December 6th, 2012
· This version adds optional interactive modes to many utilities, CoreAudio support for track playback, improved handling of empty metadata fields, and Opus audio CODEC support.
April 18th, 2012
· This version adds automatic metadata lookup to CD extraction utilities, removing the need to download or edit metadata files.
· Terminal-based interactive modes have been added to several utilities when Urwid is installed.
· Format reference documentation, metadata parsers, and internal audio codecs have all received significant overhauls.
April 6th, 2011
· This version adds interactive modes to the trackplay and cdplay utilities, BIN/CUE disc image support to all CD reading utilities, progress indicators to all long running utilities, ID3 tagging configurability for MP3 files, and read-only DVD-Audio support.
November 2nd, 2010
· A trackverify utility has been added for detecting damaged or truncated audio files whenever possible, and performs the same checks during transcoding.
· The default audio type and default quality level is now selectable.
· External requirements for WavPack support have been removed.
· Support was added for the esoteric multichannel Apple Lossless format
June 25th, 2010
· Added support for Shorten and Apple Lossless audio formats.
October 8th, 2009
· Support was added for the MusicBrainz metadata retrieval service.
· The installation procedure was simplified by eliminating the separate Construct dependency.
· Error handling was improved when files cannot be read or written properly.
· Numerous additional bugfixes were performed.
June 30th, 2009
· Fixed several critical M4A tagging bugs.
· Fixed several minor ID3v2 reading bugs.
· Added support for internationalization.
February 14th, 2009
· ID3 tag handling rewritten.
· Cuesheet support unified to include cdrdao's TOC files and embedded FLAC cuesheets.
· editxmcd rewritten as a PyGTK-based application.
· --verbose flags added to all command-line tools that generate output.
· Output audio types with the -o flag may now be inferred by their suffix.
· Improved XMCD file support.
November 20th, 2008
· Support was added for several additional track metadata fields.
· A program was included for identifying and fixing common metadata problems such as trailing whitespace or empty fields.
· MP3 encoding was updated to use LAME's 0-9 quality setting instead of named presets.
· A build error on Mac OS X was fixed.