December 20th, 2012
· The new major feature in SimpleWelcome is possibility to group icons and preview of applications included in the group. The "Welcome" tab got the possibility to pin icons to their positions. And the icon size will be definitely appreciated by touchpad users.
· The KLook tool was extended with possibility to work with remote file systems using SMB, FTP, WebDav and other popular protocols. The image rendering quality was significantly improved.
· A memory leak was eliminated in StackFolder when working with large images. Detailed documentation was added which describes stack features and integration with KLook.
· Several issues affecting stability were fixed in ROSA Media Player. The application got a new theme that made it even more attractive.
December 8th, 2012
· Among the changes implemented by company engineers especially for the release candidate of ROSA Desktop 2012, one should highlight significant updates in the semantic desktop tool (TimeFrame) and improvements in the GRUB2 boot loader. And GRUB2 modifications have been already accepted by upstream.
· Experiments with design were continued, as well. They concerned both general graphics theme and standalone applications, as well as dozens of new icons. Thanks to the work done, the system obtained more modern appearance and was even favored with review from designers of Art. Lebedev Studio.
· The Release candidate includes fresh versions of major system components and user software. It is the emphasis on fresh software versions that makes the major distinction between ROSA Desktop 2012 and other items from the company's product line.
October 25th, 2012New features:
· EFI/UEFI support which was included in Alpha2 as an experimental option is now integrated in the main system.
· Added "Install in basic mode" boot menu item to allow launching ROSA Desktop 2012 installer on almost any hardware.
· Added components necessary to enable hibernating.
· Added services to improve compatibility of ROSA Desktop 2012 with Windows 8.
· Improved work of services responsible for hardware detection.
· Implemented automated update of Grub2 menu when installing/removing kernels.
· New version of 2Safe cloud storage desktop client with redesigned user interface and lots of bug fixes.
· Reduced system boot time.
· Interface language of user-level applications (e.g., Firefox Internet browser) now corresponds to system-wide settings selected by user when installing the system.
· Solved issue with incorrect rendering of some fonts.
· Fixed issue with launching programs that require administrative privileges.
· Fixed issue with high power consumption on mobile devices.
October 11th, 2012
· Major changes from the first Alpha release include basic UEFI support and update of key system components and user applications. We have also significantly improved functionality of ROSA brand-name applications: SimpleWelcome, RocketBar, StackFolder, KLook and TimeFrame.
· Kernel 3.5.5
· dracut 23
· KDE Plasma Desktop 4.9.2
· LibreOffice 3.6.2
· Firefox 15
· Thunderbird 15
· SimpleWelcome 2
· TimeFrame 2