New in version 0.24 Beta 2
April 2nd, 2012
- Fixes to path handling, particularly for the "any url/file" type field. These should not affect Linux users - the mods. are to permit use of backslashes in filenames on Windows machines. You can, for example, create a button that opens a directory with MS explorer, Nautilus etc. I am informed that the bug on the Ubuntu Unity desktop described below is not fixed in the 12.04 beta release.
New in version 0.24 Beta 1 (December 19th, 2011)
- Shift-F5 keyboard shortcut added: Opens search dialogue ready for a text search. Keyboard focus handling improved for more convenient operation on laptops. Search dialogues have new checkbox labelled 'Switch': If checked there will be a switch to the hit-list selected for search results when the dialogue closes.
New in version 0.23 Beta 3 (November 8th, 2011)
- Command line parameters can now be given under Define-Configure (for external mp3 player, web-browser etc.). For Windows users, exe build scripts improved.
New in version 0.23 Beta 2 (October 24th, 2011)
- Minor change to make menu work ok with Unity desktop (tested on Ubuntu 11.10). For windows users, revised scripts for producing a stand-alone exe.
New in version 0.23 Beta 1 (August 29th, 2011)
- This is the first beta release, produced after much fine tuning. There are still some greyed out features that are not completed, but the core functions work well. Fields can now be opened for editing by double clicking with the mouse. Functions for re-assigning fields and records, and for deleting empty fields and records, are now available. WARNING: the note below about faulty versions of PyQt4 (e.g in Ubuntu 11.04) still applies!
New in version 0.20 Alpha 3 (July 11th, 2011)
- Update includes new features such as field types for audio (e.g. mp3) and pdf files.
- Improved unicode support for import and export of data via text files.
New in version 0.20 Alpha 2 (July 4th, 2011)
- Fixes a minor bug (hour-glass cursor instead of pointer).
New in version 0.13 Alpha 5 (May 27th, 2011)
- Various minor mods and bug fixes to allow Qercus to run properly on more operating systems. Tested on Ubuntu 11.04, Kubuntu 11.04, Windows XP and Windows 7/64. Scripts for creating Windows .exe builds now also supplied in the .zip file (.exe build not supplied).
New in version 0.13 Alpha 4 (March 21st, 2011)
- One minor bug fix. Added 'tree' button to make it easier to find parents or children of currently-displayed record.