New in version 0.32 Beta 3
November 25th, 2014
New in version 0.32 Beta 2 (October 20th, 2014)
- As you might imagine the biggest improvement in this release is that resetting windows password, promoting a windows user to Administrador and unlocking a windows user uses the latest version of chntpw which makes easier and more safe to add users to the admin group. It also fixes a bug that prevented a promoted admin user to be demoted from windows.
- The other big improvement is that lilo is being used instead of syslinux so that you can finally solve this:
- grub rescue>
- ( grub rescue > ) problems when you remove GNU/Linux partition from Windows itself. Unfortunately that only works if Windows boot partition is in the first hard disk. This is the Restore Windows MBR option which it’s going to be still BETA till many of you report me that it works ok. The difference is that the old version did break working Windows seven (and probably others) boot when used. So that it’s fixed.
- There is not Super Grub2 Disk available from boot menu but, as you can see per, the pending bugs there will be one.
- Finally you can boot Rescatux from Super Grub2 Disk thanks to its loopback.cfg file which I hope will be accepted upstream in Debian Live soon although they seem to be busy with Jessie freeze.
- In the development arena I have removed old scripts and add new build folders so that everything is easier to understand when developing Rescatux.
- This release is very needed so that we can all test this new 140201 chntpw version before I release the stable version in probably less than three months. So please report any bug if you find them. So, contrary to other versions I encourage to download it so that we can debug it.
- I almost forgot that we have a new background for you to enjoy!
New in version 0.32 Beta 1 (June 16th, 2014)
- Fixed bugs:
- Networking detection improved (fallback to network-manager-gnome)
- Bottom bar does not have a shorcut to a file manager as it’s a common practice in modern desktops. Fixed when falling back to LXDE.
- Double-clicking on directories on desktop opens Iceweasel (Firefox fork) instead of a file manager. Fixed when falling back to LXDE.
- Super Grub2 Disk is no longer included. That makes easier to put the ISO to USB devices thanks to standard multiboot tools which support Debian Live cds.
- Rescapp UI has been redesigned
- Every option is at hand at the first screen.
- Rescapp options can be scrolled. That makes it easier to add new options without bothering on final design.
- Run option screen buttons have been rearranged to make it easier to read.
- RazorQT has been replaced by LXDE which seems more mature. LXQT will have to wait.
- WICD has been replaced by network-manager-gnome. That makes easier to connect to wired and wireless networks.
- It is no longer based on Debian Unstable (sid) branch.
New in version 0.31 Beta 5 (December 1st, 2013)
- Fixed bugs:
- Hard disk detection was improved when non standard partitions such as LVM or encrypted ones are present.
- Internal improvement:
- Added cryptsetup packages to default build so that we can mount LUKS partitions later.
New in version 0.31 Beta 4 (August 14th, 2013)
- Better handle of /boot/grub2 in Fedora installations when running grub-install or update-grub options
- Update Grub should work in any Grub2 system (previous version only worked on Debian or Ubuntu distributions)
- New option: Promote a Windows user to Administrator
- XFE is the new file manager instead of qtfm
- New option: Unlock a Windows user to re-enable it
- LVM and RAID support for Restore Grub and Update Grub options (It seems it already worked from 0.30.2)
New in version 0.31 Beta 3 (June 12th, 2013)
- Razor-qt desktop was updated from 4.x version to 5.x version
- Added a frame so that embedded webpage is seen inside a grey square.
- Now xchat nickname shows Rescapp version so that accurate help can be given in the chat.
- Added the following expert tools:
- Rearranged as an expert tool:
- Added these CLI programs for experts:
New in version 0.30.2 (November 20th, 2012)
- A major bug concerning the Kernel selection on boot (64bit or 32bit) has been fixed in this release. If you have Rescatux 0.30 or Rescatux 0.30rc1 please check Rescatux 0.30 64bit kernel not being select ok Bug for a way of workarounding the bug without having to download again the iso.