New in version 1.20
March 21st, 2015
- Added Slovak translation
- Updated French and German translations
- Added makefile for Mac OS
New in version 1.14 (January 3rd, 2014)
- Minor graphical improvements to the Sewer and Basement maps, a chain graphic around Chaos's neck, and a fix for a grammar problem when Edgar speaks after the cauldron explodes.
- Dutch, Persian, and Romanian translations were added and the German translation was updated.
New in version 1.13 (October 28th, 2013)
- Updates to the German and Brazilian Portuguese translations.
New in version 1.12 (August 24th, 2013)
- A sound effect was added for the lifts.
- All music is now in Ogg format.
- A problem with the moveable lift in the library was fixed.
- The time remaining when Edgar is a Slime now appears above Edgar.
- A minor problem with the dialogue when Edgar is talking to Evil Edgar was fixed.
- Grimlore's fists now take damage from projectiles.
New in version 1.10 (July 25th, 2013)
- This version replaces music and sound effects with properly licensed ones.
- Save files should no longer become corrupted if a crash occurs during saving.
New in version 1.09 (June 18th, 2013)
- This version adds updates to the French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Ukrainian translations.
New in version 1.08 (April 4th, 2013)
- This version updates French, German, Japanese, Russian, and Ukrainian translations. The game menus now prioritize arrow keys for navigation.
- The Yes/No popup questions in the game are now translated.
New in version 1.07 (March 2nd, 2013)
- Fixed a problem with the lightning sword sliding puzzle
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese, French and Japanese translations
New in version 1.06.2 (February 7th, 2013)
- This version fixes a problem with some of the mirrors in the armory not reflecting light.
New in version 1.06 (January 26th, 2013)
- This version updates the Czech, German, Spanish, French, Russian, and Ukrainian translations and fixes a problem with the light beams in the Armoury.
- The Salamander no longer sometimes gets stuck after performing its ground charge.
- Bombs no longer respawn if dropped in water, slime, etc.
New in version 1.05 (December 3rd, 2012)
- This version updates the Italian, Russian, and Ukrainian translations, adds a call switch to a lift in the Sewer, adds a reset switch for the crate behind the bombable wall in the Basement, color-codes spiders based on their energy, and adds minor bugfixes.
New in version 1.03 (August 6th, 2012)
- Updated French, German, Greek, Italian, Spanish and Russian translations
- Added Malaysian and Portuguese translations
- Completing the bell puzzle in the Crypt without the music sheet activate no longer causes a crash
- Fixed a crash after collecting the Disintegration Shield
New in version 1.01 (May 3rd, 2012)
- Updated translations.
- Fixes a problem where the player could get stuck in the Fortress Mine.
- Bats and Books no longer get stuck after attacking you.
- Prevents certain items from being used when Edgar is a Slime.
- Resetting a mirror while it is reflecting light no longer leaves it unusable.
- Fixes a random crash when the Green Scanners spot you in the Armory.
- Chaos's tendrils now release Edgar when he dies.
- Fixes a problem where Evil Edgar could get blocked by a spring during his first cutscene.
- The Awesome Foursome no longer freeze if one of them is killed during their super attacks.
New in version 0.99 (April 5th, 2012)
- The game is now 100% completable.
- The final boss has been added.
- Windows should now render UTF-8 strings correctly (such as Russian).
- The Watchdog no longer occasionally freezes after charging at Edgar.
- The secret wall in the Crypt can now be destroyed.
- The Lightning Sword charges are no longer reset to 10 when an enemy steals it.
- The Black Book now turns into the Gargoyle rather than the Golem.
- A potential crash when changing maps from the Outskirts to the Fortress has been fixed.
- A problem where you sometimes could not jump on ice cubes or floating snappers has been fixed.
New in version 0.98 (March 3rd, 2012)
- Added French, Czech, Simplified Chinese and Russian translations
- Updated the Fortress Outskirts map
- Made the data and save files architecture independent (so a 32bit x86 save will work on a 64bit PPC machine etc.)
- Fixed a problem with objects falling through pressure plates
- Fixed the trapdoor puzzle in the Laboratory
- Fixed a crash when entering the Sewer after returning from the Wasteland
- Made the Ant Lion in the Forbidden Swamp harder to simply walk past
- Fixed a problem with Red Grubs getting stuck in some walls after bouncing off them
- Hitting the small trees no longer plays multiple sound effects
- Attacking the Black Book's version of the Golem after it has been defeated no longer causes a crash
- The Black Book's version of the Queen Wasp now does damage when it head butts you
- Fixed a small problem with Edgar sometimes being able to walk in the water in the Right Tower
- The Watchdog's saw blade attack is no longer blockable
- Various other minor fixes
New in version 0.97 (February 7th, 2012)
- Added the next part of the optional quest
- Changed a puzzle in the Laboratory map
- Made a change to the Fortress Mine map
- Added a new medal: "Completed the game without continuing"
- Added another cheat that prevents instant death in lava
- Fixed memory leaks in the menus
- Corrected some speling problems
New in version 0.96 (January 12th, 2012)
- This version fixes a problem with some level exits not activating, so now the Crypt is accessible.
- User home directory lookup is now more reliable on Linux.
New in version 0.95 (January 4th, 2012)
- The Crypt is now accessible
- Added a basic title screen
- Fixed more crashes on Windows
- Removed dependency on SDL_Net
- Made one the light pillars in the Catacombs stay active longer
- Raising and lowering the music volume now works correctly
- Fixed a possible hang during the end credits
- Bombs grabbed by the Borer no longer play their sound effect endlessly
- Dud Gazer Eyes no longer float in the air when thrown
- Renamed Continue to Restart Checkpoint
- The Restart Checkpoint option is now disabled after defeating the Watchdog
- Added a new medal: "Completed the game with only 5 hit points"
New in version 0.94 (November 28th, 2011)
- Ice cubes now longer move too quickly when thrown.
- Jacob no longer drops infinite swords when you talk to him.
- The rift summoned by Mataeus no longer plays its sound effect endlessly.
- This release fixes a problem with The Sewer Dweller's attacks becoming unblockable.
- Ice cubes now vanish after a few seconds.
- Dark Summoners no longer get stuck after casting lightning.
New in version 0.93 (November 7th, 2011)
- This version fixes a problem with the scrap of paper when loading a saved game, fixes a problem with some of the scripted events, and adds another Action Point to the Library map.
New in version 0.92 (July 17th, 2011)
- Fixed a crash when loading a save game
- Fixed a problem with the book in the Occult section of the Library
- Added support for offline medals
New in version 0.90 (June 30th, 2011)
- The Windows version no longer crashes when trying to load Gettext files
- Added the final part of the story, the main quest is now completable
- Made the Watchdog easier to defeat
New in version 0.86 (June 16th, 2011)
- Fixed the Salamander only performing one attack in its ice form
- Finally fixed the map resetting bug
- The Armour Changers can now be hurt by the lightning sword
- Fixed a crash when destroying Grimlore's armour
- Fixed a crash in the control menu when configuring a joystick control
- Added a large number of sound effects
- Apples can now be used without having to reload a game
New in version 0.82 (May 2nd, 2011)
- Fixed a crash when defeating Grimlore
- Reduced the amount of memory required by the Sewer map
- Fixed a problem with the safe in the Library (it's not ready yet)
- Fixed a crash when creating the Disintegration Shield
New in version 0.80 (March 27th, 2011)
- The next part of the story was added.
- A problem with the robot on the third floor of the Library was fixed.
- A reset switch was added to the start of the Sewer.
- A slight problem with some of the conveyor belts in the Dungeon was fixed.
- Green Centipedes can be walked on again after loading a game.
- The game should work on 16-bit resolutions.
New in version 0.77 (February 14th, 2011)
- Green Centipedes can be walked on again after loading a game
- Fixed a bug with Evil Edgar's sword attack
- Fighting Mataeus before reading the enchanting weapons book no longer breaks the game
New in version 0.76 (January 28th, 2011)
- A crash when killing a centurion was fixed.
- The makefile version number was corrected.
- The fish in the Left Tower no longer become stuck if the player falls in the water.
- A bug when the player becomes frozen in ice was fixed.
- A bug where the player could not turn into a Slime if standing on the ground was fixed.
- A Spanish translation was added.
New in version 0.75 (January 24th, 2011)
- This version adds the next part of the story.
- The Left Tower and Graveyard maps are now accessible.
- The bug allowing the player to collect an infinite number of lightning sword charges has been fixed.
- An animation error with the Dragon Flies has been fixed.
- A bug with the thunder cloud created by the yellow book in the Library has been fixed.
- Loading a game whilst being eaten no longer results in Edgar being unable to move.
- Loading a game whilst the huge spider is stunned no longer freezes it.
New in version 0.73 (November 18th, 2010)
- Added the next part of the story
- The number of arrows / Lightning Sword charges is now displayed under the item box
- Damage points now appear when an entity is hit
New in version 0.72 (October 5th, 2010)
- The next part of the story has been added.
- The default key for the Action command has been fixed.
- The continue option is now disabled after defeating the Phoenix.
- A problem with collectable items not vanishing if they can't be picked up has been fixed.
New in version 0.71 (September 29th, 2010)
- Logs can now be reset correctly
- The Icicles now break when landing on objects
- It is now possible to find all your items in the Wasteland
New in version 0.70 (September 13th, 2010)
- Added the next part of the story
- Fixed a scrolling error after defeating the Sewer boss
- Loading a game correctly sets the Bow
- Made Mataeus completely optional
- Fixed a bug with the Sewer boss
- You can now choose the audio quality which should prevent audio underrun messages
New in version 0.67 (August 16th, 2010)
- This version fixes the Armadillo Spike Ball duplication bug.
- It fixes a problem with the Dice blocks in the laboratory.
- The Sewer Restricted Zone Key has been added.
- The ability to disable the joystick via the command line has been added; see the manual for details.
New in version 0.66 (August 7th, 2010)
- Starting the game with no sound and then enabling it no longer causes an error
- The ice balls thrown by the Ice Tortoises no longer crash the game if they fall out of the map
- Attempting to squash a little splitter when it's growing bigger no longer causes an error
- Made the Dungeon easier
- Fixed a problem with the antigravity fields
- Added incremental backups of save files to protect against corruption
New in version 0.52 (March 12th, 2010)
- Fixed a bug with the Basement Boss
New in version 0.51 (March 8th, 2010)
- Added the missing Basement boss
- Fixed the broken translations in the Windows build
- The repellent clouds can no longer be picked up when you reload a game
- Fixed the crash in the Library when reading the book
- The game no longer segfaults if it is installed incorrectly
New in version 0.50 (February 24th, 2010)
- Added the 2nd Mine map, you can get to it via the Basement
- Added a large number of translations from Google
- Added support for Medals, you will need to register with Parallel Realities to use this feature
- Changed the Ant Lion puzzle
New in version 0.46 (February 1st, 2010)
- Fixed / removed broken lift switches in the Village and Mines
- Fixed a crash in the Mines
- Fixed the robot on the 3rd floor of the Library
- Fixed a potential crash when the whirlwinds steal your weapons
- The Fire Shield objective cannot be accepted multiple times
- Weapons can no longer be permanently lost in the water
- Fixed the Fly Boss's death sequence
- Saved games now store the currently selected inventory item
New in version 0.45 (January 4th, 2010)
- Added the rest of the Library map
- Health dropping now works correctly when the bow is equipped
- Music and sound effects are halted when the game is paused
- Items in a grabber should now stay put better
- Energy Drainers now drop between 1 and 3 arrows when they die
- The Blob Boss should no longer get stuck when reforming
- Added switches that reset puzzle blocks, play the tutorial to see how they work
- Boss music actually plays now!
- Increased the inventory size
New in version 0.41 (December 30th, 2009)
- Fixed the Golem Boss (again)
- Fixed a broken Action Point in the Fortress
- Sequence blocks can no longer be grabbed and moved around
New in version 0.40 (November 23rd, 2009)
- Updated the Basement Map
- Sprite flipping is cached rather than being done on the fly
- Added missing lift call switches
- Fixed the arrows falling through the lift after the first Maggot encounter
- The game now reports any catchable errors (segfaults still need to be caught with gdb)
- Added the Library Map
- The Golem Boss should no longer get stuck when reforming
- Removed redundant translation strings
- Items such as Bombs can no longer be thrown while in the inventory screen
- The wooden doors now look slightly more like wooden doors
New in version 0.33 (October 7th, 2009)
- The game now works correctly for locales using comma as their decimal separator
- Fixed behaviour of lifts when loading games
- Polish characters should now be displayed correctly in the translation
New in version 0.32 (October 5th, 2009)
- Errors in the translation handling were corrected.
- The inventory screen now shows the current Objectives and their completion status.
- The behavior of flying creatures hitting slopes was fixed.
- The countdown timer no longer flickers when trying to display other messages.
- Weapons no longer fall through lifts.
- A Polish translation was added.
- A problem was fixed with Map Triggers accumulating, which would eventually lead to a crash when changing maps.
- Starting a new game during a Gazer's flash no longer leaves the screen white.
- Blob Boss's punch can no longer get stuck in the scenery.
New in version 0.31 (September 25th, 2009)
- Gravity now affects Edgar again when updating from an older version
- Added most translation strings
New in version 0.30 (September 23rd, 2009)
- Fixed the scorpion's movement after its attack is blocked
- Lifts no longer change direction when using your weapon in a tight passage
- Added the Fortress Map
- Added the Laboratory Map
- Added proper joypad support
- Fixed scrolling speed when standing on a lift
New in version 0.26 (September 4th, 2009)
- Fixed a crash when fighting the Swamp Boss
- The Swamp Boss can no longer get stuck
New in version 0.20 (July 22nd, 2009)
- The game should now work on 64 bit CPUs
- Added the Forbidden Swamp boss
- Added basic inventory system so the player can see items and their quantities
- The Forest map now has proper scroll limits
- Water animates
- Raft interaction point only takes away the logs when the objective has been completed
- Added the Sewer and Fortress Outskirts maps
- Made Edgar move 25% faster
- Persistance file is now deleted when starting a new game
- Fixed a problem with some Entities moving into a non existant collision grid
- The game attempts to patch your saved game but YMMV
New in version 0.11 (June 22nd, 2009)
- This release fixes a number of issues, most notably the game crashing on Ubuntu Jaunty. In addition multiple save slots are now available, Edgar can move while attacking in the air and there is now notification when a quest item is collected.