New in version 0.9.11.1
October 16th, 2014
- Added Hebrew translation.
- (Linux) A crash on Linux when media directory permissions were wrong.
- Rapid seeking could lead to video playback stopping.
- Improved reliabilty around publishing network connections.
- Use TLS instead of SSLv3 when talking to plex.tv.
- (DASH) More reliable seeking.
- (ReadyNAS) Fix logo not appearing.
New in version 0.9.9.14 (August 4th, 2014)
- Fixed an issue with high CPU in windowserver on Yosemite and Mavericks.
New in version 0.9.9.13 (August 1st, 2014)
- Extras! (Note: Extras can be added to existing libraries with a Force Refresh)
- Import from iTunes feature for libraries including smart playlist import.
- (API) Support for blur, saturation, and alpha blending on image transcode endpoint.
- (API) Support for rich "composite" images.
- (API) Support for "starts with" and "ends with" operators in filters.
- (API) Allow null values for ID fields.
- (API) Add support for "limit=X" in filters.
- Support for skip count and skip date.
- Hey! A brand new sexy application icon.
- Added a new preference to limit Cloud Sync upload speed.
- Default account to english as opposed to nothing at all.
- An issue with continuous play on items with same air date.
- Massive (like 50x) speedup for global Recently Added endpoint.
- Items inserted into the past in a play queue when adding to 'up next' after playing through.
- Failure transcoding some channel content.
- Sometimes we generated invalid JSON.
- Fix an issue where sometimes sync items would fail to process or upload.
- Much better audio boost.
- On occasion, transcodeer would transcode audio when it should remux.
- An ordering bug getting background art from all libraries.
- A bug where an item could end up in a refresh loop.
- Server could end up hanging during nighly DB optimization task.
- Selected art could be reset on refresh if it was generated art.
- Tweaks for menubar icon on Yosemite.
- Speed up deleting transcode temporary directories.
- Play queues were returning all available alternate media for items.
- Various crashes.
New in version 0.9.9.12.504 (June 19th, 2014)
- Crash handling concurrent HTTP connections.
- Crash uploading CloudSync files.
- Other miscellaneous crashes.
New in version 0.9.9.7.429 (March 14th, 2014)
- (Synology) Fixed installation on DSM 5.0
- Fixed an issue where non-direct played Roku video took a long time to start.
- Fixed syncing RAW photos (for real).
New in version 0.9.8.14 (December 11th, 2013)
- Updated ffmpeg used in media analysis, should help in many ways.
- Track stream titles and codec ID in media analysis.
- Improve connectivity to myPlex.
- Massive improvements to Universal Transcoder quality. Fixes issues with artifacts.
- Increase audio bitrate at higher qualities.
- Failure to re-publish server after connectivity issue.
- Don't log passwords. For real.
- Subtitle encoding detection improved for eastern European languages.
- (DLNA) Improve photo rendering.
- (Sync) An issue with a bogus resource path.
- (Windows) Eliminate a number of crashes.
New in version 0.9.8.10.215 (October 30th, 2013)
- In some cases (transient network glitches) the server could re-transcode all synced content, which could lead to iOS not being able to play it.
- An issue where the new fast scans could miss files when "multi-episode" files were present.
- An issue where the new fast scan wouldn't skip a directory it should.
- Crashes when streaming RTMP content.
New in version 0.9.8.6.175 (September 11th, 2013)
- Transcoder support for the Plex Chrome app.
- Media index files are now available for all users, not just PlexPass members.
- Speed up scanning with database optimizations.
- Another fix for "Recently Viewed Shows".
- View settings are now stored per-account.
- Much less memory used when loading iTunes XML.
- Fix a few field-reported crashes.
- (Windows) Make sure taskbar icon is created.
- (Mac) Fix menu spinner not showing during a scan.
- (DLNA) Use correct MIME types for AAC.
- (DLNA) Update profiles for Bravia 2010 and 2012 models.
- Speed up remuxing H.264 from WTV files.
- (API) Media items on details endpoints weren't sorted correctly.
New in version 0.9.8.4.125 (August 16th, 2013)
- Multi-user mode. All the users you share media with (inside and outside the house) get their own view of it (e.g. On Deck, view history) , and can select custom audio/subtitles. You can use it with children to restrict their access to certain parts of your library (this is only the first baby step towards parental controls). This feature is PlexPass only.
- Now Playing: A “control room” for your server, where you can see what everyone is watching. If you enable media index files, you can even see a super cool animation of fading thumbnails. This feature is also PlexPass only.
- Media Index Files: This option indexes your media and allows for graphical seeking. The Roku and Android apps make use of it. Also PlexPass only. Might make lesser computers cry while it’s actually indexing the files.
- HTTPS support: The media server listens on port 32443 for HTTPS connections.
- Prettier photo albums: We now auto-select a “cover” photo for your photo albums.
- DLNA fixes: There have been a large number of fixes to DLNA. It’s mo betta.
- Other random goodness: Tons of fixes. Copious performance improvements.
- Drobo 5N support: Got one of these beautiful new devices? Get your Plex on.