New in version 0.42
January 31st, 2014
- This version is in sync with MAME/MESS 0.152 (released earlier today) and contains a number of major performance improvements, especially for the loading of cached data. Despite the performance improvements, we also have a few important stability fixes this time, and Qt 5 support has been greatly improved as well (we still recommend Qt 4.8, though)
New in version 0.41 (November 9th, 2013)
- fix: QMC2 Arcade: disabled GTK style related work-around for Mac OS X
- fix: foreign emulator support: the selection of a foreign emulator in the system’s configuration wasn’t correctly honored on emu-launch
- imp: template-map check: switched the order in which differing default values are logged (the expected value is shown first now, the second value is the one from the currently active template)
- imp: QMC2 Arcade / ToxicWaste theme: updated cabinet overlay image made by Jacques Châtelet (JacKc), added auto-stopping of animation and wave effect when emulators are running
- imp: new logo images for all QMC2 variants, also by Jacques Châtelet (JacKc)
- imp: improved key-sequence and joystick-function scanners
- new: QMC2 Arcade: added support for key-sequence mapping
- new: QMC2 Arcade: added support for digital joysticks (mapping their functions to key-sequences)
- doc: completed all man-pages
New in version 0.38 (January 15th, 2013)
- This is yet another major update which comes with a number of cool new features, synced with MAME/MESS/UME 0.148.
- Probably the most attractive new feature is the aforementioned arcade mode, a.k.a. QMC2 Arcade.
New in version 0.35 (February 7th, 2012)
- fix: general bug fixes
- imp: improved functionality
- new: newly added functionality
- wip: (incomplete) work in progress
- doc: documentation changes
- inf: informational only
New in version 0.2 Beta 18 (January 6th, 2011)
- The major focus of this version is clean support for Qt 4.7.
- The most important changes include major improvements for the emulator embedder to cleanly work with Qt 4.7 and to fix existing/known bugs with regard to auto-maximization, emulator focus, and mixed/concurrent joystick control, support for XML data that contains Unicode characters, ROMAlyzer fixes (interpret verifications through chdman as file integrity checks only), and improvements and support for additional/new XML data.
New in version 0.2 Beta 17 (November 2nd, 2010)
- Updated files for QMC2 0.2.b17 have been uploaded due to a small/minor but probably annoying bug which was discovered shortly after its initial release.
New in version 0.2 Beta 16 (August 2nd, 2010)
- Reached the 5,000 images for "Scores" and 1,000 for "How To"!
- The category "Versus", left a bit 'by the last round has been completely overhauled (with some pictures deleted because it met the requirements to belong to this collection).
- Thorough review of category "Bosses" were added to 120 pictures and 10 more have been updated.
- Many images "InGame" updated, suggested by Smitdogg and SWOS.
- Review all images of games that use the driver "aristmk4.c": 15 games in total.
- Once the work on the games "parent" for the category "Scores". Is now complete.
- Review all images of games that use the driver "vsnes.c": 51 games in total (the colors were recently revised).
New in version 0.2 Beta 9 (June 19th, 2009)
- Integrated (mini) web browser based on QtWebKit (with just a subset of typical browser features), including HTTP proxy support and a simple download manager
- MAME variants only: new MAWS lookup feature as an additional game detail tab, including on-disk and in-memory caching of MAWS pages (this is using the global browser functionality intensively, but adds some optimizations to speed things up)
- Free reordering & (de)activation of all available game/machine details
- Qt 4.5.0+ required now (Qt 4.5.1 recommended)
- On Windows, the executables (qmc2-emulator.exe) now include the respective application icon to make it look nicer in the Explo(r|d)er :)
- General layout face lift for all UIs (especially smaller layout content margins, and some fixed minor UI bugs)
- The option dialog now uses scrollable content to make it better suited for small resolution displays
- A few (more or less important) bug fixes
New in version 0.2 Beta 8 (April 26th, 2009)
- Support for Windows (Win32) and the original MAME and MESS variants as well as MAMEUIFX32
- ROMAlyzer: support for CHD v4, skip unsupported CHD formats
- Main widget layout improvements to allow for even more flexibility
- Updated template format to support directories and files (the emulator configuration now includes browse buttons for those options)
- Allow user to enable/disable double-click activation in game/machine lists
- Show sort indicator in game/machine list headers and let the user change the sort criteria & order by clicking an applicable column header
- Selectable tab positions (north, south, west, east) for the main widget -- can be changed via context menus of these tab widgets
- Support for additional artwork (cabinets, controllers, marquees and titles)
- Print statistical ROM state information to front end log after game/machine list reload and ROM state checks