January 15th, 2013
· This is yet another major update which comes with a number of cool new features, synced with MAME/MESS/UME 0.148.
· Probably the most attractive new feature is the aforementioned arcade mode, a.k.a. QMC2 Arcade.
February 7th, 2012
· fix: general bug fixes
· imp: improved functionality
· new: newly added functionality
· wip: (incomplete) work in progress
· doc: documentation changes
· inf: informational only
January 6th, 2011
· The major focus of this version is clean support for Qt 4.7.
· The most important changes include major improvements for the emulator embedder to cleanly work with Qt 4.7 and to fix existing/known bugs with regard to auto-maximization, emulator focus, and mixed/concurrent joystick control, support for XML data that contains Unicode characters, ROMAlyzer fixes (interpret verifications through chdman as file integrity checks only), and improvements and support for additional/new XML data.
November 2nd, 2010
· Updated files for QMC2 0.2.b17 have been uploaded due to a small/minor but probably annoying bug which was discovered shortly after its initial release.
August 2nd, 2010
· Reached the 5,000 images for "Scores" and 1,000 for "How To"!
· The category "Versus", left a bit 'by the last round has been completely overhauled (with some pictures deleted because it met the requirements to belong to this collection).
· Thorough review of category "Bosses" were added to 120 pictures and 10 more have been updated.
· Many images "InGame" updated, suggested by Smitdogg and SWOS.
· Review all images of games that use the driver "aristmk4.c": 15 games in total.
· Once the work on the games "parent" for the category "Scores". Is now complete.
· Review all images of games that use the driver "vsnes.c": 51 games in total (the colors were recently revised).
June 19th, 2009
· Integrated (mini) web browser based on QtWebKit (with just a subset of typical browser features), including HTTP proxy support and a simple download manager
· MAME variants only: new MAWS lookup feature as an additional game detail tab, including on-disk and in-memory caching of MAWS pages (this is using the global browser functionality intensively, but adds some optimizations to speed things up)
· Free reordering & (de)activation of all available game/machine details
· Qt 4.5.0+ required now (Qt 4.5.1 recommended)
· On Windows, the executables (qmc2-emulator.exe) now include the respective application icon to make it look nicer in the Explo(r|d)er :)
· General layout face lift for all UIs (especially smaller layout content margins, and some fixed minor UI bugs)
· The option dialog now uses scrollable content to make it better suited for small resolution displays
· A few (more or less important) bug fixes
April 26th, 2009
· Support for Windows (Win32) and the original MAME and MESS variants as well as MAMEUIFX32
· ROMAlyzer: support for CHD v4, skip unsupported CHD formats
· Main widget layout improvements to allow for even more flexibility
· Updated template format to support directories and files (the emulator configuration now includes browse buttons for those options)
· Allow user to enable/disable double-click activation in game/machine lists
· Show sort indicator in game/machine list headers and let the user change the sort criteria & order by clicking an applicable column header
· Selectable tab positions (north, south, west, east) for the main widget -- can be changed via context menus of these tab widgets
· Support for additional artwork (cabinets, controllers, marquees and titles)
· Print statistical ROM state information to front end log after game/machine list reload and ROM state checks
March 9th, 2009
· Full device support through the new MESS device configurator for SDLMESS.
· New ROM state toggles in the main widget (including new remappable shortcuts).
· ROMalyzer improvements.
· Parent image fallback.
· Display of game/machine descriptions in preview and flier images.
· A vertical game/machine status indicator.
· All QMC2 variants are now separately configured within the settings while cloning an existing configuration of the other variant (as far as is meaningful).
· There are many bugfixes.
January 5th, 2009
· fix: startup crash on the creation of the template configuration map under certain circumstances (see tracker #2201714)
· fix: worked around a minor Phonon issue with duplicate metaDataChanged() signals
· imp: SDLMAME options template updated to 0.128u7 (corrected default value for audio_latency, revised several option descriptions, removed remapjoys and remapjoyfile, added new options joy_idx1 - joy_idx8)
· imp: updated template format to include the template's emulator name (new format version 0.2.1)
· imp: ROMAlyzer: determine ROM file CRC identification troubles in ZIPs, log warnings and set the file status to bad in such a case (in contrast to not found as before)
· imp: code cleanup: changed several macro definitions to be consistent within QMC2's namespace
· imp: build: added new make options DISTCC, DISTCC_CC & DISTCC_CXX (uses a distributed compiler such as distcc or icecc if DISTCC is set to 1 - check/set DISTCC_CC / DISTCC_CXX if enabled!)
· imp: slightly improved welcome dialog (logo, button icons and layout)
· imp: build: preserve existing system-wide configuration (usually /etc/qmc2/qmc2.ini) on make install
· imp: build: avoid overwriting the Makefile when qmake is accidently called standalone (the project file now sets QMAKE_MAKEFILE to Makefile.qmake)
· imp: build: allow pretty compile output (doesn't work for RCC yet due to a qmake bug) - enabled per default, use make PRETTY=0 to disable
· imp: build: splitted CCACHECMD into CCACHE_CC & CCACHE_CXX
· imp: build: use the same qmc2.pro project file for both debug and release builds (adding CONFIG settings dynamically on qmake call)
· imp: ROMAlyzer: log more CHD v3 header information (CHD tag, writable flag and parent's MD5/SHA1 checksums, if applicable)
· imp: ROMAlyzer: if romof is set in a game's XML data, but the file to merge is missing from this data (= merge attribute is empty), recursively search for the name of the current game's ROM file instead - MAME does exactly this in these rare cases (example: sfiiin)
· imp: ROMAlyzer: produce better status and log information on CHDs that were not found
· imp: allow higher values for gamelist responsiveness - setting this value higher than the total number of games will usually allow for less than 2 seconds of gamelist processing (at the expense of a more or less unresponsive GUI during reload, of course)
· imp: updated XML game info parser to support all current game/machine settings from MAME/MESS
· imp: many [Frontend] settings moved to [MAME] and [MESS] sections (automatically converted if the previous version is less than 0.2.b6)
· imp: code cleanup: make class and variable names emulator independent (i.e. use EmulatorOptions instead of MameOptions)
· new: added new SDLMESS options template (see data/opt/SDLMESS/template.xml, initial version 0.128)
· new: experimental support for SDLMESS (status: very basic and no device support yet)
· new: added plugin helper sample script for emulator startup interception (see scripts/plugin_helper.sh)
· new: all UI files regenerated with Qt 4.4's designer - Qt 4.4.0+ promoted as the new required version, although you may still be able to build it using Qt 4.3 in the short term - Qt 4.3 is no longer supported!
· new: added tab icons for all main widget functions
· new: ROM status export tool with support for ASCII, CSV and HTML output formats - can output to file or clipboard
· doc: added Q2.10 to FAQ
· doc: added Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid) as an officially tested distribution to the FAQ (see Q1.7.1)
· doc: added Fedora release 10 as an officially tested distribution to the FAQ (see Q1.7.3)
· doc: added openSUSE 11.1 as an officially tested distribution to the FAQ (see Q1.7.2)
October 20th, 2008
· Support for MAME's output notifications via a named pipe (SDLMAME 0.127+ required).
· The emulator control panel has been changed to a multi-column tree widget to display MAME output notifications online.
· Individual joystick axes can be enabled/disabled at will.
· There is a built-in audio player to support background music playback, and the Boolean emulator option values true and false are now also translatable.