New in version 2.19
December 6th, 2012
- This version adds optional interactive modes to many utilities, CoreAudio support for track playback, improved handling of empty metadata fields, and Opus audio CODEC support.
New in version 2.18 (April 18th, 2012)
- This version adds automatic metadata lookup to CD extraction utilities, removing the need to download or edit metadata files.
- Terminal-based interactive modes have been added to several utilities when Urwid is installed.
- Format reference documentation, metadata parsers, and internal audio codecs have all received significant overhauls.
New in version 2.17 (April 6th, 2011)
- This version adds interactive modes to the trackplay and cdplay utilities, BIN/CUE disc image support to all CD reading utilities, progress indicators to all long running utilities, ID3 tagging configurability for MP3 files, and read-only DVD-Audio support.
New in version 2.16 (November 2nd, 2010)
- A trackverify utility has been added for detecting damaged or truncated audio files whenever possible, and performs the same checks during transcoding.
- The default audio type and default quality level is now selectable.
- External requirements for WavPack support have been removed.
- Support was added for the esoteric multichannel Apple Lossless format
New in version 2.15 (June 25th, 2010)
- Added support for Shorten and Apple Lossless audio formats.
New in version 2.13 (October 8th, 2009)
- Support was added for the MusicBrainz metadata retrieval service.
- The installation procedure was simplified by eliminating the separate Construct dependency.
- Error handling was improved when files cannot be read or written properly.
- Numerous additional bugfixes were performed.
New in version 2.12 (June 30th, 2009)
- Fixed several critical M4A tagging bugs.
- Fixed several minor ID3v2 reading bugs.
- Added support for internationalization.
New in version 2.11 (February 14th, 2009)
- ID3 tag handling rewritten.
- Cuesheet support unified to include cdrdao's TOC files and embedded FLAC cuesheets.
- editxmcd rewritten as a PyGTK-based application.
- --verbose flags added to all command-line tools that generate output.
- Output audio types with the -o flag may now be inferred by their suffix.
- Improved XMCD file support.
New in version 2.10 (November 20th, 2008)
- Support was added for several additional track metadata fields.
- A program was included for identifying and fixing common metadata problems such as trailing whitespace or empty fields.
- MP3 encoding was updated to use LAME's 0-9 quality setting instead of named presets.
- A build error on Mac OS X was fixed.