New in version 3.0
October 4th, 2010
- Preparations for thread safety:
- Changed TessBaseAPI methods to be non-static
- Created a class hierarchy for the directories to hold instance data, and began moving code into the classes.
- Moved thresholding code to a separate class.
- Added major new page layout analysis module.
- Added HOCR output.
- Added Leptonica as main image I/O and handling. Currently optional, but in future releases linking with Leptonica will be mandatory.
- Ambiguity table rewritten to allow definite replacements in place of fix_quotes.
- Added TessdataManager to combine data files into a single file.
- Some dead code deleted.
- VC++6 no longer supported. It can't cope with the use of templates.
- Many more languages added.
- Doxygenation of most of the function header comments.