October 14th, 2010
· New feature: Power Centrality calculation
· New feature: Information Centrality (Stephenson & Zelen) calculation
· New feature: radial layout according to Power and Information centralities
· New feature: filter (enable/disable) orphan nodes
· New feature: import two-mode affiliation networks (in sociomatrix format)
· New, faster container for GraphicsWidget Nodes based on QHash
· More automagically recreated known data sets
· Allow really large networks to be loaded without crashing. Still too slowly though.
· Nodes are selectable (but not yet editable) in groups
· Fixed bug #518219: Certain Pajek files might crash SocNetV
· Fided bug #515756: Ctrl+F after a node removal may crash SocNetV
· Fixed bug #515758: Random layout crashes SocNetV, if a node is removed
· Updated user manual to new version features.
· Removed counts of outLinkedNodes, inLinkedNodes and reciprocalLinkedNodes because they were causing too much overhead when loading large networks. The relevant LCDs were also dropped from the UI.
January 28th, 2010
· It is a bugfix release (mainly for bugs in Qt 4.6 and Windows) but it also offers 2 new features: a) automagically recreate known data sets (i.e. florentine families) and b) read weighted and simple lists.
June 29th, 2009
· First web Crawler implementation. Use Shift+C to test it. Doesn't support frames yet...
· Fixed bug #379204 which was crashing SocNetV when creating small worlds above 201 nodes
· Fixed bug #381096 crashing SocNetV in Edge Filtering when an edge was reciprocal.
· Fixed bug #381094 weight changes not recorded correctly in symmetric edges.
· To speed things up, the on-the-fly Clustering Coef. and Average Distance calculation was removed from random network creation routines.
· Random Layout is back!
· Speed improvement in FindNode method.
· Progress Bars now appear whenever a distance-related calculation is happening, so that the user knows what is happening and how long it will take.
· Tom Tryfonidis prepared Arch PKGBUILDs for SocNetV. You can install it from AUR.
May 28th, 2009
· GraphML becomes our native load/save format ( partially support for yFiles)
· New filter edges by their weights functionality.
· The background can be a custom image (via menu View > Background Image)
· New rounded rectangle shape for nodes.
· Nodenumbers can be displayed inside nodes, once again. Sorry, labels are too difficult to show inside nodes :(
· Fresh application iconset in shades of gold and gray.
· New version name scheme. Main versions: 0.x Bugfixes: 0.x.y
· Project admin, code, bug tracking etc moved to Launchpad/Bazaar. Report bugs to Launchpad.
· SocNetV joins the QtDesktop project (http://code.google.com/p/qtdesktop/)
February 16th, 2009
· Fixed serious bug in DistanceMatrix method, affecting centralities and layout.
· Fixed debug messages output default status to false, so that SocNetV is more responsive.
· Officially added DL (Data Language) file format support. This is UCINETs FULMATRIX mode.
February 13th, 2009
· 'Small World' random network creation (Watts and Strogatz model).
· Clustering Coefficient calculation.
· Average Graph Distance (shortest path length) calculation.
· Nodes can be linked to themselves with nice bezier curves.
· Negative and decimal edge weights are now fully supported.
· Dashed lines are nicely used to signify negative edge weights.
· Export current network to PDF with one click.
· Number and label colors are editable.
· Fixed number and label font size problem.
· Fixed PNG and BMP export regression.
· Fixed Printing regression. Printing is OK now.
· New program logo (and icon for Windows).
· Code cleanup (no more compile warnings) and minor memory optimisations.
· Documentation and user messages/warnings and menu icons update.
January 14th, 2009
· A redesigned GUI with tabs. Weight numbers can be displayed over links.
· DL network format initial support. GraphML loading.
· Floating point edge weights are now supported.
· The correct new node number is shown instead of %i.
· Zoom while rotate works. BFS no longer crashes.
· SocNetV is more reliable.
· The shortcut of OutDegree has been changed to Ctrl+1.
September 30th, 2008
· Erdos-Renyi random network creation.
· Removing symmetric edges, now asks what direction to remove.
· New layout method: node sizes according to their indegrees.
· No node limit. Load any network you want (make a coffee while waiting :)).
· loadPajek() recognizes Arcslists and Matrix edges formats.
· Edges are being drawed once (faster loading and node movement).
· Graph API simplification and "standardization"
· New LCD widget displaying network density and some improvements to the dock.
· In-file declared node colors and shapes are used as they should.
· Fixed bugs in removeNode methods.
· Lots of bugfixes in loadPajek() method.
· Documentation update
· Progress Bars (F10) appear when creating random nets > 300 nodes.
· RPM repository for openSUSE at http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/oxy86/openSUSE_11.0
· SocNetV has a new, modern logo. It still resembles a snail though.
September 13th, 2008
· This release fixes a bug in adjacency matrix loading/saving.
· Edges are drawn once, even the reciprocal ones, which makes network loading faster.
· There are cosmetic changes in the canvas (labels stay above edges, etc.).
· A bug in loadPajek() has been fixed.
August 28th, 2008
· GraphML initial support.
· New widgets for network rotation and zooming.
· Nodes may have shapes (circle, diamond, triangle, box and ellipse).
· New man page and updated online documentation.
· HtmlViewer is now based on QtWebKit.
· Cosmetic changes, i.e. new icons, new layout for the left dock.
· Code clean-up in MainWindows Class and Matrix.
· Fixed bugs on loading Pajek networks and layout algorithm.