New in version 14.9.0
September 12th, 2014
- Fix for Youtube.
- New option to shut down the computer when playback has finished.
- The themes and skin icons are loaded from resource files (*.rcc).
- New fix for searching subtitles from opensubtitles.org that should return more results.
New in version 14.3.0 (April 2nd, 2014)
- The control for fullscreen mode has been rewritten and improved. Now it is displayed over the video.
- (Windows) New option in Preferences -> Subtitles to enable or disable the use of the Windows font directory. Disabling this option prevents the annoying font scanning.
- Some presets have been added to the audio equalizer.
- (Experimental) Possibility to play (non-protected) blu-ray discs.
- Better support for multimedia keys. This can help control SMPlayer with a remote control.
- New option in the playlist preferences for adding automatically other files in the folder to the playlist.
- The option "Move the window when the video area is dragged" has been fixed.
- (Windows) Now it's possible to open Windows shortcuts (symlinks).
- Better support for Youtube.
- (Windows) Better screensaver disabling.
- Many bugfixes.
- Possibility to compile with Qt 5.
New in version 0.8.6 (August 17th, 2013)
- SMPlayer can now update its internal Youtube code so it's not necessary to update smplayer everytime Youtube makes a change.
- A section "Updates" has been added to the preferences dialog, where it's possible to configure or disable the update checker.
- SMPlayer could still fail to find some subtitles from opensubtitles.org. Hopefully this is fixed.
- Several other bugfixes.
New in version 0.8.5 (May 10th, 2013)
- Due to changes in opensubtitles.org, smplayer couldn't find subtitles anymore. This has been fixed.
- The interface with support for skins is now the default.
- An option to enter url(s) in the playlist has been added.
- The options to change the size of the main window work now even if the autoresize is set to never.
- Two new options for Audio -> Stereo mode: Mono and Reverse.
- The option "Move the window when the video area is dragged" is now disabled by default because it has some issues that need to be addressed.
- (Linux) The problem with mplayer2 and the -fontconfig option has been fixed (sort of).
- New translation: Malay.
- Some configuration options are changed to new defaults after installation to ease upgrade from old versions.
New in version 0.8.4 (March 25th, 2013)
- New option to select the fps for external subtitles.
- The video equalizer dialog has been rewritten.
- Now smplayer checks for updates automatically and notifies the user if a new version is found.
- Support for encoding ISO-8859-16 for subtitles.
- New translations: Thai and Hebrew.
- Some bugfixes.
New in version 0.8.3 (December 27th, 2012)
- Fix for Youtube playback.
New in version 0.8.1 (September 21st, 2012)
- Fix for Youtube playback.
- Other minor changes.
New in version 0.8.0 (April 6th, 2012)
- A toolbar editor has been added. Now it's possible to select the buttons and controls that want to appear in the toolbars.
- New video filters: gradfun, blur and sharpen.
- Now it's possible to change the GUI (default, mini, mpc) at runtime, no restart required.
- sub files from opensubtitles should work again.
- (Youtube) Recognize short urls (like this one: http://y2u.be/F5OcZBVPwOA).
- Better support for chapters in video files.
- Bug fix: remote m3u files work from the favorites menu or command line.
- Internal changes in the single instance option (switch to QtSingleApplication).
New in version 0.6.10 (December 29th, 2011)
- New vdpau configuration dialog, which allow to select the vdpau codecs to use.
- Port for eCS, OS/2 (by Silvan Scherrer).
- New menu to select the closed caption channel (requires mplayer >= r32607).
- Possibility to select the seeking method (absolute or relative).
- Possibility to sort the items of the playlist.