New in version 2.02s1 Beta 1
January 14th, 2015
- Based on Grub 2.02 (commit bac5d1a64ab4191058a8fd4c05f6b3b339e249e7 )
- Added new option: “Enable all native disk drivers” so that you can try to load: SATA, PATA and USB hard disks (and their partitions) as native disk drives. This is experimental.
- Removed no longer needed options: “Enable USB” and “Enable PATA”.
- “Search floppy” and “Search cdrom” options were moved into “Extra GRUB2 functionality menu”. At the same time “Extra Search functionality” menu was removed.
- Added new straight-forward option: “Enable GRUB2’s RAID and LVM support“.
- “List devices/partitions” was renamed to “Print devices/partitions”.
- “Everything” option was renamed to “Detect and show boot methods”.
- “Everything +” option was removed to avoid confusions.
- Other minor improvements in the source code.
- Updated translation files. Now most translations are pending.
- Updated INSTALL instructions.
New in version 2.00s2 (May 19th, 2014)
- Change the language UI
- Translated into several languages:
- Spanish / Español
- German / Deutsch
- French / Français
- Italian / Italiano
- Malay / Bahasa Melayu
- Everything option to detect most Operating Systems
- Everything plus option to detect most Operating Systems also in special devices or filesystems
- Boot manually:
- Operating Systems
- grub.cfg – Extract entries
- grub.cfg – (GRUB2 configuration files)
- menu.lst – (GRUB legacy configuration files)
- core.img – (GRUB2 installation (even if mbr is overwritten))
- Bootable ISOs (in /boot-isos or /boot/boot-isos
- Extra GRUB2 functionality:
- Enable GRUB2′s LVM support
- Enable GRUB2′s RAID support
- Enable GRUB2′s PATA support (to work around BIOS bugs/limitation)
- Mount encrypted volumes (LUKS and geli)
- Enable serial terminal
- Extra Search functionality:
- Search in floppy ON/OFF
- Search in CDROM ON/OFF
- List Devices / Partitions
- Color ON /OFF
- Halt the computer
- Reboot the computer
New in version 2.00s2 RC5 (April 14th, 2014)
- Fix OS X Boot thanks to Smx.
- Add extra boot parametres for OS X kernels. Thanks to Smx which inspired the code from his own repo.
- Quote menuentries or functions parametres to avoid problems with variables with spaces on them.
New in version 2.01 RC3 (March 31st, 2014)
- EFI detection: Make sure to detect all the lower-upper case combinations of efi files.
New in version 2.01 Beta 3 (March 22nd, 2014)
- Added a new option: ‘grub.cfg – Extract entries‘. Now you can load your own grub.cfg entries even if you had setup a 0 seconds timeout by default
- New Exit menu that let’s you halt or reboot your machine
- Several improvements to the UI. Now you can see what option you have choosen and it is easier to return to previous menu.
New in version 2.01 Beta 2 (March 19th, 2014)
- Most every option was rewritten in a library way:
- That makes easier to update Super Grub2 Disk
- It also makes it easier to have a consistent UI
- New option: ‘Everything +‘:
- Which initially loads LVM, RAID, PATA, USB and also tries to mount encrypted volumes
- Then tries to find all the bootable entries thanks to Everything entry
- Most of the options now have a consistent UI
New in version 2.01 Beta 1 (March 11th, 2014)
- New option: ‘Everything‘ to boot most anything with a single enter
- UI redesign of final boot options so that they are clearly distinguished
- UI redesign of extra options into submenu
- UI redesign of manual options into submenu
- New script: supergrub-meta-mkrescue for building several target+platform combinations
- New boot technology based on conditional AFD
- Improved build documentation
New in version 2.00 Beta 6 (September 18th, 2013)
- FreeBSD boot wasn’t working ok. Fixed.
- Added default boot loader entries for FreeBSD at OS detection script
- If you want to translate into your language please check TRANSLATION file at source code to learn how to translate into your language.
- This is a beta release so please comment any issue you find at the forum.
- Development miscellaneous:
- Jordan Uggla has said he would have some spare time to work in SG2D. Let’s hope it’s true.
- Thanks to nox- from irc for the FreeBSD testing and fixing.
- Thanks to Niall Walsh for his current work on trying to improve the OS autodetect feature.
- As a side note the current HEAD at git says that SG2D version is 2.00s1-beta5 while it’s actually 2.00s1-beta6. Next beta should be the 7th one.
New in version 2.00 Beta 5 (September 18th, 2013)
- Added x86_64-efi support so that EFI files are detected and can be booted.