March 8th, 2013
· A maintenance release with various improvements and fixes.
December 12th, 2012
· The new architecture sports a state-of-the-art user interface, entirely Ajax-driven and much more userfriendly, responsive, and performant.
· Silva 3.0 includes a new content editor running on top of a new document type.
· Silva News Network has been refactored and provides advanced calendar functionality.
· On a system level the performance of both frontend and backend has been immensely improved.
October 8th, 2012
· This major new version sports a completely rebuilt and state-of-the-art user interface. It’s entirely Ajax-driven and much more userfriendly, responsive, and performant. Silva 3.0 also includes a new visual editor running on top of a new Silva Document. For site managers, the Code Sources have been refactored to use references and are maintainable on the file system. Silva News Network has been refactored as well and sports new calendar functionality.
December 22nd, 2010
· Support for mobile skins based on browser detection.
· Robust reference management system that preserves links between resources.
· Silva now supports WSGI servers.
· More consistent API and vastly improved testing infrastructure.
August 6th, 2010
· Users can select a Gravatar image to appear next to their name in Silva.
· Silva File and Images have been reviewed, HEAD and HTTP headers are now properly implemented. ExtFile storage is considered legacy, please migrate to Blob storage.
· References are used to link content: Link, Indexer, Ghosts and links, images in Kupu uses it to refer linked content. XML import / export have been updated to work with thoses.
· z3c.forms have been replaced with Zeam Forms.
· Silva now uses Python 2.6 and Zope 2.12.
· Most of Silva contents now properly triggers Zope event when being added/edited.
· More parts of the SMI have been replaced by Zope views and forms.
· Tests now use infrae.testing. Functional tests rely on infrae.wsgi.
March 31st, 2010
· A simple PhotoGallery demo view have been added to use on any container.
· Silva Links now support again relative links.
· SilvaExternalSources is installed by default, and the toc element in the default created SilvaDocument have been removed.
· Deprecate Products.Silva.helpers.makeContainerFilter and makeZMIFilter (makeZMIFilter was moved to silva.core.conf.utils). Fix signature checking in Folder.filtered_meta_types.
· kupu: the link input field in the link toolbox was changed to be a textarea. In 2.2 releases prior to 2.2 final, the input field changed to a textarea on focus and back to an input field onblur, so long urls where easier to view. This caused confusing 'double clicking' behavior in order to manually add or update a link (first to unfocus, second to update)
· The formulator lookupwindow field changed to a textarea to address the same concerns as the link toolbox in kupu mentioned above.
November 19th, 2008
· This release adds a slew of new features for developers and system administrators, and is a quantum leap with Zope 2.11 and Five/Grok technology. Also the Sphinx-driven docs.infrae.com has gone online.
September 7th, 2008
· This release adds a range of features for Author/Editors (such as 'elaborate' Code Sources, an "Editor Comments" toolbox, much more configurable Automatic Table of Contents, preview with public layout, and an improved Lookup Window) and for Site Managers (e.g. a quota subsystem, Zope Pluggable Authentication Service, authentication with OpenID, and a CAPTCHA). It has performance and technical improvements such as functional tests.