November 25th, 2009
· The second release candidate from Sciret is out and we fixed several bugs which was reported or which we found self. We hope to get a stable release soon. Please help us with testing and report problems back to us whn possible. Also the translations need some love!
October 20th, 2009
· This release adds support for article tags powered by AJAX autosuggestions, and adds a tag cloud to the home page.
· It replaces the MySQL fulltext search engine with Lucene.
· It adds support for PHP 5.3.
· It implements OpenID for logging in and for new registrations through OpenID's registration extension.
· Language files have been migrated to the standard Gettext format.
· A separate administration section has been created for admin users, containing the questions management, user management, and search index management areas.
April 16th, 2009
· Many parts of Sciret are complete rewritten.
· We introduced a new concept of navigation which will make Sciret more useful with many categories.
· Anti-Spam is included and also uploads can be checked for Viruses.
· Many other functions are added
April 3rd, 2009
· FCKeditor is back in Sciret as some users had problems after the upgrade with the new YUI RTE.
· A new admin only page is implemented which give the admin additional informations
March 17th, 2009
· When editing an article, you can link other articles to it. This will open a popup window to select such articles. As of this version, this popup provides easier navigation through the addition a categories filter and a search box.
February 11th, 2009
· Support for Internet Explorer 6 and Opera has been added.
· Several bugs have been fixed.
November 7th, 2008
· Zend Framework is now used. File uploads are scanned for viruses.
· Sciret now supports RSS feeds for categories.
· To scan articles for spam, a user can choose to use Akismet, TypePad AntiSpam, or Bad-Behavior.
· Sciret has enhanced navigation and usability.
· A "report article" function allows you to inform the administrators regarding non-compliant content.
· Support was added for social bookmarks like digg.
· The ability for users to register for an account was added.
· Questions can be disabled in the admin section.