New in version 1.4.0
August 14th, 2011
- The B-47 helicopter no longer hovers over the landing pad during takeoff and landing.
- When an aircraft crashes, the sound no longer loops.
- Some issues with the new smooth drawing were fixed.
- Platform support has been expanded to keep SAR in sync with Debian.
New in version 1.3.0 (April 6th, 2011)
- This version fixes music playing and improves joystick support.
- Fires and smoke burn more realistically and the graphics (especially terrain) have been upgraded.
- The aircraft's HUD now displays both the altitude above sea level and above land.
New in version 1.2.0 (March 9th, 2011)
- This release includes some minor bug fixes.
- Engine sounds now turn on/off properly.
- Hector gave us some patches to improve the way humans on the ground work.
- We no longer spam the console with messages about fires and some fixes for joystick support were added.
New in version 1.1.0 (September 16th, 2010)
- This release, version 1.1.0, mostly cleans up some compatibility issues. We fixed some compiler bugs, added better joytsick support (thanks to Phil from the Debian project) and we addressed a number of bugs which were reported with some keyboards and video cards. While there aren't any fun new game elements in this version, there are a lot of fixes. So if you tried SAR before and it didn't work for you, give this release a try and let us know what you think.
New in version 1.0.0 (June 5th, 2010)
- This new version is mostly to polish up some minor issues we found in the previous release. The documentation has been touched up a little and we now include a script, installsardata which will automate installing the Data files. Sound support has been improved and most of the sound controls should work in the Options menu. We've also fixed a few bugs and compiler settings so SAR should now run on FreeBSD.
- No changes have been made to the Data file, so if you've installed SAR previously, you do not need to download a fresh copy of the Data file.
New in version 0.9.0 (April 11th, 2010)
- Created random campaign mode, which generates a random SAR mission.
- Added sarcamp.h and sarcamp.c to the source tree and Makefile.
- Added code to sound.h and sound.c which uses the SDL_Mixer library. This allows SAR to use either the Yiff sound library or SDL_Mixer library. SDL is preferred as Yiff appears to be discontinued.
- Added flares to campaign missions on cataline island. Helps the pilot find victims who are hidden in the hills.
- Victims near the Coast Guard ship should now be drawn as being in the water, not on the water.
- Fixed reported position of coast guard ship.
- Fire now sits on top of the land, not under hills.
New in version 0.8.4 (March 17th, 2010)
- This version contains a few new items: There are five new (non-training) missions. The title screen has been updated with the project's new website address. All of the compiler warnings/errors (from gcc) have been fixed.