New in version 6.6
November 13th, 2014
- OpenAFS has been updated to version 1.6.10 from openafs.org
- Features a new ABI, this was a security errata so it should be available to earlier releases.
New in version 5.10 (November 12th, 2013)
- Scientific Linux 5.10 provides updated versions, specifically versions 5.1 and 5.5, of the MySQL packages as software collections. In order to migrate from MySQL 5.0 to 5.5, you must first update to MySQL 5.1. Note that the MySQL 5.1 packages are not supported and are provided only for the purposes of migration to MySQL 5.5. You should not use MySQL 5.1 on any of your production systems.
- As a result of this update, we will not issue any more security advisories for the MySQL 5.0 packages (mysql-5.0.* and related packages). Security advisories will be provided only for MySQL 5.5.
New in version 4.9 (April 22nd, 2011)
- Scientific Linux 4.9 contains almost 2 years of security and bug fixes. There are no new features or packages, but it is a nice stable release.
- Scientific Linux release 4.9 is based on the rebuilding of RPMS out of SRPMS's from Enterprise 4, including Update 9.
New in version 4.7 (September 4th, 2008)
- Scientific Linux 4.7 has been released. It doesn't have any exciting new features, it is just a nice, stable release. Scientific Linux release 4.7 is based on the rebuilding of RPMs out of SRPMs from Enterprise 4, including Update 7. It also includes all errata and bug fixes up until September 03, 2008.