than firing shots in all directions.
- Grenade can now be launched in any direction, and they bounce.
- If a long time has passed since the last zone tag, stars start appearing which can be collected to increase your star count.
- Updated physics: you can no longer fall through the floor at certain buggy map locations.
- Updated physics: if you press and hold jump while in the air, you will jump the moment you touch ground.
- Simplified mechanism for purchasing upgrades: you now select an upgrade with number keys, and press space bar to buy and use it.
- When you first join the game, your ghost is now placed closer to where there is action.
- Added a lobby mode between games, where players can vote on the settings for the next game.
- When connecting to a server in lobby mode, you automatically join the game.
- Players can change their nickname from the menu, but only during lobby mode.
- Added Trosnoth authentication servers - users can create accounts so that their statistics and achievements can be recorded against the unique player.
- Added achievements.
- Added some sounds (disabled by default).
- Changed default team names to Standardators and Defaulticons (from Blue Team and Red Team).
- Removed internet game discovery protocol in favour of games registering themselves with a central server.
- Disabled pirate theme (until such a time as bugs in the way themes work can be fixed)
- Various miscellaneous bug fixes.
New in version 1.3.2 (August 30th, 2010)
- Fixed bug where if you joined a game mid-way through, you wouldn't get all the information about who owned what zone.
- Statistics now work even if you leave the game and rejoin.
- Connection error messages are now more informative.
- Fixed a bug regarding saving of streak statistics mid-game.
- Empty chat messages are no longer sent.
- Fixed bug where you didn't always lose your upgrade when you died.
- Increased speed of minimap disruption.
- Fixed very rare bug if two players on the same team bought minimap disruptions: this is no longer allowed.
- Fixed bug where if a team had a captain before you connected to the server, you could not see who the captain is.
New in version 1.3.1 (August 16th, 2010)
- Fixed replay saving, which did not work in 1.3.0.
- Fixed statistics saving, which did not work in 1.3.0.
- Fixed bug where players would sometimes jump when respawning.
- The total number of enemy stars is now shown on the leaderboard.
- Layout of keyboard settings page has been improved.
- Fixed bug where chat box would not vanish after sending message to team.
New in version 1.2.2 (July 23rd, 2010)
- Fixed mouse drift and removed right-click to lock crosshairs.
New in version 1.2.1 (July 3rd, 2010)
- Fixed a bug which caused the game to hang.
New in version 1.2.0 (June 30th, 2010)
- Settings menu can now be accessed from in the game.
- Themes have been added.
- Alt+Tab in full-screen mode minimises game (except on OSX).
- Physics change: players can walk along concave surfaces without leaving the ground.
- Right-clicking in full-screen mode locks the crosshairs.
- Display options for centring on player and to disable smooth panning.
- Click to respawn.
- Some UI changes.
- Various bug fixes.