New in version 6.0.0
April 14th, 2014
- switched compiler to Java 8 (except for module st-exerciseviewer)
- replaced mocking framework EasyMock 3.2 with Mockito 1.9.5 (much better API and easier to use)
- switch to IntelliJ IDEA 13 as project IDE, added project files to VCS
- reformated all Java and Groovy source files to common Java source code format guidelines (reformating done by IntelliJ IDEA)
- cleanup of import statements in all Java and Groovy source files (done by IntelliJ IDEA)
- fixed all compiler warnings
- fixed warnings reported by the IntelliJ IDEA Code Inspector
- fixed warnings found by IntelliJ IDEA code inspector
- removed Java WebStart installation option (since Java 7u40 there were security warnings on each ST start due to missing signed certificates) -> free signed certificates are not available for open source projects
- use of Lambda features in module st-util
- use of Lambda features in module sportstracker
- use new Java Date Time API (JSR 310) in all SportsTracker modules
- provides a better API for creation, conversion and formatting
- provides type separation of date, time and date time (less errors)
New in version 5.7.0 (January 14th, 2013)
- The major changes are support for reading and displaying Garmin Forerunner 910XT and Timex Ironman Run Trainer exercise files.
- The error handling of the exercise parser has been improved, and the Spanish and German translations were updated.
New in version 5.6.0 (August 30th, 2012)
- The Overview diagram can now display statistics per sport subtype and per equipment usage.
- The map viewer component shows tooltips with detailed informations for all recorded track points of your exercises.
- Mac OS X users can now also use Java WebStart for installation.
- An OS X app bundle is available too, and it is now 9 MB instead of 67 MB.
- It requires Java 7 Update 6 or later.
- Other changes are Calendar and Diagram improvements, bugfixes, refactorings, updated libraries, and translation updates.
New in version 5.5.0 (July 25th, 2012)
- This version improves Mac OS X support.
- The installation on OS X (10.7 required) is now very simple.
- Just download the archive of the app bundle and move it to your applications folder.
- Other improvements are the new high resolution application icon, an exercise files check after startup, project and build system updates, and bugfixes for Timex PWX users.
New in version 5.3.0 (July 31st, 2011)
- It includes minor usability improvements and an important bugfix for users of GPX execise files.
- The libraries have been updated and the build process has been improved.
- SportsTracker now also runs with the recently released Java 7.
New in version 5.2.0 (February 28th, 2011)
- SportsTracker changes:
- added IntelliJ IDEA project files to Mercurial ignore list (IDEA can now also be used for development)
- update to BSAF 1.9 GA (final), which contains many bugfixes, also for the Command+Q-Shutdown problem on MacOS X
- update to JUnit 4.8.2
- update to Guice 3.0 (RC2)
- use of standardized javax.inject annotations (JSR 330) for Dependency Injection (so the DI Container could be easily exchanged)
- Guice API is only used for DI Container setup
- Groovy updated to version 1.7.6
- SportsTracker has been successfully tested on Java SE 7 (Developer preview release), it compiles and runs without any problems
- ExerciseViewer changes:
- bugfix in GarminFitParserTest (date comparision fails on other timezones than Europe/Berlin)
- TopoGrafix GPX v1.1 support (SourceForge Feature request #1910611)contains mostly track data only, but also supports optional time and altitude data
- Main panel: display only available data and "n.a." otherwise (instead of 0 when missing)
- Timex PWX support (by Robert Schultz ):
- added support for Timex Ironman Global Trainer PWX exercises, including GPS data (displayed in Track panel) and cadence data
- unit test for Timex Ironman Global Trainer PWX files
- updated spanish translation by Luis Llorente Campo
New in version 5.1.0 (August 30th, 2010)
- The ExerciseViewer has now full support for the Garmin FIT exercise file format (e.g. for Garmin Edge 500), the conversion to TCX files is not needed anymore. The Track panel got many improvements, it displays all lap split positions on the map now.
New in version 5.0.0 (July 12th, 2010)
- For developers there was the migration to Maven and Mercurial and the split of the project into 3 separate modules (see below).
- Users will see the most changes in ExerciseViewer. It was renamed from PolarViewer because it supports much more devices now. A new Track panel was added for displaying the exercise track (if available) in an interactive map.
- Garmin TCX files are now supported completely (incl. track data). Robert Schultz has added support for Timex PWX exercise files and Philippe Marzouk has added support for PolarPersonalTrainer data.
New in version 4.2.0 (May 12th, 2010)
- The biggest changes are: initial support for Garmin TCX exercise files, superb Mac OS X support (menu bar integration, Mac shortcurs, critical bugfixes), Overview diagram improvements and an external bulk importer utility for importing all HRM files at once.
- Many thanks to Mathias Obst and Jiri Polcar for their contributions!
- Check the full changelog for all changes.