New in version 4.12
September 12th, 2013
- New modules and some significant new features were added.
- Bugs were fixed. The new modules are AuthBy DUO for Duo Security's two-factor authentication and AuthBy DIAMETER for sending DIAMETER authentication and accounting requests to Diameter servers.
- Significant new features include more IPv6 support, with a IPV6_V6ONLY socket option for controlling IPv6 listen sockets and CIDR notation for defining IPv6 RADIUS Clients.
- This release has been tested to work with RSA Authentication Manager 8.0.
New in version 4.11 (December 15th, 2012)
- Some significant new features were added and some bus were fixed.
- This release adds support for authentication via the 3M Standard Interchange Protocol 2 as used in 3M's Automated Circulation Systems (ACS) for book libraries.
- It adds a new module AuthBy HEIMDALDIGEST with example configuration and test setup instructions.
- It authenticates from Heimdal Kerberos.
New in version 4.10 (June 28th, 2012)
- Some significant new features were added, and a number of bugs were fixed.
- New features include support for EAP-PWD as per RFC 5931, a new AuthBy RATELIMIT module which can be used to limit the maximum number of requests per second that will be served.
- An early release of the AuthBy SAML2 module was included.
- This module fetches Moonshot/SAML2 Assertions for an (already authenticated) user from a Identity Provider (IdP) and puts the assertion in a SAML-AAA-Assertion reply item.
New in version 4.9 (October 3rd, 2011)
- This version provides several new features and a number of bugfixes.
- A new AuthBy FIDELIOHOTSPOT module provides hotel guest authentication by Fidelio and prepaid session times billed to the user's room by Fidelio.
- It supports various hotspots such as Mikrotik, Open-Mesh, etc.
- It replaces goodies/fidelio-hotspot-hook.pl as the preferred method of providing prepaid sessions billed to room by Fidelio.
- A new module AuthBy SQLAUTHBY looks up how to authenticate each user based on information in an SQL database.
New in version 4.8 (April 28th, 2011)
- A number of minor new features were added and a number of bugs were fixed.
- New features include support for Novell eDirectory NMAS (Novell Modular Authentication System).
- The SNMP agent now supports RFC4669 (RADIUS Authentication Server MIB for IPv6) and RFC4671 (RADIUS Accounting Server MIB for IPv6).
- Many dictionary updates.
New in version 4.7 (August 11th, 2010)
- A number of new features and minor bug fixes were added.
- Support was added for Django style passwords.
- A potential memory leak with EAP-TLS was fixed.
- Support was added for building a WiFi hotspot with, for example, MikroTik, which authenticates against Micros-Fidelio Opera hotel management system and permits the user to purchase WiFi internet access in blocks of 24 hours which are billed to the user's room through Opera.
- Improvements were made to AuthBy RSAAM for interoperation with AM 7.1 SP3.
New in version 4.5 (October 27th, 2009)
- Support for some significant new features was added, including Yubikey tokens from Yubico and HOTP (RFC 4226) one-time-passwords.
- A number of minor bugs were fixed.
New in version 4.4 (March 11th, 2009)
- A number of bugs were fixed.
- Some new features were added.
- There were improvements to WiMAX and RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 support.