May 1st, 2013
· supports Java 7 (and Java 6)
· has a considerably improved discrete verification engine verifydtapn 2.0 which includes semi-symbolic optimization called timed-darts and memory optimization option PTrie
· has a brand new simulator that shows the currently enabled transitions (red ones) and future-enabled transitions (blue ones),
· supports native file open/save dialogs,
· contains numerous GUI improvements (constant highlight, deadlock information in trace simulation), and
· fixes a number of bugs.
October 23rd, 2012
· new TAPAAL engine called verifydtapn for discrete verification of closed nets
· updated TAPAAL engine verifytapn
· transition statistics that shows how many times transitions were enabled during the search
· support for weighted arcs in the editor, simulator and the new engine
· fully adjustable workspace that can be saved in preferences
· new shortcuts, namely the arrows that can be used both in editor and simulator (e.g. in editor arrows left/right can increase/decrease constant values when highlighted and ctrl-M runs the verification of the currently selected query)
· number of other GUI improvements and bug-fixes.
October 19th, 2012
· TAPAAL 2.1.3 is a maintenance release fixing some minor problems in the editor when multiple objects were selected and when deleting places.
· It also fixes a problem in a simulator where arrows used in the delay field affected also the current position in the trace.
October 2nd, 2012
· TAPAAL 2.1.2 is a maintenance release fixing a few smaller bugs in the GUI as well as the interpretation of the verification answers for EG and AF queries. A recommended update for all TAPAAL users.
July 24th, 2012
· improving the speed of loading large models and moving/sorting in the component list,
· introducing a new update notification dialog,
· fixing a rare memory leak in the TAPAAL engine verifytapn,
· possibility to change the values of constants using the arrows left/right,
· user preferences are now relative to the version of TAPAAL,
· tool tips can be disabled,
· query dialog allows to create any query and suggests automatically the most suitable verification engine, and
· it is now possible to move in the error trace using the arrows up/down while the arrows left/right change the currently displayed component.
March 19th, 2012
· A new version of TAPAAL engine that allows to use discrete inclusion technique even for queries that are now upward closed.
· Numerous GUI improvements including a fully resizable panels, possibility for different workspace configurations for showing/hiding the interval [0,inf), and more.
· During the verification process there is now displayed a timer.
· Simulator now displays a clickable list of enabled transitions in all active components.
· New engine selection dialog provides an overview of the configured engines and the settings are remembered in preferences.
· Improved batch processing dialog with a better layout and the possibility to individually select verification engines.
· Sorting of components shared places/transitions, queries and constants in the editor panels.
· Improved query dialog with simplified/advanced view.
· New net statistics tool.
· New hot key assignments including command-modification for Mac users.
· When a transition is select in the editor window, it can be now rotated using the mouse wheel; if a place is selected the wheel changes the number of tokens in the place.
· Improved installation options, including an .exe launcher for windows users.
· Several bug fixes.
October 14th, 2011
· TAPAAL 2.0.2 is a maintenance release that fixes a number of bugs, one of them connected to slow verification in case of the presence of orphan transitions (no input and no output arcs) and it fixes some rare issues during the saving of a net. The release also improves the layout of the query dialog and several other dialogs and a new example of train level crossing has been added to File/Example net.
August 23rd, 2011
· Today we release 2.0.1 which is a maintenance release fixing multiple bugs. Highly recommend for all users.
July 1st, 2011
· TAPAAL engine (both 32 and 64 bit version) with symmetry reduction, concrete trace generation, discrete inclusion, heuristic search
· Component-based design editor with shared places and transitions
· Flexible batch processing dialog
· Numerous GUI improvements (view/hide of panels, updated query editor, improved verification statistics, ...)
June 17th, 2011
· This is a maintenance release and contain only bugfixes. It fixes an number of bugs
April 12th, 2011
· This is a maintenance release and contain only bugfixes.
· It fixes an important bug concerning boundness checking.
March 10th, 2011
· This is a maintenance release and contain only bugfixes. It fixes bugs introduced in the 1.4 release.
January 19th, 2011
· timed inhibitor arcs,
· completely new query creation dialog,
· option to model and verify untimed Petri nets (mainly for educational purposes),
· several visual improvements,
· bug fixes and
· it deals with the new licensing policy of UPPAAL.
November 9th, 2009
· parametrized net templates with constants
· optimization of the number of extra tokens in case the net is bounded
· export of nets directly to tikz
· improved layout of the list of queries
· automatic update notifier
August 5th, 2009
· A new version of TAPAAL, has been released fixing a number of known bugs.