New in version 14.3.0January 29th, 2010
- New filter effects: `sinc', `fir', `biquad'.
- Other new effects: `stats', `overdrive', `vad'.
- New audio device handler for OpenBSD.
- Fixed problems with temporary file on Windows.
- Can now enable automated clipping protection for most effects.
- Automatically `dither' as needed.
- Improvements to AIFF, WAV, FLAC, MP3 handlers.
- ALSA driver now supports 24-bit.
- `spectrogram' effect enhancements including multi-channel support.
- `synth' effect enhancements including new `pluck' type.
- More gain/normalise options.
- Now uses CPU multi-core to speed up some effects.
- SOX_OPTS environment variable for setting default options.
- Interactive playback volume control (on some systems).
- More `soxi' options, including multi-file total duration.
- Can now auto-detect file-type even when inputing from a pipe.
New in version 14.2.0 (November 11th, 2008)
- The processing chain now supports unlimited input files, multiple input pipes, and in some cases, multiple output files.
- Improved large file support and improved rate/dither/mcompand effects.
- A new Mac OSX audio driver as well as several new effects.