June 10th, 2013
· The sar command can now display filesystems statistics (blocks and inodes utilization) with its new option "-F".
· Several (small) bugs have also been fixed.
April 1st, 2013
· mpstat now takes into account every interrupt per processor so that their number adds up to the number displayed for CPU "all".
· The systemd unit file could no longer be installed because a macro wasn't expanded in the configure script. This is now fixed.
March 9th, 2013
· sar, pidstat, and mpstat now stop and display their average statistics when they receive a SIGINT signal (crtl/c). pidstat now displays the task's UID for all tasks.
· The option -U has been added to pidstat; this option tells it to display the username of the task instead of its UID.
· When this option is followed by a user name, only tasks belonging to the specified user are displayed by pidstat.
December 27th, 2012
· Network and IPv4/IPv6 counters have changed to 64-bit format to keep in sync with recent kernels.
· A new option has been added to iostat to prevent it from displaying its first report with statistics since system boot.
· Several bugs have been fixed.
May 17th, 2012
· An interesting new feature has been added to iostat here: iostat can now display consolidated statistics for one or several groups of devices. This should prove useful for machines with lots of disks. Apart from that, this version includes some bug fixes for sadc and sadf, and a new translation file for Croatian people.
March 9th, 2012
· Virtual devices are no longer taken into account in sar -b results.
· iostat can now display target device information when a symbolic link is specified as a parameter.
· The option --disable-stripping has been added to the configure script.
· A Serbian translation has been added.
March 15th, 2011
· Several bugs have been fixed with the nfsiostat and cifsiostat commands.
· Sysstat's commands are no longer linked with the sensors library if it is not needed.
· iostat incorrectly mapped device-mapper IDs greater than 256: This is now fixed.
· NLS has been updated and an Ukrainian translation has been added.
December 27th, 2010
· New metrics for sar (amount of active and inactive memory, processes blocked waiting for I/O to complete)
· Various optimizations and improvements
November 11th, 2010
· New metrics have been added to sar and sadc: hugepages utilization statistics, and average CPU clock frequency.
· This version also includes bugfixes.
September 13th, 2010
· Voltage input statistics, together with some other metrics, have been added to sar's power management group of statistics.
· NLS has been updated.
· A Czech translation has been added.
July 29th, 2010
· New metrics have been added to the power management group of statistics in sar (patch from Jan Kaluza from Redhat). This version enables you to monitor fans speed and devices temperature. You will need the libsensors library (part of the lm_sensors project) installed for that.
June 28th, 2010
· Lots of new features in this release. Two new commands have been added (nfsiostat and cifsiostat) enabling the user to display I/O statistics for NFS and CIFS filesystems (courtesy Ivana Varekova from Redhat). Other improvements concern mainly pidstat: It's now possible to select tasks using a regular expression with option -C. A new option has also been added to pidstat to display stack statistics (patch by Mario Konrad).
March 1st, 2010
· More than 3 months have passed since the last sysstat release. After more than 10 years spent working on sysstat, I still certainly enjoy working on this project although a wife and two children have now made it a bit more difficult... Even if things go much more slowly now, I decided to start a new development series, so here is version 9.1.1, ready for you to test. See the release notes available from the download page. Note that from now on, sysstat will no longer support kernels older than 2.6. This enabled me to get rid of many lines of code...
September 22nd, 2009
· Sysstat should now be able to pretty-print device names whose minor numbers are greater than or equal to 256.
· sadc manual page, NLS and FAQ have been updated.
May 25th, 2009
· [Michael Blakeley]: Option -z added to iostat. This option tells iostat to omit output for any devices for which there was no activity during the sample period.
· [Tomasz Pala]: Fix mpstat where interrupt values should be read as unsigned integers.
· sar -n ALL didn't select IPv6 statistics. This is now fixed.
· iostat, sar and mpstat manual pages updated.
· sadf -x now displays file creation date.
· XSD and DTD documents updated.
· NLS updated. Latvian translation added.
· CREDITS file updated.
· Code cleaned.
April 2nd, 2009
· More bug fixes and improvements in this version: A memory corruption has been fixed in iostat and pidstat, where a segfault could happen when a list of comma-separated values following option -p was entered on the command line. With regard to improvements, sadc can now collect partition statistics in addition to disk ones. Go on testing, as I want sysstat 9.0.x to become rock solid...!
March 8th, 2009
· A crash with sar where a pointer was freed twice was fixed.
· NLS translations have been updated.
March 1st, 2009
· Power management statistics have been added to sar.
· This release no longer truncates the interval of time to 32 bits, as this may cause some problems when displaying average values statistics on machines with hundreds of CPUs.
· A small bug in sar where it didn't parse arguments properly when some options were entered in a specific order has been fixed.
January 11th, 2009
· Support was added for IPv6-related protocols. iostat now displays statistics for devices only (and not partitions) when its -d option is not used.
· Extended statistics are now available from iostat even for partitions with recent kernels.
· A bug was fixed where iostat was unable to read stats from sysfs for devices which had a slash in their names (e.g. /dev/cciss/c0d0).
· A bug was fixed in iostat where %CPU spent servicing hard and soft IRQ were counted twice.
November 13th, 2008
· Support for SNMP statistics has been added to sar.
· The option -l has been added to pidstat.
· This option enables the user to display the whole command line for each process.
· The option -h has been added to sar.
· This option displays a short help message.
· Some memory leaks detected by valgrind have been fixed.
October 2nd, 2008
· The option -h has been added to pidstat.
· This option is used to display all activities horizontally on a single line.
· A bug has been fixed in pidstat: When pidstat was used to monitor a process and all its threads (with pidstat's option -t), it could display weird values if the thread group leader terminated. mpstat now displays stats for all interrupts, including NMI, LOC, etc.