February 8th, 2009
· New roadmap icon, designed by fmiser/Philip from the roadmap mailing list. Thanks Philip!!!
· Support for building .rdm data from OpenStreetMap country snapshots, in addition to quadtiles. Preparatory work for allowing navigation using those maps. (Danny Backx)
· New 'V' key-binding to create waypoint from current GPS position.
· Refactored the documentation into more files for easier maintenance. Switched to "txt2tags" (from "aptconvert") for generating online copies of docs.
· Added "advanced style" support, which adds many new line types etc. Currently still disabled via ifdef.
· Allow fatal message popups that occur very early to actually be seen. (Previously we were exiting before they were made visible.
· Added license message to About menu.
· Added ability to suppress on-screen errors entirely. (Joshua Layne)
· Added ability to auto-build makefile dependencies.
· Many source files now support doxygen format function and file headers.
· Added commandline arguments for setting the system and user config, and the icon path.
· RoadGPS console now shows sun and moon positions. (from Morten Bek)
· Tooltips now include key-binding help.
· Added support for OLPC XO laptop, in the form of scripts to bundle RoadMap as an activity.
· Allow suppressing the "Lost Satellite" message with a timeout parameter.
· Resurrection of WinCE support, from Danny Backx (uses minw32ce). Includes GPS autodetection, and CAB files for installation.
· Added several revisions' worth of support for Apple iPhone and iPod, from Morten Bek.
· Remove many redundant repaints, for better performance on slower machines.
· Preserve label, dynamic orientation, and 2D/3D preferences. (Joshua Layne)
· Add timeout which allows map to stop tracking the GPS after a short delay if it's now off-screen. (Useful when you pan away from the GPS, to stop the map from continuing to move.)
· Rationalized the units used for storing and passing altitude.
· Improve handling of GPS devices that come and go.
· Added GPS time to GPS console screen.
· Merged RoadGPS functionality into RoadMap, so separate executable is no longer necessary (though still available).
· "North Up" is now the default mode. It's much more efficient.
· Code can now more easily destroy previously displayed message boxes.
· Can now handle many more satellites, and satellites with bigger ID numbers, in RoadGPS.
· Fixed issue with new fields appearing in gpsd2 protocol sentences. We should now be tolerant of such changes in the future.
· Improved handling of messages that pop up when the GPS reception is poor.
· Added ability to scale sprites, either individually, or all at once.
· Added font size control for RoadGPS.
· config files can now have CR ('
') characters at end of line.
· Added ability to disable progress bar display, and configure its delay.
· Improved efficiency of map paths specified with "/..." -- the trees are now only walked when needed.
· Make the screen much more responsive when lengthy rendering is in progress. User "type-ahead" (or "mouse-ahead") can now interrupt rendering.
· Added a progress bar to show expected duration of lengthy repaints.
· Small optimizations to how often the screen is refreshed.
· New support for "overrides.mk" file allows build preferences to be specified without editing any distributed files.
· New "--user" and "--icons" command-line arguments to accompany "--config" and "--maps". If specified, the values of the "--icons" and the "--config" options are passed to roadgps when it is started, so that it can find its config and icons in the same places.
· Modify what what focus is saved on shutdown -- if the focus is GPS, then preserve it, otherwise, "hold" the screen at the current center, and preserve that.
· New key bindings, for full-screen toggle (F11) and to handle the special keys on the XO (OLPC) laptop.
· Fixed problems resulting when flite not installed. Initial localization support, ported from editor branch by Alessandro Briosi. (*)
· Reorder latitude/longitude fields in Find-->Position dialog, to better match common practice. Added in-dialog syntax help as well.
· Properly render fully-shaped TIGER polygons. Polygons with holes, and overlapping polygons, may still not render correctly.
· Screenshots (where supported) are now named with date/time.
· Various QT/QT4/QPE4 fixes from Junqian Gordon Xu and Alessandro Briosi.
· Added support for building .rdm files from OpenStreetMap data. See (temporary) README.osm for usage details.
· Validate value of AGG selection during build. Fix misleading text in README regarding AGG selection.
· Rearrange options processing slightly so standard toolkit options can be discovered (e.g. "-sync").
· Fix bug which flipped sign of some lat/lon values between 0 and -1 degrees.
· Improved aesthetic in roadgps, from Alessandr Briosi.
· Added ability to add text (with optional outline box) to a sprite, either directly, or via a screen object that can provide dynamic text values.
· Added minimal "mapinfo" action, which reports dimensions and location of current map view. (Help-->Map Parameters)
· Support for overlay rendering of externally-provided polygon objects. (Pascal Martin).
· Support for VII location protocol. (Pascal Martin)