New in version 40.0.0
February 22nd, 2015
- Text table processing functions, Eclipse color themes support, new icons set, new source configuration options (proper Clang support), etc.
New in version 39.1.0 (December 18th, 2014)
- The build-in file manager now can sort its content by file name, size or modification time. OS/2 source compatibility issues has been fixed (I hope).
New in version 39.0.0 (November 16th, 2014)
- Single application mode
- New TEA icons
- Search - From cursor (option, ON by default)
- Tune - Common - Use Alt key to access main menu (option, default is OFF)
- Misc. fixes
New in version 38.0.0 (October 15th, 2014)
- QML plugins support and other cool things.
New in version 37.2.0 (March 27th, 2014)
- This version has some UI fixes and documentation improvements. Also, programs from Run menu can be opened with "file at cursor". Use %i macro. For example: gimp %i. Set cursor to filename at the text, then use Run - gimp.
- Meet the Functions - Statistics - Words lengths. Good to see how are long your words and their quantity.
New in version 37.1.0 (February 1st, 2014)
- This release adds the "Files" toolbar button and menu (Nav - Files) to switch between opened files.
- The built-in ZIP unpacker now can unpack multiply selected zip-files at once.
New in version 37.0.1 (December 7th, 2013)
- Fixes of LaTeX support and hotkeys.
New in version 37.0.0 (October 10th, 2013)
- This release features many LaTeX support improvements, new quotes conversion functions, new image viewer, TTF font browser, brightness palette control and many more.
New in version 36.0.3 (September 5th, 2013)
- "Strip HTML tags" funtion has been fixed - now it does not remove the first line of the text. LaTeX highlighting is fixed too.
New in version 36.0.2 (July 11th, 2013)
New in version 36.0.0 (June 6th, 2013)
- This version features more Qt5 compatibility, a new syntax highlighting engine, and clang support.
- There's no longer a Windows build for TEA 36 due to some weird issues which will be fixed later.
New in version 33.5.0 (December 27th, 2012)
- Qt5 source compatibility works correctly now.
- Qt 4.x still works as usual; the Qt version is detected automatically during the qmake step.
New in version 33.4.1 (December 21st, 2012)
- This version fixes a crash and another bug related to the Keyboard settings page.
- An HTML5 template in Functions has been added.
New in version 33.4.0 (December 12th, 2012)
- This version features a basic "fuzzy search" mode, the simple R programming language syntax highlighting, and some minor fixes.
- The behavior of "File - Save timestamped version" has been changed; now the formula of the file name of the copy is different (was: date + time + filename + ext; now: filename + date + time + ext).
New in version 33.3.0 (August 29th, 2012)
- This version fixes the image converter code and features the "--p" commandline option key for "portable" mode, which makes it simpler to run TEA from the flash drive on any machine.
- See the manual for the details.
- With portable mode, TEA can save its data (configuration, crapbook, snippets, etc.) in the directory with TEA executable.
New in version 33.1.0 (May 28th, 2012)
- This version adds Wikitext highlighting and quick editing support.
New in version 33.0.0 (April 28th, 2012)
- There are no new features (just some fixes), but the TEA source is now compatible with Qt5 alpha.
New in version 32.0.2 (April 23rd, 2012)
- Some fixes and inner optimization. TEA starts a bit faster.
New in version 31.2.0 (January 1st, 2012)
- The "Replace all" and "Replace with tables" functions can now handle selected files when you are in file manager mode. (Please read the manual for details.) The Open Document Text format (ODT) reader now works more correctly with non-trivial markup.
New in version 30.1.0 (August 8th, 2011)
- Fm - Unpack ZIP to current directory. Yes, TEA gained the ability to unpack ZIP-files. Also you can choose the file names charset of the archive, and preview archive content without the actual unpacking.
- Many inner cleanups and fixes. XML/HTML highlighting of entities fixed. C++ and C built-in templates were added. OS/2 compatibility has been improved. Etc, etc.
New in version 30.0.0 (June 28th, 2011)
- This version features in-text labels (markers), user font loading support, fixes, and improvements.
New in version 28.1.4 (December 27th, 2010)
- Bugs were fixed in the file manager.
- The GUI is now more OS/2-friendly.
New in version 28.1.2 (September 22nd, 2010)
- Some bugs were fixed.
- OpenBSD source compatibility has been gained.
New in version 28.1.0 (July 11th, 2010)
- This release features the French UI translation made by Gholafox. Also, as usual, some fixes and improvements - for example, on drag'n'drop files to TEA the charset from the file manager's charset list is used.
New in version 26.0.0 (October 1st, 2009)
- This release features syntax highlighting for Lua, Perl, and Vala, Hunspell support, and many new functions and fixes.
New in version 24.0.0 (June 2nd, 2009)
- This release has a few of new features. The Regexp mode has been added for searching and replacing stuff. The "Binary to decimal" function has been added. Other changes are - more UI tweaks for the smalls-screen devices, UI redesign at the Tune page, many fixes and small improvements - for example, all dynamic menus (such as Snippets or Scripts) can be teared off.
New in version 23.7.0 (May 27th, 2009)
- The tables are came back. Now you can use the key-value tables to do a multiple-replacement within a document. And another feature will be useful for EEE PC and other note/netbooks users with small screens - now there is no limits to resize the main window.
New in version 23.6.0 (May 25th, 2009)
- Templates, snippets, etc on Win32-port are FIXED. Thanks to Tovarish U for the bug report. Two functions were added to Functions - Math: Decimal to binary, Flip bits (bitwise complement).
New in version 23.5.0 (May 21st, 2009)
- Meet the "Markup - HTML tools - Strip HTML tags" function. Other news are - the built-in file manager now supports the drag and drop to the external world (to other programs), and built-in image can scale by using "+" and "-" keys.
New in version 23.4.0 (April 18th, 2009)
- PHP and Lout syntax highlighting were added. Lout markup mode is available from the Markup - Mode submenu. The Famius Input Field can do a search at the Tune/Keyboard/Shortcuts list. From the new "View - Highlighting mode" menu you can select the highlighting mode manually. Some other improvements and fixes.
New in version 23.3.0 (March 24th, 2009)
- The D language syntax highlighting has been added.
- "Fm - File information - Full info" can read WAV file properties and calculate the RMS (RMS is calculated for 16 bit PCM files only).
- The Enter key now works at the file name entry of the file manager.
- If user used Open file, Enter key acts to open file, if the "Save as" is used, Enter acts like fileman's "Save as" button.
New in version 23.2.0 (March 7th, 2009)
- This release fixes many bugs, FB2 documents read-only support and the "Sort case insensitively" function.
New in version 23.1.1 (March 4th, 2009)
- The Verilog highlighting has been added.
- Indent/unindent were fixed.
- Some focusing fixes for the file manager.
- A useful option appears - meet Tune - Rare - Use wrap setting from highlighting module! When it turned on, the word wrapping settings will be taken from the syntax highlighting module. So, for the plain text or HTML the word wrapping will be off, but for the C++ or Pascal is on.
New in version 23.1.0 (March 1st, 2009)
- This release brings to you the new built-in image viewer and indent/un-indent functions (including the automatic indent).
- Some important things were fixed.
- A new options page has been featured: the "Rare".
New in version 23.0.0 (February 10th, 2009)
- ODT, DOCX, RTF, SLA, KWD, ABW, SXW, and gzipped file read-only support.
- BASIC and LaTeX syntax highlighting.
- Batch image conversion and scaling (look into Fman - Image conversion).
- ZIP archive creation (the Fm - ZIP submenu).
- Many inner changes and fixes.
New in version 22.3.0 (January 21st, 2009)
- This release features C# and Fortran syntax highlighting.
- A new function has been added - look at Functions - Text - Remove trailing spaces.
New in version 22.2.1 (January 19th, 2009)
New in version 22.2.0 (January 18th, 2009)
- Almost all user menus such as Snippets, Scripts, Templates, and Session now can hold subdirectories. This means that TEA has the ability to show the subfolders as submenus. The search options are now saved.
- The image viewer hides itself when the file manager loses focus.
- The Famous input field has autocompletion.
New in version 22.1.0 (January 11th, 2009)
- This version has A LOT of inner changes and optimizations.
- Some new functions are also available: - "Functions - Analyze - Count the substring" and "Functions - Analyze - Count the substring (regexp)".
New in version 22.0.0 (January 2nd, 2009)
- And another major release! First of all I'll make an important note. Go to the "Tune - Keyboard" and manually remove the "Ctrl-F" assignment for the "Search" menu item. Otherwise there will be an obscure situation when this assignment occurs twice. Currently, "Ctrl-F" is assigned to "Focus the Famous entry field" by default. If you a new TEA user, just don't care about it. Let's speak about other things in TEA 22. The "Famous text entry" has been renamed to the "Famous Entry Field" (or FEF). So the "fte" object in scripts is renamed too. The built-in file manager has a relatively new look and feel. Use the Backspace to navigate a directory upper. The image preview are is removed. The new image viewer is available as a separated tool windows. Syntax highlighting engine has been fixed and improved. New highlighting modules are included: Seed7, NSIS. C/C++ and Pascal syntax highlighting is improved. The UNITAZ text analyzer now can be called by two different functions: "UNITAZ quantity sorting" and " UNITAZ sorting alphabet". There also a lot of fixes and inner changes.
New in version 21.1.3 (December 23rd, 2008)
- some UNITAZ fixes and improvements
New in version 21.1.2 (December 20th, 2008)
- C/C++ highlighting has been fixed. The UNITAZ text analyzer has returned at the Functions - Analyze menu.
New in version 21.1.1 (December 17th, 2008)
- The syntax highlighting engine and Pascal highlighting rules have been fixed.
- The Russian translation was updated.
New in version 21.1.0 (December 16th, 2008)
- This release has a LOT of bugfixes and inner changes.
- There are no any new features. More of that, some things have been removed: the single instance mode and the "norwegian wood" UI style.
New in version 21.0.5 (December 10th, 2008)
- File - File actions - Reload //i.e. revert to saved
- File - File actions - Reload with encoding //use double click to reload current document with the selected charset
New in version 21.0.4 (December 8th, 2008)
- The Pascal hl is fixed.
- Some other fixes was done.
New in version 21.0.3 (November 30th, 2008)
- The spellchecker was fixed.
- An indicator for the spellchecker was added to make the progress visible on large documents.
New in version 21.0.2 (November 27th, 2008)
- Ubuntu-related building error was fixed, some code was improved to speed-up TEA.
New in version 21.0.1 (November 26th, 2008)
- Some bugs were fixed! Ctrl-F is now assigned to focus the Famous text entry.
New in version 21.0.0 (November 19th, 2008)
- This release has many new features such as a new file manager, new text editor engine, QT Script support and more. Please note that the Famous text entry is now used as the search entry for the Manual too.
- The text engine was changed from QTextEdit to QPlainTextEdit.
- It allows TEA to open large files quickly.
- New file manager now looks and feels more like a traditional mc-like file manager, i.e. with a simple files list instead of the files tree.
New in version 20.0.0 (October 12th, 2008)
- A new syntax highlighting engine, color palettes, an advanced documentation browser, and many more features were added.
New in version 19.1.0 (September 1st, 2008)
- Some features of good old TEA are coming back.
- Meet the Enumerate function and the sessions support. Please read the manual to learn how to save new sessions.
- Some other new stuff is listed at ChangeLog.