New in version 2.6.1
October 22nd, 2014
- Fix SciPy regression in Image.resize #945 [wiredfool]
- Fix manifest to include all test files. [aclark]
New in version 2.6.0 (October 10th, 2014)
- Relax precision of ImageDraw tests for x86, GimpGradient for PPC [wiredfool]
New in version 2.3.0 (January 8th, 2014)
- Stop leaking filename parameter passed to getfont [jpharvey]
- Report availability of LIBTIFF during setup and selftest [cgohlke]
- Fix msvc build error C1189: "No Target Architecture" [cgohlke]
- Fix memory leak in font_getsize [wiredfool]
- Correctly prioritize include and library paths [ohanar]
- Image.point fixes for numpy.array and docs [wiredfool]
- Save the transparency header by default for PNGs [wiredfool]
- Support for PNG tRNS header when converting from RGB->RGBA [wiredfool]
- PyQT5 Support [wiredfool]
- Updates for saving color tiffs w/compression using libtiff [wiredfool]
- 2gigapix image fixes and redux [wiredfool]
- Save arbitrary tags in Tiff image files [wiredfool]
- Quote filenames and title before using on command line [tmccombs]
- Fixed Viewer.show to return properly [tmccombs]
- Documentation fixes [wiredfool]
- Fixed memory leak saving images as webp when webpmux is available [cezarsa]
- Fix compiling with FreeType 2.5.1 [stromnov]
- Adds directories for NetBSD. [deepy]
- Support RGBA TIFF with missing ExtraSamples tag [cgohlke]
- Lossless WEBP Support [wiredfool]
- Take compression as an option in the save call for tiffs [wiredfool]
- Add support for saving lossless WebP. Just pass 'lossless=True' to save() [liftoff]
- LCMS support upgraded from version 1 to version 2, fixes #343 [wiredfool]
- Added more raw decoder 16 bit pixel formats [svanheulen]
- Document remaining Image* modules listed in PIL handbook [irksep]
- Document ImageEnhance, ImageFile, ImageFilter, ImageFont, ImageGrab, ImageMath, and ImageOps [irksep]
- Port and update docs for Image, ImageChops, ImageColor, and ImageDraw [irksep]
- Move or copy content from README.rst to docs/ [irksep]
- Respect CFLAGS/LDFLAGS when searching for headers/libs [iElectric]
- Port PIL Handbook tutorial and appendices [irksep]
- Alpha Premultiplication support for transform and resize [wiredfool]
- Fixes to make Pypy 2.1.0 work on Ubuntu 12.04/64 [wiredfool]
New in version 2.1.0 (August 6th, 2013)
- Add /usr/bin/env python shebangs to all scripts in /Scripts.
- Add several TIFF decoders and encoders.
- Added support for alpha transparent webp images.
- Adding Python 3 support for StringIO.
- Adding Python3 basestring compatibility without changing basestring.
- Fix webp encode errors on win-amd64.
- Better fix for ZeroDivisionError in ImageOps.fit for image.size height is 1.
- Better support for ICO images.
- Changed PY_VERSION_HEX, fixes #166.
- Changes to put everything under the PIL namespace. [wiredfool]
- Changing StringIO to BytesIO.
- Cleanup whitespace. [Arfrever]
- Don't skip 'import site' on initialization when running tests for inplace builds. [cgohlke]
- Enable warnings for test suite.
- Fix for ZeroDivisionError in ImageOps.fit for image.size == (1,1)
- Fix for if isinstance(filter, collections.Callable) crash. Python bug #7624 on
New in version 2.0.0 (April 26th, 2013)
- Add Python 3 support. (Pillow >= 2.0.0 supports Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3. Pillow < 2.0.0 supports Python 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7.) [fluggo]
- Add PyPy support (experimental, please see: https://github.com/python-imaging/Pillow/issues/67)
- Add WebP support. [lqs]
- Add Tiff G3/G4 support (experimental) [wiredfool]
- Backport PIL's PNG/Zip improvements. [olt]
- Various 64 bit and Windows fixes. [cgohlke]
- Add testing suite. [cgohlke, fluggo]
- Added support for PNG images with transparency palette. [d-schmidt]
- Many other bug fixes and enhancements by many other people (see commit log and/or docs/CONTRIBUTORS.txt).
- Special thanks to Christoph Gohlke and Eric Soroos for rallying around the effort to get a release out for PyCon 2013.
New in version 1.7.8 (November 8th, 2012)
- Removed doctests.py that made tests of other packages fail. [thomasdesvenain]
- Fix opening psd files with RGBA layers when A mode is not of type 65535 but 3. Fixes issue https://github.com/python-imaging/Pillow/issues/3 [thomasdesvenain]
New in version 1.7.7 (April 6th, 2012)
- UNDEF more types before including windows headers [mattip]
New in version 1.7.6 (January 24th, 2012)
- Bug fix: freetype not found on Mac OS X with case-sensitive filesystem [gjo]
- Bug fix: Backport fix to split() after open() (regression introduced in PIL 1.1.7). [sfllaw]
New in version 1.7.5 (September 9th, 2011)
- Fix for sys.platform = "linux3" [blueyed]
- Package cleanup and additional documentation [aclark