New in version 0.85.6
January 3rd, 2012
- More work for string buffer safety
- Reverted v0.85.5 change of not allowing deathmatch and coop cvars to be set at the same time (was reported for possibility of causing compatibility issues with mods)
- Several cleanups/changes in the cvar layer
- Minor SDL video fixes.
New in version 0.85.5 (December 26th, 2011)
- SDL input driver updated, adding native keymap and dead key support to the console
- Fixed a crash in net play in maps with extended limits
- Verified successful compilation using gcc-4.6.x
- Added workaround against GL texture flicker (z fighting), controlled by new cvar 'gl_zfix'
- Read video variables early so that a vid_restart isn't necessary after init
- mlook and lookspring fixes
- Added support for loading external entity files, controlled by new cvar 'external_ents'
- Made mp3 playback to allocate system memory instead of zone
- Some updates to the progs interpreter code
- Fixed r_nolerp_list parsing code of fitzquake
- Made sure that deathmatch and coop are not set at the same time
- Several code updates from uHexen2 project, several code cleanups.
New in version 0.85.4 (March 30th, 2011)
- Implemented music (OGG, MP3, WAV) playback
- A better fix for the infamous SV_TouchLinks problem, no more hard lockups with maps such as "whiteroom"
- Added support for mouse buttons 4 and 5
- Fixed the "unalias" console command
- Restored the "screen size" menu item
- Fixed an erroneous protocol check in the server code
- Raised the default zone memory size to 384 kb
- Raised the default max_edicts from 1024 to 2048
- Revised lit file loading: the lit file must be from the same game directory as the map itself or from a searchpath with a higher priority
- Bumped array size of sv_main.c::localmodels from 5 to 6 fixing an old fitzquake-0.85 bug which used to cause segfaults depending on the compiler
- Fixed rest of the compiler warnings
- Other minor sound and cdaudio updates
- Other, mostly user-invisible changes
New in version 0.85.3 (September 24th, 2010)
- Fix the dedicated server feature and add platform specific networking code
- Several other important networking fixes
- Add a slider for status bar transparency, now marginally transparent by default
- Fix player messaging in a few places
- Connect status bar size to the scale slider
- Add a "prev weapon" menu item
- Add a persistent history feature
- Other bug-fixes
New in version 0.85.2 (May 5th, 2010)
- Replace the old "Screen size" slider with a "Scale" slider
- Don't constantly open and close condebug log
- Fix map name sorting
- Block/Unblock sound upon focus loss/gain
- A few moderate bug-fixes (mostly for networking)
- Accept commandline options like "+connect ip:port"