November 2nd, 2012
· Remove datepicker binding
· Remove JSON compatibility module
January 16th, 2012
· Firefox minimum version support is now 3.5
New date options, see Options, Clock tab, Custom format:
· days until end of year, see Day dropdown box
· week number, ISO (defined as: weeks begin Monday, week containing Jan 4th is the first week of that year) and US (defined as: weeks begin Sunday, week containing Jan 1st is the first week of that year), see Weekday dropdown box
· New Options tab, Style, allows setting of font and colour properties for toolbar display. Many Personas make it difficult to read the toolbar display
· Countdowns can now be set to run consecutively. Previously a set of countdowns would run concurrently, now there is a Mode option in the Countdown dialog. Since consecutive implies order, there are now Move Up and Move Down buttons in the Countdown dialog. Select a timer in the list, and move it to the position you want. Consecutive mode countdowns are run in a top-down order
· The default audio alert, specified in Options, Notifications tab, can now be overridden for individual countdowns/notifications. In the Countdown and Notify Me dialogs, there is a new Alarm button. Select a timer in the list, and click Alarm to display a small panel. Browse your local file system for a .wav file (.ogg is not supported here). There is also a listen icon so you can test play the audio file
Audio handling has been rewritten, see Options, Notifications tab:
· the repeat audio function is no longer dependent on using dialog notification
· the Audio files section of the tab is now always visible, but enabled/disabled when ticking the "Enable audio notifications" checkbox
· built-in "Chimes" audio file added
· format of the built-in audio files has been changed from compressed .wav files to .ogg files. The old files were unplayable on many Linux systems. Unfortunately this added some size to the add-on
· when browsing and selecting a custom audio file (.wav or .ogg), the duration of the file is determined and displayed below the textbox. This information is needed by ST if you choose the repeat audio function. If an error occurs during this determination, ST will assume a duration of 5 seconds
· the "Kill Audio Alarm (.ogg)" context-menu item now also applies to .wav files. When choosing this during an .ogg playback, the audio stops immediately. When choosing this for .wav, the audio plays to conclusion, but if you have chosen the repeat audio function, further iterations of the play are prevented
July 18th, 2011
· Account for install-event-fired preference
· Change to native JSON for Firefox 7
· Remove innerHTML code
February 14th, 2011
· Clean up file structure
· Remove statusbar drag and drop, functionality now in Options->Positioning
· Provide option of stop date for recurring notifications, see Notify Me At dialog,
· Forever/Until -- applies only trecurring notifications, indicating how long the
· notification is in effect. If Until is chosen, the datepicker is enabled. The notification
· will be in effect up to, but not including, the date chosen. There are twways tset
· click on the year, month and day subfields tedit them, using the spin
· buttons or your keyboard's up and down arrows.
· click on the little down arrow (called a dropmarker) tthe right of the spin
· buttons. This will open a popup calendar. Click on the day that you wish to
· choose. The calendar months have navigation arrows in the top corners.
· Provide option of maximum occurrences for recurring countdowns, see
· Countdowns dialog.
· For Times, set how many times the timer should run by using the spin
· buttons or your keyboard's up/down arrows tset the value.
· Forever means it will keep repeating until you manually delete it (either in this
· dialog, via Delete, or via the context menu item Stop Clock/Timer).
· For repeating timers, you have a choice on how you want the timer restarted
· when it completes. "Restart automatically" requires naction from you, it
· restarts immediately upon completion. However, if there is some action you
· wish tperform in between runs, then choose "Restart using button on
· popup/dialog alert". This will place twbuttons on your alert, "Run Again" and
· "Delete". It won't restart until you click the "Run Again" button (or you can
· choose tdelete the timer).
· Provide option tlink ta URL on countdown completion, see Countdowns dialog.
· Move startup processing ttimed thread.
· When starting clock or countup, if there is a current activity, warn user that it will
· be stopped. Tprevent accidentally stopping a timer.
· Create new Mouse Clicks tab in Options dialog.
· Provide option trestart an in-progress countup or countdown via double-click on
· statusbar/toolbar display, see Options->Mouse Clicks.
· Disable Clock context menu item if clock already in progress.
· When stopping timer, start clock if that is the startup option.
· Wording of twof the context menu items changed, now "Pause/Resume Timer"
· and "Stop Clock/Timer".
· Documentation updated, moved tGoogle. Context menu links changed.
· Added localization da-DK
· When clicking OK in Countdown or Notify Me dialogs, check for the possibility a
· timer was entered but not added (by clicking Add button). If detected, display a
· Confirm box asking user what tdo. Alschecks if URL textbox or time was
· changed without Add.
July 9th, 2010
· Support for Thunderbird, minimum version 3.0b3
· Display paused countup/downs with red text
· Use user-defined date in statusbar/toolbar tooltips
· Bug fix: when display is set to both statusbar and toolbar, icon image color not synched after Notify Me At notification completes
· Bug fix: In Options, repeat audio elements should be disabled unless both audio and dialog alerts enabled
April 27th, 2010
· Bug fix: when restarting a hibernated computer, a recurring countdown timer should not trigger all alerts accumulated during hibernation (just one alert if appropriate).
February 23rd, 2010
· Add toolbar display options (see new tab Options->Positioning). Requested feature.
· Add support for .ogg (Ogg Vorbis) audio file format, for your custom audio alarm (see Options->Notifications) For a short audio alarm (a few seconds duration only) you can use .wav files, for a longer audio alarm, or even a complete song, use an .ogg file. Convert your favorite .mp3 to .ogg and give it a try! Firefox 3.5 or better is required for this feature. Requested feature, to play mp3's or longer alarms.
· Add new context menu item "Kill Audio Alarm" in support of item 2 above. It is only enabled during an .ogg file playback.
· Add Documentation menu item and submenu to context menu.
· Make 'Full' tooltip the default.
· Switch order of 'Last count up' and 'This browser session' in 'Full' tooltip.
· New date format options (see Options->Miscellaneous->Clock Options, the last 2 items in the dropdown). Requested feature.
· New time display option: Epoch clock (see Options->Miscellaneous->Clock Options). Displays the number of seconds since Jan 1, 1970 GMT 0:00. Requested feature.
· On completion of countdown, display clock if user has 'Start clock' selected in Options->Miscellaneous->Startup Options. Requested feature.
· Added Korean translation.
· bug fix: localization of 'recurring' literal in countdown timers tooltip.
· bug fix: repair enable/disable of textboxes on loading of Preferences dialog.
· bug fix: repair statusbar drag and drop for Firefox 3.6. Also fixed a bug in this code which prevented dragging across some add-ons statusbar panels. Also new, when dragging, a vertical red line appears between statusbar icons which indicates where the drop will occur if you drop at that time (although some themes won't show this line).
· bug fix: Within Options dialog accessed via Add-ons manager (ie. Tools->Add-ons), Event Logging->Reset Default and Event Logging->Browse...->Make New Folder weren't working.
· Lastly, I no longer carry a complete history in About->Changelog. Only latest changes are displayed.