February 2nd, 2013
· smake now tries to inline "echo" commands and to avoid shell calls in order to speed up execution on platforms with slow process creation such as Win-DOS (cygwin).
January 4th, 2013
· Support for some new platforms was added.
· This release correctly implements the '+' command line prefix even when it has been called with -t (touch).
· Better file PATH search allows smake to better find its internal .../lib/defaults.smk file that contains the default rules (see libschily/searchinpath.c).
April 20th, 2010
· ./.clean now removes symlinks
· x86_64-dragonfly-cc.rul & x86_64-dragonfly-gcc.rul new
· Addex experimental rules for using "pcc" on Solaris x86
· New autoconf test on whether Compiler supports "inline" keyword
· New autoconf test if struct stat contains st_atime_n (nanosecs)
· New autoconf test if struct stat contains st_flag
· C-dependencies on AIX are now extracted using cc -M -qsyntaxonly
· As the new Intel 64 bit strcpy() implementation does not work correctly with overlapping strings, smake now includes a ovstrcpy() function to avoid related problems.
· Smake now supports $(EMPTY): target names.
· A minor bug in the makefile parser was fixed. The bug caused targets that appeared directly after an otherwise emty line that started with a TAB char to be ignored.