New in version 0.93
January 5th, 2012
- New StarCluster Ubuntu 11.10 EBS AMIs available including a new HVM AMI for use with CC/CC2/CG instance types! Includes OpenGridScheduler (to replace SGE), Condor, Hadoop/Dumbo, MPICH2, OpenMPI, IPython 0.12 (parallel+notebook), and more. Run dpkg -l on the AMIs for the full list of packages.
- The new StarCluster Ubuntu 11.10 EBS HVM AMI additionally comes with NVIDIA driver, CUDA Toolkit/SDK, PyCuda, PyOpenCL, and Magma for GPU computing.
- These new AMIs are available in all AWS regions. The new us-east-1 11.10 EBS AMIs are now the defaults in the StarCluster config template. Use the listpublic command to obtain a list of available StarCluster AMIs in other regions:
- $ starcluster -r sa-east-1 listpublic
- NOTE: The HVM AMI is currently only available in the us-east-1 region until other regions support HVM.