New in version 2.30
October 16th, 2014
- OMTC (Off Main Thread Compositing) has been enabled by default on Windows.
- OpenH264 support (sandboxed) has been added.
- A new CSP (Content Security Policy) backend was implemented.
- Support for connecting to HTTP proxies over HTTPS was implemented.
- Improved reliability of the session restoration.
- WebCrypto support has been enhanced: Added RSA-OAEP, PBKDF2 and AES-KW support, implemented wrapKey and unwrapKey, enabled import/export of JWK-formatted keys.
- Fixed several stability issues.
New in version 2.29 (September 8th, 2014)
- URLs that are too long to be shown completely appear in a tooltip now when hovering the location bar.
- Coloring of the location bar for HTTPS URLs can be disabled through Preferences now.
- Certain search engines can be discovered automatically now.
- The status bar padlock icon features a context menu now.
- You can now insert formulas in Composer using a dialog (LaTeX to MathML).
- Feed items can be tagged automatically according to feed category tags now.
- Searching within a message compose window will now display the find toolbar.
- The account name is now shown in the status bar when downloading messages from POP servers.
- Localizability of custom reply headers has been improved (mailnews.reply_header_* preferences).
- Contact autocompletion in message composition windows now searches for all terms separately (AND search).
- You can now search for contacts containing parentheses.
New in version 2.26 (May 2nd, 2014)
- The delimiter for forwarded messages can now be configured.
- An option to not strip signatures on reply has been added to prevent top signatures from deleting the body.
New in version 2.25 (March 20th, 2014)
- Newsgroup names can now be entered using autocompletion.
- See the changes page for a more complete overview.
New in version 2.24 (February 6th, 2014)
- The DoNotTrack and Prompt on Sanitize preferences are now kept in sync.
- A pref (mailnews.p7m_external) has been added to allow users to choose an alternate application/pkcs7-mime handling.
- Support for Atom Threading Extensions (RFC 4685) has been added.
- Migrating profiles from Thunderbird supports the new signons file format now (support for the old format has been dropped).
- Autocomplete drop-downs (e.g. used on the Location Bar and Open Location dialog) now show favicons for their entries.
- The account name is now displayed in the status bar for all messages when checking mail.
- IMAP alert messages now show the server of the corresponding mail account.
- Newsgroup names are now searched for all search strings combined (AND-search) on the subscribe dialog.
New in version 2.23 (December 12th, 2013)
- Download progress is now shown in the Mac OS X app dock icon.
- EXIF orientation is now being used when displaying attached images in MailNews.
- "This folder is being processed... to get messages." alerts on active MailNews folders now identify the account or folder.
- MailNews notifications have a new look.
New in version 2.22 (November 18th, 2013)
- Sorting messages by date can now be configured to look at the thread root instead of the newest message in it (pref: mailnews.sort_threads_by_root).
- Plugins doorhangers now allow to activate different plugin types independently.
- The proxy popup is now also available from the MailNews main window.
- A new Recipients column has been added that shows all recipients (To, CC, BCC).
- The default HTML5 audio/video player controls allow to change the playback rate now.
- A "Validate this page" entry has been added to Tools/Web Development.
- The Firefox devtools debugger can now be used to debug SeaMonkey remotely.
New in version 2.21 (September 18th, 2013)
- Implemented an option to thread messages received by date.
- Allowed deletion of news posts by default.
- Implemented optional taskbar preview-per-tab.
- Added support (permission prompt) for desktop notifications.
- Added Isn't operator for searching by Priority.
New in version 2.20 Beta 3 (July 31st, 2013)
- Some private windows appeared in the undo close window list (bug 887045).
- The Private Browsing shortcut key has been changed as it conflicted with spellcheck (bug 891081).
- Remote debugging did not work if any tabs had no title (bug 889352).
- Clicking on new mail notifcation opened two MailNews windows when no MailNews window was open (bug 840474).