New in version 3.1
October 8th, 2013
- This version fixes bugs in retrieving NUMBER types from NTYs and provided additional error handling for internal object/NTY APIs.
- DBI options affecting numeric value retrieval are now enforced on NTY equally as with all other places in the driver.
New in version 3.0 (July 31st, 2013)
- Thie version includes support for LONG columns (used in system catalogs), support for Oracle Advanced Queuing, and many bugfixes.
New in version 2.2 (October 29th, 2012)
- This version adds major new features when built against Qore 0.8.6+, including support for the new DBI option API, support for the new arbitrary-numeric data type, and the ability to set server-side timezone rules in the client to ensure proper date/time support when communicating with a DB server in a different time zone.
- Additionally, several important bugfixes were made.
New in version 2.0 (December 27th, 2010)
- support for Qore's prepared statement API with Qore 0.8.1+
- object and collection support courtesy of ocilib (http://orclib.sourceforge.net/), note that ocilib was highly modified to be usable in this module, mostly due to the fact that we use a separate environment data structure for each connection to ensure maximum thread scalability - the Oracle docs say that all operations on an environment handle or any handle derived from an environment handle (i.e. statement handles, etc) must be either wrapped in a mutex (when initialized with OCI_NO_MUTEX) or will be wrapped in a mutex by oracle (with OCI_THREADED and without OCI_NO_MUTEX). collections of collections of object, etc are supported
- support for binding and retrieving ROWID column values
- fixed retrieving NUMBER values with over 30 digits
New in version 1.3 (July 3rd, 2010)
- This version fixes a bug with setting and reading time zone information from TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE and TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE columns when compiled with Qore 0.8.0+.
- A bug with reading and setting fractional seconds with date/time values was fixed.
New in version 1.2 (June 18th, 2010)
- Updated to Qore 0.8.0 APIs to support Datasource::execRaw() and DatasourcePool::execRaw() as well as binding and retrieving time zones in date/time values, and to support microsecond resolution in timestamp values.