New in version 4.16.8
June 15th, 2015
- This is mainly a bug-fix release.
New in version 4.16.5 (December 24th, 2014)
- This is a minor functional and bug-fix release.
New in version 4.16.3 (October 13th, 2014)
- Enums now support __qualname__ for Python v3.3 and later.
New in version 4.15.4 (January 9th, 2014)
- This is a minor bug fix release required by PyQt v5.2.
New in version 4.15.3 (October 16th, 2013)
- This is a bug fix release for a regression that affects PyQtChart.
New in version 4.15.2 (September 16th, 2013)
- This is a minor functional release that will be needed by PyQt v5.1.
- It also contains bug fixes needed by PyKDE4.
New in version 4.15 (August 22nd, 2013)
- This is a significant functional release that is required by PyQt v5.0.1 and PyQt v4.10.3.
New in version 4.14.7 (June 18th, 2013)
- This is a minor functional release and is required by PyQt v5.
New in version 4.14.6 (April 22nd, 2013)
- This is a minor bugfix release.
New in version 4.14.5 (March 27th, 2013)
- This is a minor bugfix release, specifically for QGIS.
New in version 4.14.4 (March 4th, 2013)
- This is a minor bugfix release, but it does include a potential incompatibility in the use of the %VirtualErrorHandler directive.
New in version 4.14.2 (December 10th, 2012)
- This is a minor functional release required by PyQt v4.9.6 and pogles v0.2.
New in version 4.14.1 (October 29th, 2012)
- This is a minor feature release aimed at generating modules for C libraries.
New in version 4.13.2 (February 11th, 2012)
- This is a bug fix release.
New in version 4.13.1 (December 23rd, 2011)
- Deprecation warnings can no longer be disabled.
- Class templates now allow super-classes to be defined as template arguments.
- This release adds the all_raise_py_exception argument to the %Module directive, the /NoRaisesPyException/ function annotation, the /PyName/ typedef annotation, support for "public" preceding the name of a class in a super-class list, and support for "protected" and "private" preceding the name of a class in a super-class list (any such super-class will be ignored).
New in version 4.13 (November 1st, 2011)
- This version adds the ŪfaultDocstringFormat directive.
- It adds the format argument to the %Docstring directive.
- %ConvertToSubClassCode can now cause a restart of the conversion process using a different requested type. '*' and '&' are now supported as unary operators in expressions used in the values of default arguments.
- The /Transfer/ annotation can now be used with the /Array/ annotation to prevent the freeing of the temporary array of pointers.
New in version 4.12.2 (May 2nd, 2011)
- /KeepReference/ is now supported as a function annotation.
- Handwritten code in class templates no longer has the types substituted in lines that appear to contain C preprocessor directives.
- Support for global inplace numeric operators was added.
New in version 4.12 (December 27th, 2010)
- This version includes significant new functionality and also provides a path to ease the migration to SIP v5.
New in version 4.11 (September 1st, 2010)
- added the %UnitPostIncludeCode directive
- /KeepReference/ will now accept a key to track when the same object is passed to more than one method
- operator() and __call__() can now accept keyword arguments
- added support for Python v3.2.
New in version 4.10.3 (July 13th, 2010)
- added support for Q_SLOT, Q_SLOTS, Q_SIGNAL and Q_SIGNALS
- added the /__len__/ function annotation.
New in version 4.10.1 (March 18th, 2010)
- This is primarily a bug-fix release.
New in version 4.10 (January 21st, 2010)
- Added the sip.voidptr.ascapsule() method.
- Added the -P command line option to build modules with "protected" redefined to "public" if supported by the platform. This can result in significantly smaller modules.
- Added the -o command line option to automatically generate docstrings.
- Added the -k command line option and /KeywordArgs/ and /NoKeywordArgs/ function annotations to support keyword arguments.
- Added the /Default/ exception annotation.
- Added the /DocType/ argument, function, mapped type and variable annotations.
- Added the /DocValue/ argument annotation.
- Added the %Docstring directive to specify explicit docstrings for classes, functions and methods.
- Added sipError to %MethodCode to allow user errors to be distinguished from interpreter errors.
- Added sipBadCallableArg() to the C API.
- Added support for configuring and building outside of the source tree.
New in version 4.9 (September 28th, 2009)
- This release adds the ability to wrap classes and functions in different ways and allows an application to choose a particular implementation at runtime.
- It adds support for __iter__ and __next__.
- Mapped types can now act as a namespace for enums and static methods.
- The /Array/ annotation can now be applied to classes and mapped types.
- The /NoArgParser/ annotation can now be applied to methods as well as functions.
New in version 4.8.2 (August 17th, 2009)
- Fixed the '/' operator for Python v3 and future import for Python v2.
- Backported the /AllowNone/ class annotation from v4.9.