New in version 1.2.4
September 27th, 2012
- This version adds support for the "group_by_directory" directive to alter the handling for recursive directory matching to limit lists of files to process on a per-directory basis, rather than the default of the complete matched list.
New in version 1.2.1 (May 2nd, 2012)
- This version adds more functionality to allow skulker to perform some security functionality too.
- This includes is_true_world_readable and is_true_world_writeable functions to match files, a "list" function just to list matches (rather than manipulate them), and improved "setperms" function to change any matched files.
- It also adds has_no_owner and has_no_group functions, implements functionality to record the filesystem scanning time for each rule.
New in version 1.1.0 (February 26th, 2012)
- This version adds support for the "setperms" function to allow rules for setting and changing permissions, adds a "match" function to the match_by clause functionality to allow more flexible filtering, fixes the handling of rule history statistics, improves handling of the "older than boot" generators, adds further self-tests, and improves the "date from file" functionality.
New in version 1.0.2 (November 30th, 2010)
- This version adds support for optionally specifying the maximum amount of time a particular rule can run for, and support for scrubbing files with random data (for delete rules) if so required.
- Other changes include improved self-tests, further details in output mode, and fixes for some small problems.
New in version 0.6.7 (October 9th, 2009)
- An "append" function was added to allow the contents of a matched file to be appended to the end of an existing file and have the original file removed.
- Self-test functionality was added for "move" and "append" actions.
- The rule configuration guide documentation was updated.
New in version 0.6.6 (May 5th, 2009)
- Several uses where files were attempted to be moved or renamed across file system boundaries have been found and fixed as necessary.
- The delete function now supports a scrubbing option to overwrite the contents of the file will NULL data prior to deletion or truncation. This aids security and potentially allows thinly-provisioned storage to reclaim blocks.
- A new "move" function has been implemented allowing files to be moved potentially renamed at the same time.
- The "%d" macro has been extended to support "%dn" and "%d-n" to take portions of a directory.
- The "unsafe" option has been added to allow functions to allow them to override the settings of safe directories those directories are configured to allow such an override.
New in version 0.6.4 (January 15th, 2009)
- A change was made to the processing to ensure that protected directories work in all cases.
- Minor improvements were made to the size and date handling syntax for file matching.
New in version 0.6.2 (October 25th, 2008)
- The empty_dirs generator was implemented to make it easier to remove (empty) directory structures.
- Manual pages were updated to accurately reflect current functionality.
New in version 0.6.0 (October 3rd, 2008)
- Support for "generators" has been added (yet another way of matching files based on conditions rather than file details).
- At present, generators for "files older than latest boot time" and "files with an invalid UID" are available.