New in version 2.1.0 RC2
November 25th, 2009
- The second release candidate from Sciret is out and we fixed several bugs which was reported or which we found self. We hope to get a stable release soon. Please help us with testing and report problems back to us whn possible. Also the translations need some love!
New in version 2.1.0 Beta (October 20th, 2009)
- This release adds support for article tags powered by AJAX autosuggestions, and adds a tag cloud to the home page.
- It replaces the MySQL fulltext search engine with Lucene.
- It adds support for PHP 5.3.
- It implements OpenID for logging in and for new registrations through OpenID's registration extension.
- Language files have been migrated to the standard Gettext format.
- A separate administration section has been created for admin users, containing the questions management, user management, and search index management areas.
New in version 2.0.0 (April 16th, 2009)
- Many parts of Sciret are complete rewritten.
- We introduced a new concept of navigation which will make Sciret more useful with many categories.
- Anti-Spam is included and also uploads can be checked for Viruses.
- Many other functions are added
New in version 2.0.0 RC4 (April 3rd, 2009)
- FCKeditor is back in Sciret as some users had problems after the upgrade with the new YUI RTE.
- A new admin only page is implemented which give the admin additional informations
New in version 2.0.0 RC3 (March 17th, 2009)
- When editing an article, you can link other articles to it. This will open a popup window to select such articles. As of this version, this popup provides easier navigation through the addition a categories filter and a search box.
New in version 2.0.0 RC1 (February 11th, 2009)
- Support for Internet Explorer 6 and Opera has been added.
- Several bugs have been fixed.
New in version 2.0.0-svn-r771 (November 7th, 2008)
- Zend Framework is now used. File uploads are scanned for viruses.
- Sciret now supports RSS feeds for categories.
- To scan articles for spam, a user can choose to use Akismet, TypePad AntiSpam, or Bad-Behavior.
- Sciret has enhanced navigation and usability.
- A "report article" function allows you to inform the administrators regarding non-compliant content.
- Support was added for social bookmarks like digg.
- The ability for users to register for an account was added.
- Questions can be disabled in the admin section.