New in version 1.7.3
November 11th, 2013
- Jump to a specific date on startup with "--date 2013-10-31" on the commandline (Rob Norris).
- Display current date in the title bar (Rob Norris).
- Support inserting multiple pictures in one step.
- Add DejaVu Sans as font fallback for clouds and preview.
- Fix setting last image directory for insert dialog.
- Only allow exporting selected text if we are in edit mode (lp:1221792).
New in version 1.7.2 (July 3rd, 2013)
- Show error if saving fails due to a directory not being created.
- Ignore hashtags starting with more than one #.
- Fix: Allow inserting files and pictures from the "recently used" section (lp:1195759).
New in version 1.7.0 (March 1st, 2013)
- Allow filtering exported days by tags (Alistair Marshall).
- Add option to export only the currently selected text (Alistair Marshall).
- Move spellcheck option from preferences to edit menu and add F7 shortcut (Alistair Marshall).
- Enable spellchecking on Windows. See help for adding custom dictionaries.
- Better error message for invalid markup.
- Show warning if no directory is selected before clicking the "Open" button when choosing a journal directory.
- Gracefully handle BadStatusLines when checking for new versions.
- Do not try to set file permissions on Windows where they are unavailable.
- Fix hide-from-cloud for words containing backslashes (LP:1131412).
- Fix relative file links on Windows.
- Code: Switch from optparse to argparse (Alistair Marshall).
New in version 1.6.6 (January 23rd, 2013)
- Edit templates in RedNotebook directly. Preview and use the Insert and Format toolbar menus before inserting a template.
- Support relative image links like [""my_pic"".jpg].
- Add Ctrl+Return shortcut for adding manual linebreaks.
- Let all toolbar menus always open the menu before performing an action.
- Change Go-To-Today shortcut to Alt+Home (Ctrl+Home moves cursor to the start of the text).
- Do not allow choosing an empty name for templates.
- Do not parse #include as a hashtag.
- Add info about network drives to help text.
- Fix help text about links to local directories.
- Fix: Let categories pane use new infobar notifications (LP:1098625).
New in version 1.6.5 (December 27th, 2012)
- Add menu item for clearing the text format.
- Add toolbar menus "Insert" and "Format" to main menu for better accessibility and HUD integration.
- Only show keyboard shortcuts in main menu, not in toolbar menus.
- Use selected text as link name when a new link is inserted.
- When an image or file is inserted, use selected text as the name of the link.
- Format selected text as header when a header is inserted.
- Convert selected text to a list when a list is inserted.
- Select title after it has been inserted to allow for easy editing.
- Change file permissions so that journal files are only readable by the user.
- Windows: Restore slider positions after opening RedNotebook from the tray.
- Windows: Support non-ascii installation paths.
New in version 1.6.4 (December 27th, 2012)
- Never include previous RedNotebook backups in new backups.
- Add strikethrough shortcut Ctrl+K.
- By default don't switch between edit and preview mode automatically.
- Add experimental support for irc protocol.
New in version 1.6.3 (December 6th, 2012)
- Fix: Don't interpret URLs with non-empty paths as local links.
New in version 1.6.2 (November 19th, 2012)
- Add option for automatically switching between edit and preview mode to preferences.
- Since debian doesn't have a python2 symlink, try to run python2.7 and python2.6 in the run script.
- Use PNG image in about dialog (SVG support is broken in Windows version).
New in version 1.6.1 (November 13th, 2012)
- Allow specifying the width when inserting an image.
- Add relative links: Relative paths [myfile image.jpg] is automatically transformed to /path/to/journal/image.jpg.
- Use smarter regular expression for finding hashtags in the text.
- Give focus to link box when the link dialog opens.
- Hide tag panel by default.
- Adapt introductory and help texts for hashtags.
- Break search results at newlines.
- Fix: When searching for multiple tags, only add a single result for every hit.