New in version 1.0.0 / 1.1.0 Beta
March 1st, 2010
- Fonts got a facelift.
- Fps class now uses font name.
- Changed Destroyer class to drop a load of slowly moving mines. Number of mines increase with game difficulty.
- Changed scoring for missiles to put them more in line with mines: shooting yields low score to discourage commendation farming; on-screen when completing level gives 5X the PATROL score to encourage some commendation boosting strategies; death gives nothing.
- Made enemy laser fire a little less aggressive. With lasers, missiles, mines, and ramming craft there is a lot going on during the peaks.
- Added F12, RMB, LMB, and Visible Pointer to HUD.
- High scores now have commas.
- Changes for Pygame 1.8.1 compatibility:
- In enemy.py, powerups.py, ui.py, utils.py: replaced rect.copy() with pygame.Rect(rect).
- In gumm_sound.py: replaced mixer.pre_init(buffer=1024) with mixer.pre_init(0,0,0,1024).
- Narrowed song selection.
- Added ui.TextReader class for in-game Help and Credits.
- Fixed: Sky no longer layers planets behind galaxies.
- Fixed: utils.load_image(): using surface.copy() on a cached image no longer produces a copy with alpha=0. It now preserves the original alpha. (Bug in Surface.copy()?)
New in version 1.0.0 (February 7th, 2010)
- GUMMBUM high score: Wave 29, Commendations 357,467! Beat dat.
- Added missile attack to Kamikaze class enemies. A royal PITA after wave 10. I love em.
- Added aft laser cannon to compensate for missile pursuit.
- Reduced laser aggression on all enemy classes.
- Tweaked enemy fleets a tiny bit. Some are now harder, some easier.
- Now using pygame.mixer.music to play songs.
- Added more sky objects for scenic variety.
- Bug and cosmetic fixes, balance tweaks.
New in version 0.0.7 Beta (January 18th, 2010)
- GUMMBUM high score: Wave 19, Commendations 207,160! Beat dat.
- Two new enemies.
- Build extra ships from wreckage.
- Balanced difficulty for the long haul.
- Numerous bug fixes, enhancements, and effects.
- Music pack fixed. There was a problem with my Ogg Vorbis conversions that sometimes caused music to play chipmunk-fast.
New in version 0.0.6 (January 4th, 2010)
- Better "Loading..." screen.
- Load an enemy of each kind in Game.run to generate the hitmasks.
- Got rid of huge border when in windowed display.
- Reduced height requirement so game will fit on 1024x768 monitors.
- Tweaked factory: implemented per-type max_on_patrol instead of the shared max_on_patrol. Whilst in there, the patrol dispatcher was enhanced to turn out more interesting combinations.
- Tweaked the algorithm that increases max-on-patrol over time.
- For each game, every five waves the default for all enemy types increases by 1. Net effect: every five waves the wave starts out a bit harder.
- For each wave, about every 30 seconds a random enemy type's max will be increased by 1. This is cumulative for the wave only. It is reset to the game default when the next wave starts. Net effect: every 30 seconds the wave gets a bit harder.
- Fixed: Menu and marquis sounds were playing over music. They no longer play if a song is playing.
New in version 0.0.2 (December 30th, 2009)
- Mouse-driven, multi-directional player ship that shoots.
- Two enemy types. Favored flight patterns. They shoot.
- Player register.
- High scores.
- Dashboard for stats.