January 29th, 2010
· New filter effects: `sinc', `fir', `biquad'.
· Other new effects: `stats', `overdrive', `vad'.
· New audio device handler for OpenBSD.
· Fixed problems with temporary file on Windows.
· Can now enable automated clipping protection for most effects.
· Automatically `dither' as needed.
· Improvements to AIFF, WAV, FLAC, MP3 handlers.
· ALSA driver now supports 24-bit.
· `spectrogram' effect enhancements including multi-channel support.
· `synth' effect enhancements including new `pluck' type.
· More gain/normalise options.
· Now uses CPU multi-core to speed up some effects.
· SOX_OPTS environment variable for setting default options.
· Interactive playback volume control (on some systems).
· More `soxi' options, including multi-file total duration.
· Can now auto-detect file-type even when inputing from a pipe.
November 11th, 2008
· The processing chain now supports unlimited input files, multiple input pipes, and in some cases, multiple output files.
· Improved large file support and improved rate/dither/mcompand effects.
· A new Mac OSX audio driver as well as several new effects.