November 4th, 2011
· This release brings ScribeFire up to speed with all of the improvements that have gone into ScribeFire Next over the last year.
November 24th, 2010
· Reverted to code from version 184.108.40.206 due to missing icon experienced by some users.
November 23rd, 2010
· Better compatibility with Firefox 4
· Custom icons for different platforms on Firefox 4
August 19th, 2010
· Fixed image uploading for Blogger.
July 1st, 2010
· Fixed broken image uploading for Blogger blogs
March 21st, 2010
· Made Zemanta tracking pixel only enabled via opt-in
· Fixed broken ja-JP and zh-TW locales.
· Fixed options button in add-ons manager.
· Fixed bug regarding invalid XHTML and Blogger.
· Fixed bug preventing spellcheck from working.
· Streamlined dialog that asks “API or FTP” when uploading an image.
· Making it clear when a blog (Livejournal) doesn’t support image uploads.
· Fixed bug with Unicode data coming from Livejournal (Cyrillic text)
· Fixed bug preventing local images from being uploaded if the user was using source view.
· Fixed bug preventing users from adding multiple wordpress.com blogs
February 1st, 2010New Features:
· Posterous blogs are now supported
· Custom fields in Wordpress are now supported
· Tumblr users can now designate posts as private
· Multiple Tumblr blogs can now be added
· Fixed bug caused by copy/pasting from Microsoft Word
· Fixed jump breaks (”Read more”) in Wordpress
November 9th, 2009
· Fixed support for adding multiple Tumblr blogs
· Fixed image uploading to Blogger blogs
August 31st, 2009
· Fixed bug that would repeatedly show password prompt if the user cancelled it.
· Fixed date selector to allow for years before 1980 to be selected.
· Worked around Wordpress bug to allow more than 15 pages to be shown in the Pages tab of the Entries tab.
August 10th, 2009
· Fixed bug preventing publishing in tab mode.
· Fixed bug that caused blank height="" and width="" attribtutes on images.
· Fixed bug causing custom HTML button to erase blog post contents.
July 20th, 2009
· Fixed security vulnerability in editor that could have led to an attacker gaining access to private data
· Fixed issue with Zemanta data; data from Zemanta is now retrieved while the computer is idle
June 11th, 2009
· Removed debugging alert message.
· Fixed display of tabs in Windows Vista.
· Changed settings dialog to be non-modal.
June 10th, 2009
· New styling to make ScribeFire fit in better with Firefox’s default theme
· Cleaned up the “About ScribeFire” frame
· The “Open in new window” checkbox in the “Add a link” dialog stays checked once you check it.
· Support for custom post slugs for Wordpress
· Settings can now be backed up and imported into other ScribeFire installations
· Made Settings into its own dialog
· Fixed Tumblr signup
· Fixed bugs with using tags
· Default font now stays selected
· Fixed bugs with Zemanta timeouts
· Various accessibility patches from Marco Zehe
May 13th, 2009
· Fix for a bug that caused a lot of users to get “Invalid username/password” errors when setting up a new blog
· Fixed a bug preventing new Xanga blogs from being added to ScribeFire
· Fix for newlines being stripped out and words running together when adding a custom HTML tag
· Fix for not being able to escape a blockquote after adding it in rich-text mode
· Fixed bug with the contents of tags being modified when switching between rich-text and code editors.
· Added compatibility with Firefox 3.5b4
April 19th, 2009
· Added InLinks to monetization panel
· Code cleanup
· Updated locales
· Removed MySpace support
· Fix for some Live Preview bugs
· Fix for "Not a valid JSON String" error
February 28th, 2009
· Monetization tab is empty now, pending some big changes
February 21st, 2009
· Fixed various error messages when using ScribeFire in window or tab mode
· Fixed pingbacks
· Fixed bug causing new accounts to not show up until ScribeFire was closed and reopened
· Fixed bug causing "Auto-save drafts as notes" to always be checked
February 15th, 2009
· Fixed a bug that broke publishing for some users.
February 9th, 2009New Features:
· Added "Related Images from Zemanta" feature. Quickly and easily add images to your posts by selecting "Find related images with Zemanta..." from the Image button in the editor toolbar.
· Added "Related Articles from Zemanta" feature. Add links to relevant articles to your post by clicking the "Zemanta Articles" button (the one after the YouTube button) on the editor toolbar.
· Streamlined editor toolbar with new icons
· Updated translations
· Switched to official Tumblr API for editing and deleting postss
· Fixed bug causing Blogger draft posts to appear to be published
· Fixed bug that doubly-encoded ampersands
· Fixed several bugs related to security and code injection
December 19th, 2008
· Fixed a critical image uploading bug on Windows
December 10th, 2008
· Fixed Tumblr account setup
· Added support for Movable Type categories
· Better auto-detection of TypePad blogs on custom domains
· Bug fix during note loading
· Fix for image uploading: it won't ask "API or FTP" if you haven't set up any FTP accounts
November 18th, 2008
· Fixed bug causing some users to see "Could not set up API Object for Blog type" error.
October 16th, 2008
· Fixed bug causing some users to see "Could not set up API Object for Blog type" error
October 15th, 2008
· Fixed bug causing "apiObject is null" error on startup.
October 15th, 2008
· Fixed bug causing "Error #101" when loading Blogger posts
· Fixed bug causing tag box not to appear
· Fixed bug preventing toolbar overflow menu from appearing
October 14th, 2008New Features:
· Rewrote methods that ScribeFire uses to store blogs and settings. (If you were accessing the performancing-*.xml files in the extensions directory of your Firefox profile, all of the data in these files has been moved into the scribefire.sqlite file in your profile directory.)
· Fixed bug preventing MySpace accounts from being added in the Account Wizard
· Fixed image uploading in "ScribeFire in a tab" mode
· Fixed bug where multiple ampersands (&) in a string would not all be converted to &.
· Updated Account Wizard to be able to auto-detect more types of blogs
· Fixed mismatched font and span tags when changing font in the editor
· Added workaround for Mozilla editor bug that prevents editor contents from being deleted until you've typed something.
· Fixed improper decoding of entities in saved notes
· Fixed image uploading for Blogger blogs hosted on custom domains
· Updated ScribeFire translations
September 19th, 2008
· Added detection of disabled XML-RPC in Wordpress. (This should fix many of the "Invalid username/password" errors users have been experiencing.)
· Fixed bug that causing ScribeFire to ignore line-breaks in preview mode
· Fixed bug when managing ads in tab or window mode
· Fixed bug with editor background in certain themes
· Fixed bug with incorrect earnings amount
· Updated ScribeFire to show a "What's New in this version" page after upgrading instead of just ScribeFire.com
September 9th, 2008New Features:
· QuickAds integration
· Tabbing from the subject now gives focus to the editor
· Added support for certain responses from LiveJournal is no longer converted to a blank space.
· Fix for https:// blogs
· Fixed validation of elements