April 11th, 2013
· FIX: (Transcoder) Fix an issue with audio stuttering on iOS when resuming.
· FIX: (Transcoder) First generation Roku could have A/V sync issues.
· FIX: An issue where video playback would fail on iOS with Universal transcoder.
· FIX: An issue where some channels which used RTMP weren't playing using the Universal transcoder.
· FIX: Under very heavy database loads, in some cases media server could hang.
· FIX: (ARM-based NAS devices) Issue starting because of a missing component.
· FIX: (ReadyNAS, QNAP) Fixed an issue with 100% CPU load, working around a compiler bug.
March 16th, 2013New:
· Auto-select forced subtitles. I don’t speak alien either.
· (API) More information passed back at root level to aid PlexSync clients.
· (API) Final transcode resolution passed back for transcode session endpoint.
· (API) Add a “transcoderVideo” flag at root if we support transcoding video.
· (API) Allow callers to specify a background color when transcoding to JPEG.
· (API) Add viewStateUpdatedAt for global OnDeck to allow sorting.
· (API) export library section UUIDs for PlexSync.
· (Android) Add FLAC as a direct play profile (syncing at less than “highest” will convert to MP3).
· Added device notifications for sync (in progress, item complete). Mostly helps Kepler.
· (PlexSync) Support for syncing show banners.
· (New transcoder) Massive speedups for the new transcoder in many scenarios (sync, streaming, seeking). It should be 2x to 3x faster (around 2x faster than the old transcoder), and will resolve many issues of stuttering and buffering some have seen.
· A bug where timed library updates might only happen every other interval.
· A major regression with subtitles causing transcoder to exit on certain OS X systems.
· A case where we didn’t allow the host system to sleep.
· Improvements to audio stream picking heuristics.
· A hang when WebKit transcodes failed.
· Some EAC3 streams showed up as “EC-3″.
· Use media analysis duration instead of likely meaningless metadata duration when possible.
· Improved elastic thread pool behavior, less pressure on thread creation/destruction.
· Fixed an issue where background color wasn’t correct in the image transcoder (fixes section icons on Roku).
· (OS X) Fix auto-update library failing under certain conditions.
· (OS X) Show Plex/Web preferences by default, option-click shows old Cocoa prefs.
· Improve Kepler transcoder profile, add Plex/Web profile.
· (ReadyNAS) Update packaging, fix temp folder path.
· (Ubuntu) Upstart fix.
· (Fedora) Fixes in scripts.
· (Roku) Improve profile, disable anamorphic video.
· (Kepler) Limit AAC to two channel, so 5.1 gets mixed down when streaming on mobile devices.
· (Kepler) Fix for anamorphic video displaying incorrectly.
· (Windows) Don’t let PYTHONPATH interfere with our Python. Fixes some startup issues.
· (New transcoder) Upgrade to ffmpeg 1.1.2
· (New transcoder) Allow specifying max bitrate.
· (New transcoder) MPEG4 inside AVI files didn’t work.
· (New transcoder) Allow for faster seeking for clients that support it.
· (New transcoder) Don’t send back blank segments when transcoder dies.
· (New transcoder) Allow other users access to transcode session information.
· (New transcoder) Use higher bitrate when converting other codecs to AAC.
· (New transcoder) Improve quality when transcoding interlaced content.
· (New transcoder) Greatly improved AAC audio quality.
· (New transcoder) Remove MP3 from iOS HLS transcode target.
· (New transcoder) Improved support for remuxing with multichannel audio.
· (New transcoder) Support transcoding between multi-channel formats.
· (New transcoder) We failed with some content due to scaling bug (Vimeo, TED).
· (New transcoder) Send more logs up to the media server to help diagnosing issues.
· (New transcoder) Fix an issue when remuxed videos failed or acted weirdly.
· (New transcoder) Fix issue with last character being missing in SRT subs.
· (New transcoder) Fix SRT subs showing tags.
· (New transcoder) Improve accuracy of bitrate in M3U8, helps Roku.
· (New transcoder) Improve bandwidth estimates for HLS.
· (New transcoder) Some indirect videos failed to play.
· (New transcoder) We were generating MPEGTS streams which occasionally made the Roku crash.
· (New transcoder) Improve reliability of new transcoder when resuming.
· (New transcoder) Some VOBSUB subtitles inside MKV files weren’t burned.
· (New transcoder) Some high bitrate stereo content failed to transcode.
February 7th, 2013New:
· Greatly improved (Sync and Win8) transcoder subtitle burning: support SSA and SMI, fix crashes, fix subtitle sync when resuming video.
· (API) Allow converting SMI to SRT (format=srt).
· Scanning TV shows near the root directory of a volume didn’t work reliably.
· Send Accept-Ranges: bytes HTTP header when answering requests for media. Fixes Win8 seeking in media.
· DTS audio inside MP4 container could be incorrectly identified as mp4a during media analysis.
· Transcoding certain media files could be pathologically slow. Thanks to Rodger for helping us diagnose the issue!
· Transcoding video audio from MP3 to AAC would fail in some rare cases.
· A/V sync issues transcoding Smooth Streaming to Windows 8 Store app.
· Actor thumbnails weren’t being offered correctly to sync clients.
· Removed unnecessary logging when running transcoder.
· Add more logging when Win8 app loopback exemption can’t be added.
· When a media asset is uploaded, it becomes the default.
· Sync item status could be prematurely reported as complete.
· Added iPad mini sync profile.
· (Windows) Large log files when number of library paths exceeded 64.
· (Sync) A few issues with sync status not being reported correctly.
· (Transcoder) An A/V sync issue affecting Win8 app.
January 15th, 2013
· FIX: Workaround for LG TVs rebooting.
· FIX: (Windows) Lots of CPU, giants logs in some cases.
· FIX: An issue scanning sections where the paths had trailing slashes (e.g. W:\).
· FIX: MP4 files with DTS streams had them incorrectly identified as MP4a.
· FIX: (Sync) A few issues with sync status not being reported correctly.
· FIX: (Transcoder) An A/V sync issue affecting Windows 8 Plex app.
January 4th, 2013New:
· Music sections support searching by album.
· Massive performance improvements for some DLNA streaming scenarios.
· Allow players to specify a protocol and respect their port.
· (API) Support for filtering movies by studio.
· (API) Support for sorting by last view date.
· (API) Added endpoints for uploading custom media assets (e.g. posters). Used by Plex/Web.
· Some cache control header updates.
· A few crashes.
· (Windows) Workaround for Win 8 security model preventing Plex for Windows 8 from connecting on same machine.
· (Windows) Crash on start.
· (Windows) 100% CPU when Plex for Windows 8 is running.
· (Transcoder) External SRT files with BOM marker weren’t getting rendered.
· (Transcoder) Faster startup.
· (PlexSync) Transcoder now handles anamorphic video properly.
· (PlexSync) Sometimes converted files could be bigger than source files.
· (PlexSync) Ratings directory was missing.
· (API) New /channels/arts endpoint which returns channel background art.
· (API) Resolutions filter can be itself filtered.
· (API) Don’t return empty studios.
· (API) Global on deck has mixed parents.
· (API) Make sure recently viewed channels have identifiers.
· (API) Fix incorrectly escaping JSON.
· (API) Fixes for media asset uploads, and select/lock upload.
· (API) Fix alphanumeric paging with non-alphanumeric characters.
· (DLNA) Hopeful fix for some heap corruption.
· Fixed a few (very) rare deadlocks.
· Fixed iTunes channel for iTunes 11.
· (Sync) iPad 4s weren’t using the right profile.
· (Transcoder) Faster starting for transcoded audio.
· (Transcoder) Fixes for RTMP with new transcoder.
· (Transcoder) Speed up WebKit transcoder starts.
· (Transcoder) Fix for some remuxing cases with Win8.
December 7th, 2012
· (Non OS X) Automatically merge movies when appropriate.
· Fix a crash if there are any unexpected files in the transcode directory.
· Fix a crash when scanning photos with certain EXIF data.
· (OS X) Fixed an evil crash which occurred roughly once every day.
· Don’t allow clients to cache segments, fixes IE10 video playback issue.
· A few crashes that could be caused by proxies getting in the middle between server and myPlex.
· (PlexSync) Added iPad 4 profile, fixed iPad 3 profile.
· (PlexSync) Sync transcoder now works on 32-bit CPUs on Snow Leopard.
· (PlexSync) Allow DirectPlay sync with subtitles (e.g. MP4/TTXT).
· (PlexSync) Scrobble and library media addition/deletion kicks off sync worker. Fixes sync of recently added items.
· (PlexSync) We skip over any invalid sync items instead of completely failing.
· (PlexSync) Fix failed downloads of art/posters in some cases.
· (PlexSync) Synced media subsections weren’t always in the right order.
· (PlexSync) Video bitrate limit on ‘highest’ quality was removed.
· (PlexSync) Fixed broken XML in some sync profiles
· (PlexSync) Fixed an issue where the sync profile name was not constructed correctly.
· (PlexSync) Work-around that the client sent the wrong model name
· (PlexSync) Some sync profiles contained invalid transcoder options
· (Linux) Pass along LANG variable, to assist agents who need to read filesystem.
· (Linux) Crash signing out of myPlex or un-publishing server.
· (Linux) Add the photo transcoder in for ARM architectures.
· (Linux) Fixes for start-up scripts on Fedora and ReadyNAS
· (Linux) Upgrade Sync Transcoder to support progress information.
· (API) Fixes to /firstCharacter filters
· (API) Allow filtering filters by resolution/unwatched, fixes filter issue.
· (API) Don’t limit tag queries by metadata type if we have condition passed in.
· (API) Fix when filtering on unwatched in /firstCharacter endpoint.
· (API) Allow filter endpoints to use type in queries (e.g. album genres).
November 21st, 2012
· NEW: Read some EXIF data for photos and allow filtering on it.
· NEW: Add support for filtering videos by resolution.
· NEW: Improve filtering/sorting options for specific types.
· NEW: Transcoder now goes idle when it gets ahead, saves CPU, helps multiple sessions coexist.
· NEW: (DLNA) MPEGTS target supports transcode throttling (lower CPU usage).
· NEW: (DLNA) MPEGTS target supports audio stream picking and subtitle burning.
· NEW: Use Plex/Web for the default manager now across platforms (option + click uses old Cocoa manager).
· NEW: Added Sony 2011 DLNA profile from (thanks to yardco & tcviper).
· NEW: (API) Add /library/metadata/X/split and /library/metadata/X/merge?ids=a,b,c endpoints.
· NEW: (API) Add /library/clean/media to delete unused media bundles.
· NEW: (API) Add /library/clean/bundles to delete unused bundles.
· NEW: (API) Add ?checkFiles=1 parameter to /library/metadata/X endpoint to check for existence/access for files.
· NEW: (API) Add /library/metadata/X//[add|remove] endpoints to allow adding/removing tags from items.
· NEW: (API) Add new unviewedLeafCount/unwatched/unwatchedLeaves filter fields.
· NEW: (API) Allow >=, < =, and != operators on filter fields.
· NEW: (API) Added a new /library/onDeck global On Deck endpoint.
· NEW: (API) Added fledgling new endpoints /transcode/sessions (and corresponding DELETE /transcode/sessions/).
· NEW: (API) Pass back default sort/direction in /sorts.
· NEW: (API) Added lots more details to WebSocket notifications.
· FIX: An issue which could result in On Deck items being ordered incorrectly or empty.
· FIX: Don’t pass back filenames for shared sections.
· FIX: An issue where season art for date-based shows wouldn’t get loaded the first scan.
· FIX: A few memory leaks and a socket leak.
· FIX: An issue which could lead to the media server becoming unresponsive and crashing with no network.
· FIX: Recently Viewed Show count bumped to 25.
· FIX: When signing out of myPlex, deregister server in cloud.
· FIX: Fix some photos not getting thumbnails.
· FIX: (Windows) Crash when enabling network logging.
· FIX: Crash analyzing some .TS files.
· FIX: Speed up photo scanning greatly.
· FIX: 1/16 of the time, we were incorrectly computing OpenSubtitles hashes. Existing ones are repaired.
· FIX: Attempt to work around newer LG TVs causing PMS to churn with big music sections.
· FIX: Date-based episodes could be inappropriately merged.
· FIX: Store format of sidecar subtitles.
· FIX: Rare issue where HTTP server could stop accepting new connections.
· FIX: Massive speedup when computing number of watched episodes for a show.
· FIX: Quitting PMS during startup could lead to a hang.
· FIX: Move the deletion preference into the library preferences group.
· FIX: Fix a crash in JSON serialization.
· FIX: Tweak to phrasing for episode sort list.
· FIX: Don’t refresh metadata when asked to re-analyze media.
· FIX: Fix an occasion hang where the media server would become unresponsive to requests.
· FIX: Watched/unwatched episode counts could get out of sync after a scan.
· FIX: Filter out non-ASCI characters from EXIF tags.
· FIX: Scanner crashes analyzing DNG files from Lightroom 4.1
· FIX: Occasional crash when scanner exits.
· FIX: Sort files before handing them to the scanners.
· FIX: Run photo and music analysis two at a time, which speeds things up even more.
· FIX: Reduction of memory and thread usage.
· FIX: (DLNA) Fixes for remote/shared server access.
· FIX: (DLNA) Fix when DlnaDeviceDiscoveryInterval was 0.
· FIX: (DLNA) Fix issue with XBox360 and MOV files with 64-bit offsets.
· FIX: (DLNA) OnBrowseMetadata returned wrong content, fixes XBMC playback.
· FIX: (DLNA) Profile for Panasonic Viera TVs.
· FIX: (API) Send back titles with library timeline notifications (for Plex/Web).
· FIX: (API) An issue where WebSocket got closed prematurely.
· FIX: (API) WebSocket handshake failed when URL has X-Plex-Token in it.
· FIX: (API) A few WebSockets crashes.
· FIX: (API) Ensure lastAccessedAt attribute always present for channel listing.
· FIX: (API) Ensure the endpoint which stops a scan doesn’t return until the scan actually stops.
· FIX: (API) Return library section XML when POSTing a new section.
· FIX: (API) Fix a case where library background art endpoint didn’t work.
· FIX: (API) Allow PUT /library/metadata/X to take multiple IDs.
· FIX: (API) myPlex signups work again.
· FIX: (API) Return errors from myPlex when signups don’t work.
· FIX: (API) When sorting by title, actually use the sort title.
· FIX: (API) Expose Flash/Silverlight installation state, start state via root XML.