New in version 2.8.3
February 24th, 2015
- Removed root reminders for now because of kf5/qt5 compatibility (no "--caption" option support)
- I'll try to add them back if I find a way to do that. TIP: Setting a different theme/color scheme for root will help you distinguish root apps even without the reminders.
New in version 2.8.2 (January 29th, 2015)
- Using dbus-run-session, which is a better solution than dbus-launch.
- dbus-run-session is only available in dbus 1.8.x >, so the fix will only work with newer dbus releases, but the menu will still work with older versions (but the bug is obviously not fixed with that version).
New in version 2.8 (January 3rd, 2014)
- Reupload 2.7.4 as 2.8 since this version does not support KDE3 anymore (KDE3 files from version 2.7.3 are still included in the package for those that use KDE3).
New in version 2.7.2 (March 29th, 2012)
- Added Swedish translation
New in version 2.7.1 (April 28th, 2011)
- GHNS: Create servicemenu directory (if it doesn't exist) with the install script
- Added Slovene translation
New in version 2.7 (April 13th, 2011)
- Improve filemanager and texteditor fallbacks if xdg-mime fails to detect default applications
New in version 2.6.92 (January 28th, 2011)
- Bytesize bugfix to fix an issue with kdesu on KDE SC 4.6
New in version 2.6.90 (January 2nd, 2011)
- Added "Compress" menu option, brings up ark compression dialog (as root) to choose filename, format etc.
- NEW DEPENDENCY: ark
- Consider compress option a beta feature...all testing feedback welcome.
New in version 2.6 (November 25th, 2010)
- Fixed bug with default application detection on desktop files with kde4-prefix
New in version 2.6 Beta (September 14th, 2010)
- Use kde-cp and kde-mv (if available) instead of cp and mv (This should prevent accidental overwrites by bringing up KDE's overwrite dialog). If you prefer the old "noninteractive" behavior, change $CPDIALOGS to "false" in the rootactions-servicemenu.pl script (recommended for "advanced" users only)
- Some optimizations on the default application checks (removing redundancies)
- Refreshed requirements. xdg-utils is an optional requirement (default application checks need it, but the menu will work without it)
New in version 2.4.11 (September 2nd, 2010)
- Changed "terminal" icon to "utilities-terminal" in KDE4 desktop files (and krusader xml)...fixes missing icon in "open terminal here" action for KDE SC 4.5
- Also made KDE3 desktop files consistent in using Konsole icon
New in version 2.4.9 (February 16th, 2010)
New in version 2.4.8 (January 11th, 2010)
- Added Catalan translation
- Small XDG fixes on the .desktop files
New in version 184.108.40.206 (November 7th, 2009)
- Improved actions
- Added "open in filemanager" and "open in terminal" to the menu also when right-clicking on files, which will open the apps in the parent folder.
- (This should save a mouse-click when you would otherwise have to go up a directory to right-click on the folder)
- (220.127.116.11) Fixed KDE3-Konqueror version to open in konqueror instead of dolphin...my bad.
New in version 2.4.3 (April 7th, 2009)
- Added Russian translation
- Fixed a typo in Lithuanian translation in the .desktop files
- Minor changes in French translation
New in version 2.4.2 (March 19th, 2009)
- Added Serbian (latin & cyrillic) translations
New in version 2.4 (September 17th, 2008)
- Small improvements and translations
- Run kwrite as the editor if kate is not installed
- Hopefully fixed issue with KDE3/KDE4 dual installations (kde3 versions of programs run on kde4)
- Fixed icon names for the KDE4 menus (thanks to Andrzej Szelachowski)
- Added Czech translation
- Updated Dutch translation