New in version 2.8.4
July 2nd, 2015
- This release addresses two issues:
- 1432672 -- report cards omitting grades under certain circumstances;
- 1436881 -- comment dialog not working with certain browsers.
New in version 2.8.3 (November 12th, 2014)
- SchoolTool 2.8.3 contains a simple, long requested feature in SchoolTool -- easily customizable cascading style sheets so that you can change the color and branding of your SchoolTool instance.
- Also a couple attendance reports and fixes.
New in version 2.8.2 (October 15th, 2014)
- This release contains several new reports and a few bug fixes.
New in version 2.8.1 (August 27th, 2014)
- Contains many bugfixes and a few small new features.
New in version 2.6.1 (December 2nd, 2013)
- This addresses a number of small issues.
New in version 2.6 (October 18th, 2013)
- The latest SchoolTool release focuses on background processing of long-running tasks, improved report design, differentiated administrative roles and views, and many other enhancement and fixes throughout the application.
- SchoolTool 2.6 is available in the Ubuntu 13.10 Universe repository, as well as our development PPA for 12.04 LTS and 13.04.
New in version 2.4 (April 26th, 2013)
- New design of PDF reports
- Ability to render forms and tables to PDF
- Average, total and category weights in report sheets
- Enter scores in gradebook cells of comment activities
- Section roster, person profile, and resources reports
- Three new reports for CanDo
New in version 2.3 (October 24th, 2012)
- Update scheduled calendar event titles on section title change (https://launchpad.net/bugs/899368)
- Allow student’s instructors edit his contact’s data (https://launchpad.net/bugs/479336)
- Schedule for all terms at once (https://launchpad.net/bugs/1047266)
New in version 2.1 (April 27th, 2012)
- ID photos for people.
- Printable photo ID templates.
- Improved person search.
- Standard sets of gradebook activites for courses.
- Updated translations.
New in version 2.0.3 (March 23rd, 2012)
- This release includes person images, ID cards and improved group editing views.
New in version 1.6 (April 29th, 2011)
- The focus of this release was packaging and distribution. This may seem odd, but packaging is essential to SchoolTool -- our goal is to make it as easy as possible to get a web server running in a school anywhere in the world. Good packaging on a solid OS is essential for this and has already proven to be a valuable strategic asset.
- SchoolTool is now included in the Ubuntu Universe repository, which is enabled by default, so on Natty to install SchoolTool simply takes a "sudo apt-get install schooltool" or a visit to the Ubuntu Software Center.
New in version 1.5.3 (December 3rd, 2010)
- On Ubuntu Maverick (10.10), SchoolTool 1.5.3 contains one fix for calendar display and 6 weeks worth of translation updates.
- Maverick is now considered stable, new features will not be added to it.
- Development is targeting Natty now.
New in version 1.5.2 (October 13th, 2010)
- Activation of selected school year (https://launchpad.net/bugs/635160)
- Added “Add Multiple Persons” to Manage->Persons and “New Person” (for administration) to all other person views (https://launchpad.net/bugs/268127)
- Empty usernames no longer crash when adding a person (https://launchpad.net/bugs/644296)
- Replace access setting checkboxes with radio buttons (https://launchpad.net/bugs/638651)
- Fix security checks to let teachers edit learners and other section info if they have access rights.
- Add “View Person” action button in contact views (https://launchpad.net/bugs/635207)
- Update translations.
New in version 1.3 (January 8th, 2010)
- SchoolTool 1.3 contains changes necessary to make our Ubuntu packages completely compatible with Ubuntu Karmic.
New in version 1.2 (November 19th, 2009)
- This release includes Interventions, a system for setting and tracking goals for a student, numerous improvements to the Gradebook and the core SchoolTool framework.