New in version 01.2013 KDE
January 1st, 2013
- Toorox 01.2013 "KDE" has been finished and you can download it as 32bit or 64bit
- image. This release bases on the latest Linux Kernel 3.7.1. All packages have been
- updated. KDE has been updated to the latest version 4.9.4. Also containing:
- Xorg-Server 1.13.0, LibreOffice 18.104.22.168, Chromium 24.0.1312.45, VLC 2.0.5,
- Wine 1.5.20, Gimp 2.8.2 ...
- With this release, Toorox make use of UUID's instead of simple devicenames in the
- fstab file. So a ramdisk (initramfs) is now necessary after the installation for booting
- the system from hard disk. The HD-Installer has been enhanced as to that.
New in version 03.2012 KDE (March 17th, 2012)
- Kernel 3.2.2-gentoo
- KDE 4.8.1
- Xorg-Server 1.11.4
- LibreOffice 22.214.171.124
- VLC 2.0
- IceCat 10.0.1
- K3b 2.0.2
- Gimp 2.6.12
- Wine 1.4
- Amarok 2.5.0
- Audacious 3.2.0
- Ardour 2.8.12
- Kino 1.3.4
- Cinelerra 20111223
New in version 01.2012 GNOME (January 20th, 2012)
- Linux 3.1.6-gentoo
- GNOME 3.2.1
- Xorg-Server 1.11.3
- Added some gnome-shell-extensions
- Replaced IceCat with Firefox
- Update of all packages
New in version 07.2011 KDE (July 4th, 2011)
- A new version of the "KDE" Edition has been finished. This contains all improvements of the recent "GNOME" Edition. The Kernel is Linux 2.6.39-gentoo-r1. KDE has been updated to the recent version 4.6.4. Also the latest version of IceCat 5.0 has been built-in. Nearly all packages has been updated - GCC 4.5.2, XorgServer 1.10.2, VLC 1.1.10, LibreOffice 3.4.0, Audacious 2.5.3.
New in version 07.2011 GNOME (July 3rd, 2011)
- This contains all improvements of the recent "GNOME" Edition. The Kernel is Linux 2.6.39-gentoo-r1. KDE has been updated to the recent version 4.6.4. Also the latest version of IceCat 5.0 has been built-in. Nearly all packages has been updated - GCC 4.5.2, XorgServer 1.10.2, VLC 1.1.10, LibreOffice 3.4.0, Audacious 2.5.3.
New in version 06.2011 GNOME (June 10th, 2011)
- Kernel 2.6.39-gentoo
- GNOME 3.0.2
- Xorg-Server 1.10.2
- LibreOffice 3.4.0
- IceCat 4.0.1
- Thunderbird 3.1.10
- Brasero 3.0.0
- Gimp 2.6.11
- Wine 1.3.21
- Exaile 0.3.2.1
- Audacious 2.5.1
- Ardour 2.8.11
- Kino 1.3.3
- Cinelerra 20101104
New in version 01.2011 (February 9th, 2011)
- Kernel 2.6.37-gentoo
- GNOME 2.32.1
- Xorg-Server 1.9.2
- Toorox Installer improvements
- Added Grub2 (1.98) as default boot loader
- Removed gxine
- Update of many packages
New in version 01.2010 (January 6th, 2010)
- With the beginning of this new year it's time for a new release.
- Many people asked me whether there is a 64-Bit version, too?
- Now i can say: Yes, it is!
- With the release of Toorox 01.2010 you can get a 64-Bit version, too.
- It contains the 2.6.32-gentoo kernel and the KDE was updated to the recent version 4.3.4.
- The Toorox Installer is now able to exclude your /home/... folder to another partition and you can install the bootloader into a single partition or floppy disk.
- There's a new entry in the Systemconfig: Mobile Broadband. It starts the application umtsmon. There you can configure your mobile UMTS connection and bring it up.
- All packages for a pptp-vpn connection were included and you can configure it via Networkmanager and the nm-applet.
- KFTPgrabber was exchanged with gftp and there's a new audio-mixer installed: mixxx. You will find it in the ?-Starter - "Party-DJ".
New in version 06.2009 (June 28th, 2009)
- As always - the KDE was updated to the latest version
- 4.2.4. The recent CVS-snapshot of the plasmoid lancelot_part was included, because QT
- was updated to 4.5.1 and the old version of the plasmoid has some trouble with it (empty box).
- The USB-Stick creator script was optimised. Now there are 3 options for you:
- Static, Personal and Encrypted. For the last 2 options your home folder will be stored
- and with the third option even password-encrypted when you shutdown the system.
- Now 2 partitions will be created - ext2 for Toorox and fat32 for regular data storage on
- your pendrive.
- Some users had problems (Kernel Panic) after an installation and booting from an external
- USB-HDD. This came up, because the kernel needs some seconds for its initialisation.
- This was fixed in the installer.