New in version 1.4.0
October 19th, 2010
- I've changed the orientation and dimensions of the playing area in order to simulate a table tennis table. This is reflected in both themes. Also, sounds now play when a player scores. Finally, you can switch to full-screen by pressing F on the intro screen, and switch back to windowed by pressing W.
New in version 1.3.0 (October 4th, 2010)
- This is the first release I've done in a long time for this project, and will probably be the last one for a while. New in this version are themes. The default theme is meant to resemble table tennis, while the arcade theme is meant to resemble a certain game with a name trademarked by Atari. The default view also has new sound effects.
New in version 1.2.0 (June 18th, 2010)
- The main new feature of 1.2 is the addition of an AI opponent. You can now select between the new single player game against the computer or the old hot seat multiplayer game. Paddles have been widened, and the speed of everything as been changed for better balance. Lastly, the ball's collision code has been re-written. Now if the ball hits a moving paddle, its speed will change depending on the paddle's motion.
New in version 1.1.1 (June 6th, 2010)
- The ball would erase the score if it moved over the text. This has been fixed.
New in version 1.0.0 (May 27th, 2010)
- The main difference is how text is rendered. All screens now have additional useful text, except the main screen, where the scores are now at the sides of the window instead of the center. This is the last release before I complete a major refactor of the Pongathon code.