New in version 2.3
December 9th, 2010
- Improved & easier map legend customization. Copy/paste map customizations from StatPlanet into the StatPlanet Data Editor;
- Visualization: animated time-series graph; bullet graph option;
- Text labels added automatically for custom maps with drag-and-drop positioning in StatPlanet;
- New customization options;
- Simplified data structure (data.csv), with settings in a separate file (settings.csv).
- For those updating from an older version: note that there is an extra column in v 2.3 (the first column). If you are copying data from a previous version, you need to paste the data one column further.
- StatPanet Data Editor 1.4 released:
- additional customization options (see sheet 'Settings');
- improved data importing.
- IFPRI's Food Security Case Maps released in partnership with StatPlanet: Mapping Food Security & Climate Change Scenarios.
- GDX2StatPlanet released. (GDX = GAMS Data Exchange). GAMS is a high-level modeling system.
- an advanced version of StatPlanet for visualizing large data sets.
- Shapefile maps with over 250 regions supported.
- NDP Human Development Report 2010 released with StatPlanet.
- New data added: Drugs and Crime.
- New data added: Language, Political, and Environment (Elevation extremes, Waste).
New in version 2.2 (April 4th, 2010)
- New graph types: bullet graph and scatterplot trails graph;
- World and USA maps included;
- Minor interface improvements.
New in version 2.1 (November 18th, 2009)
- customizable map legend:
- create qualitative maps;
- set custom values, labels and colors for each indicator.
- many new options to completely customize the appearance and settings, enabling you to create a unique map application with your own color scheme and selection of interface components.