April 25th, 2013
· Eight bugs were fixed in the Web API, authentication, and mysqli database connector. Kannada (ಕನ್ನಡ) and Norwegian (Nynorsk) languages were added, and 18 languages were updated.
February 21st, 2013
· This stable release fixes a vulnerability for Piwigo installed on Windows platforms.
· The Plugin LocalFiles Editor has been improved for security.
· Ten languages have been updated.
December 20th, 2012
· Six languages were updated, and a Lithuanian translation was added.
July 4th, 2012
· Several bugs were fixed in automatic thumbnail generation and compatibility with old versions of PHP or ImageMagick.
June 23rd, 2012
· The new, on-demand "multiple sizes" feature allows Piwigo to display your photos in nine sizes, from XXS to XXL - ideal for mobile devices, laptops, tablets, desktop computers, and HDTVs.
· The new default theme "Elegant" is designed to be refined and modern.
· The intelligent mobile theme, introduced in this version, is automatically loaded for visitors on iPhones, Androids, and other smartphones.
· Your photos can now be imprinted with watermarks, a highly anticipated feature by professional photographers.
February 15th, 2012
· This stable version fixes 6 bugs and adds 2 features, including a monitoring tool on user rates and a new option to update photos with the Web API (REST).
· Esperanto language support was added.
October 6th, 2011
· This is the new major version and brings many new features and improvements to the user interface, such as a simpler and smarter plugin manager, a dynamic progress bar on the upload form, a rating score replacing the average rate for smarter ranking of photos, the update manager integrated into the Piwigo core, the ability to merge tags, thumbnails, and Web-size photo regeneration, cropping, one given tag which can be described in several languages, and six new languages: Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Estonian, Greek, Korean , and Thai. Support of PostgreSQL has been removed.
September 1st, 2011
· This release mainly focuses on fixing bugs. It also adds a small feature: the ability to use a tag or a list of tags as filter in the Batch Manager.
August 22nd, 2011
· improved CSS file selector for plugin LocalFiles Editor: simpler listbox and default theme CSS custom file is automatically loaded
· when you create a sub-album in a private album, admins and album creator automatically get permission on it (but you can remove this permission afterwards).
· new methods in Piwigo API to set a photo as representative of an album or to set photos manual orders in an album
· to increase performances, Piwigo 2.2.0 has removed a bit of randomness on thumbnails when an album has no defined representant. With Piwigo 2.2.4, you can get this randomness back with local configuration parameter $conf['representative_cache_on_subcats'] = false
· the main problem users encountered during migration to Piwigo 2.2 was that database upgrade was not performed correctly. Piwigo 2.2.4 will detect this missing upgrade and launch it automatically.
April 7th, 2011
· User upload was rewritten in the Community plugin.
· Photo batch manager was rewritten.
· The "categories" concept was renamed to "albums".
· The user interface is available in 37 languages.
· Options were added to sort albums.
· The ability to resize high definition photos was added.
· Weeks may start on Sunday.
· Photos are automatically rotated on upload.
· Themes and languages can be updated in a few clicks.
· ImageMagick is used instead of GD if available on the server.
January 12th, 2011
· 0001988: [category management] [batch management] duplicate thumbnails when photo linked to several categories
· 0002003: [API] [pwg.images.setInfo] randomly fails on calling invalidate_user_cache
· 0001986: [API] [pwg.categories.getList] category description is missing