October 4th, 2010Preparations for thread safety:
· Changed TessBaseAPI methods to be non-static
· Created a class hierarchy for the directories to hold instance data, and began moving code into the classes.
· Moved thresholding code to a separate class.
· Added major new page layout analysis module.
· Added HOCR output.
· Added Leptonica as main image I/O and handling. Currently optional, but in future releases linking with Leptonica will be mandatory.
· Ambiguity table rewritten to allow definite replacements in place of fix_quotes.
· Added TessdataManager to combine data files into a single file.
· Some dead code deleted.
· VC++6 no longer supported. It can't cope with the use of templates.
· Many more languages added.
· Doxygenation of most of the function header comments.