New in version 11.1.1
October 8th, 2014
- Added option -c to sadf: This option enables the user to convert an sa datafile with an old format (at least 9.1.6) to the up-to-date format (11.1.1 as of today).
- Update sadf -H output to print datafile date and tell whether this file has been converted from an old datafile or not.
- Added option -[0-9]+ to sadf to show data of that days ago [11.0.1].
- Use statvfs() system call instead of deprecated statfs() to get filesystems statistics with sar [11.0.1].
- sar: Stricter syntax check [11.0.1].
- Remove unneeded include file in sa_common.c [11.0.1].
- [Kosaki Motohiro]: Update workaround for 32bit CPU counters [11.0.1].
- Define unknown scheduling policies in pidstat.h [11.0.1].
- [Ivana Varekova]: Test return value for fgets/fscanf calls [11.0.1].
- Makefile updated: Follow symlinks when creating the tarballs [11.0.1].
- sadf manual page updated [11.0.1].
New in version 10.2.1 (January 23rd, 2014)
- Added new --enable-copy-only option to configure script. This option may be useful when creating sysstat package to make sure that files are only copied to $DESTDIR and that no service is activated (eg. for distro using systemd).
- pidstat: Add a new metric to pidstat I/O statistics: per-task block I/O delays.
- Take $DESTDIR variable into account when installing sysstat service used by systemd.
- sadf -H, sadf -j and sadf -x now also display the file creation time.
- Use sizeof() instead of hardcoded size values.
- pidstat manual page updated.
- Cosmetic fixes.
- NLS updated.
New in version 10.2.0 (November 4th, 2013)
- A new option (-v) has been added to pidstat, enabling the user to display the number of threads and file descriptors associated with tasks.
- Several bugs have been fixed in pidstat.
New in version 10.1.7 (September 13th, 2013)
- A new metric has been added to sar network devices statistics, giving the utilization percentage of the network interface cards.
- Several bugs have been fixed all around.
New in version 10.1.6 (June 10th, 2013)
- The sar command can now display filesystems statistics (blocks and inodes utilization) with its new option "-F".
- Several (small) bugs have also been fixed.
New in version 10.1.5 (April 1st, 2013)
- mpstat now takes into account every interrupt per processor so that their number adds up to the number displayed for CPU "all".
- The systemd unit file could no longer be installed because a macro wasn't expanded in the configure script. This is now fixed.
New in version 10.1.4 (March 9th, 2013)
- sar, pidstat, and mpstat now stop and display their average statistics when they receive a SIGINT signal (crtl/c). pidstat now displays the task's UID for all tasks.
- The option -U has been added to pidstat; this option tells it to display the username of the task instead of its UID.
- When this option is followed by a user name, only tasks belonging to the specified user are displayed by pidstat.
New in version 10.1.3 (December 27th, 2012)
- Network and IPv4/IPv6 counters have changed to 64-bit format to keep in sync with recent kernels.
- A new option has been added to iostat to prevent it from displaying its first report with statistics since system boot.
- Several bugs have been fixed.
New in version 10.0.5 (May 17th, 2012)
- An interesting new feature has been added to iostat here: iostat can now display consolidated statistics for one or several groups of devices. This should prove useful for machines with lots of disks. Apart from that, this version includes some bug fixes for sadc and sadf, and a new translation file for Croatian people.